Which storyline(s) would you choose for a 'do over'?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Let's face it - sometimes the show will have a really good idea, but when the episode(s) air, you can't help feeling like they could have done a better job of bringing that idea to life.

So which storyline(s) would you chose for a 'do over' - that is to say, is there a story arc, episode, concept, etc that you wish they could go back and re-do?

For example - this week's episode, "Help", was good, but I wish they could do it over and give Hawkes more focus in the episode (and give him more scenes with Kara in the present).

[And before anybody asks - yes, the more the merrier. :p]

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Run Silent, Run Deep should have a do-over and actually let the viewers know Louie's fate.

Zoo York should have a do-over and never have Lindsay join the team and give Hawkes the development he should have had moving from the ME's office to being a CSI. Of course then Danny wouldn't have been tied to her either and the show wouldn't have the suck ass baby/twu wuv story line they're doing now.

The begining of S3 should have a do-over to show Flack actually recovering from his bombing injuries.

The episode where we found out Stella was in foster care should have a do-over because prior to that she supposedly grew up in an orphanage and also because her foster mother was the same age as Stella.

I could go on, but I'll stop for now.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Love the idea for this thread, and I'm definitely going to have to put some thought into it! I know there are some episodes that I think could have been done differently.

This one is freshest in my mind, so let me definitely concur here. I thought the episode lacked a conclusion for Hawkes--even if it was just to show us that catching the rapist didn't give him as much closure as he'd hoped. We needed something, and the time for that subway scene should have been devoted to Hawkes rather than a CBS records singer. :rolleyes:

"All Access" was an atrocity and I would blot that episode out if I could.

Beyond that, I'll have to think a bit on what my choices would be and how I'd change the episodes.

4. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

I'd have to say one of the bigger stories that need a do over is Lindsay dark secret story. It felt very rushed and not thought out very well. While it had the making of a good story, the ending (and not even danny going to montana part of the story although that was awful) it just felt incomplete like they thought of the idea at the end of a long day and they just wanted to get home.

And I'd agree that Lindsay shouldn't have joined the team when she did we should of had a whole or at least half a season of Hawkes entering the field then replace Aiden and bring Lindsay in.

5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Great thread! This one will definitely need some thinking.

But for now, let me just agree that Help should have focused more on Hawkes. Something between him a Kara, other than just flashbacks.
    ...And, to be honest, I kept waiting for that Beetles song to start playing :lol:

6. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I agree with the do-over on Louie's fate. That would be nice to know.

I think any time Mac flips out because people can't emotionally separate themselves from cases should be re-done. It just makes him sound hypocritical when he can't do the same (such as Taxi).

I would redo Manhattan Manhunt, and have Lindsay react to the bodies in a way more consistent with how she would in Season 3.

I'm sure I'll come up with a few more, but these were foremost on my mind.

7. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I have to agree on the beginning of S3. Apparently, that incident brought Mac and Flack closer. Let's see more of that.

Um, the current D/L story. Either no baby, or take the story in a different direction (personal opinion only!).

The "Adam's being let go" story. What ever came of that? (Yes, we know Mac used his super-powers to keep Adam, but c'mon, a little more background, please?)

More about Hawkes and Kara. In "Help" would have been nice, even in eps before that, too.

More about Louie, too please.

That's it for now.

8. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

I love Louie. I want Louie back. He is so good, and brings something so personal and special to Danny. :(

Okay, I'm alright.

I wanted to see a scar on Adam's hand in "Can You Hear Me Now?" because I thought that he had been burned on his hand in "Snow Day."

I wish they had had a slower build up to Lindsay's story so that her trauma of seeing that girl dead would have been more believeable and less out of the blue.

I wish that we had seen Quinn in "Veritas." Mac went to Jersey and no mention of Quinn? Sigh.

9. jolein

jolein Pathologist

I would like to another way of introduction from Lindsay and then have her as a fully developt character first.

