Who had the best character development this season?

Faylinn

Adam Fangirl
Super Moderator
Ok, I know the season still has four more episodes to go, but work with me here. :p

Several characters got some development this season - so who got the best development? Which bit of character development was your favorite?

Personally, I liked the introduction of Sam Flack and seeing Don interact with his sister--and I'm partial to family stories, so I think that might have been the 'best' development this season for me. I also liked the Adam development in "The Party's Over".

What about y'all? :)

I don't know if it's the very best character development this season, but I'm quite happy with Adam's, even if he sometimes gets so little screen time for no reason at all *glares at TPTB*We've learned quite a few interesting things about him and he's not only that nervous lab rat with a stutter, but a richer, more complex individual everyone in and outside the show loves and with so much potential still undeveloped.

Sam Flack was interesting, too. I only hope she doesn't disappear like Louie Messer did *glares at TPTB again*

Hi for me personally i like the way Adam's character has develop particularly in the last couple of episodes .:)

I'll join in the glaring section! *Glares at TPTB* I really like the development that adam has had this season with all the characters. He's come out of his lab shell a little more. I wish I would have seen more *shoots glare* But, I do like that with the fact that we have seen the development, we also saw the lab stick up for adam and save him. *shoots hearts at the TPTB*

Adam's development this season made me see the light, and come over to the adam party. Currently loving this party. :thumbsup:

Hawkes, Hill Harper has gotten a chance to prove what a terrific actor he is. I believe he has made his character almost indispensable. The show needs a brainy, sensitive type to keep all the supermen and bad boy Danny from turning this show into a large puddle of "I used to watch that show years ago".:rolleyes:

I'm split between Flack and Hawkes for this. It's been fun seeing Flack interact with his sister as well as seeing him romance Angell. I do miss his interactions with Danny, though, because when Danny's in distress of some sort, we really do see Flack's softer side. Still, I think it's been great to see him interact with his sister, and to see his romance with Angell.

We've really seen a different side of Hawkes this season. I like how established his sense of integrity has become, and how opinionated he is. And his reactions to having Kara come back into his life--and have her rapist finally caught--really showed a side of him we've never seen before.

For me, it's Don Flack who's had the best development this season. Before season 5 the only well developed characters were Mac, Stella and Danny which is shameful after 4 seasons. It was about time the others got a look in. In fact I think tptb have done a great job of sharing the storylines as we've also seen a lot more of Adam and Hawkes. Mac and Stella have still been 'up there' although I think Danny has suffered a little for the focus being on the others.

All in all, my favourite development has been seeing Don in the role of 'big brother', add to that the fact we've also seen him in trouble with IAB and we've seen Don the 'boyfriend' this season he's done pretty good.

Now all tptb need to do is keep it all going and share the screentime and storylines consistently and a little more fairly between the supporting characters. Oh, and they need to find a storyline for Lindsay outside of her relationship with Danny and the baby and I'll maybe give them a gold star for improvement to character development in general. :)

I'm partial to Flack, but I love all the men of CSI:NY. Truly, I do believe Flack has gotten some of the best development this season. However, if the last 4 eps are as good as they are hyped to be, we will see lots more development. Adam is a close second for me, with Hawkes, Danny and Sid coming in tied for third (I just LOVED Sid in the ep with Pino. WOW!)

Hawkes .. He got the best out of him .. !!
Made the Show very interesting in sometimes .. with alot of emotion and strength in his acting .. !!
AJ Buckley was integral this season .. Amazing .. !!

Hawkes, Adam and Flack... All good character developments. :) I can't choose just one of them, although as Flack is my favourite character I'd probably lean towards Sam Flack being a highlight.

If the spoilers come to fruition then I'm looking forward to finding out new things about Stella's past, and about Mac's father. :) There's hopefully still some great character developments to come this season.

I think Adam has had the best charcter development this season, we've seen a lot more of him in the lab, now that he's a regular, all of those cute little moments when he's gotten in to trouble, got to go out in the field, broke a case, stuttered in front of Mac, saved a life and spoke of his past, have been awesome, this season really has been great for the character, I hope that it will continue through the next season. I think Sid and Hawkes' characters have also developed nicely this season, and I'm looking forward to further development for them in the future. :D

I can't pick between Flack, Hawkes and Adam. :(

I could tell you who I think has had the worst character development this season in a heart beat, though. :devil: :shifty:

I'd say Adam and Flack. Adam's had a nice big part in some episodes (The Party's Over especially, and I know Green Piece is a good one for him too) and Flack because of the Sam storyline and the IA investigation.
I've enjoyed seeing a softer, more vulnerable side to Mac too, it seems a little hurried at times, but it's nice to see nonetheless.

flack mosdef because of sam, and IA issue and angell. got to see his protective older brother side, angst-everyone-is-against-me side, and romantic side. i hope to see his caring uncle side too. ;)

and angell, well. she did get her mini storyline going on with stella and the greek coin. and obviously her thing with flack. from the flirting to the *ehem* handcuffing. :devil: what's great about it is that she's not just "flack's girlfriend". she can totally hold her own during interrogations and all that.

and oh yeah, adam! from adorkable lab tech to this guy who helped the kid in the party's over, to becoming a hero in green piece! he's awesome. more adam! ;)

Back