And I would love to see some follow up from the various storylines,like How is Louie,Don`s scare and scar etc

10. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

well i think they should make a do-over about Louie's fate (i still have no clearly answer about him). other thing is Flack's pretty fast recovery (i would loved to see at least a little of his scars). and they shouldn't let Lindsay in, personaly i don't like she, but it's just my thoughts. well for now this is all.

11. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

the whole of season 4.... i thought all those storylines were horrible. i wasn't too into the whole Mac story with the 333 killer and then the cabbie killer. to me they were boring stories and could have been done so much better. the whole thing with Danny and Lindsay either could have been done better or not done at all. D/L did not go through a "bump" they went through a nightmare for both the characters and the fans to watch. i like D/L but their drama was way too much. non of the characters had very many good things written for them in this season.

if the strike didn't happen i'm sure none of the storylines last year would have been done as badly as they were. so basically i would choose season 4 to 'do over' it had potential and then just slipped.

12. clf_1991

clf_1991 Victim

I agree that they should do over the tanglewood storyline and show us what happened to louie after

13. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I think there are a lot of things that could and should be done over.

I agree that Lindsay's entrance should have been done better. I understand that TPTB wanted a second female member of the team, but I think it would have ben better if they'd waited. I'd have liked to have seen more on Hawkes' development as a CSI. They really missed a chance to give him some good development.

I also agree with the whole "Tanglewood" storyline. I want to know what happened with Louie, if he's dead or alive or what.

Agree with "All Access." I understand that domestic violence can happen to anyone, but the way it happened to Stella? just a bit unrealistic, IMO. It would have worked better if it was a random stalker who'd clubbed her over the head and tied her up or something.

Aiden's exit and death. She never struck me as the type to get so emotionally involved in things. She certainly never struck me as the type to be so obsessed as to completely lose her perspective and stalk someone, and then let them lure her to her death. I'd have liked it better if she were either killed in the line of duty or there was a shooting similar to Danny's in "On the Job" but she wasn't exonerated.

Lindsay's Dark Secret. It just felt rushed and unrealistic to me. Plus, the way it changed her whole character was not cool. The way she was in "Manhattan Manhunt, where she's fine with all the blood and teenage girls, then "Silent Night" she bails from the crime scene and gets all hysterically weepy at the dead girl's body. Then has no adverse reactions after the trial is over. Not realistic.

The whole Danny and Lindsay relationship, and the attendant lack of Character Developmnent for Lindsay. They really made Danny into Lindsay's lapdog, IMO. The idea of him flying all the way out to Montana for her like a Lovesick puppy....ick. Also, the idea of Lindsay not having any character development independent of Danny is annoying. She should be able to stand on her own, especially because she's in the main credits of the show. I actually liked her in season 2. She was fun and lively. then, after the dark secret and when she got stapled to Danny, she became this weepy, mopey, unpleasant shrew somehow. Me no want.

Ditto for the Danny and Lindsay Baby. Just Yuck. It makes her seem so utterly weak willed and pathetic. It also makes Danny seem like a slut who'll do it with anyone just because.

I wish they could have done something with Anna Belknap's pregnancy other than writing it in to the show. Why couldn't she have needed some time back in Montana. They could have given her some better character development and avoided a jump the shark moment.

I haven't seen much of season 5 due to schedule things, so until I do, I'm going to refrain from commenting on those eps/storylines I haven't seen.

14. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

The Cabbie Killer story, at least the ending. The 'religious killer' thing was predictable.

The whole D/L thing after s2.

In Veritas, we should have got a Mac/Stella hug or a talk about how worried they were for each other.

Run Silent, Run Deep, we should have found out what happened to Louie.

Lindsay's Dark Secret - the secret was okay, but we should have seen more of how it affected her in ways not to do with Danny. They should have kept it as Lindsay's story and kept Danny out of it.

15. GotGameFAn

GotGameFAn Hit and Run

Grand Murder at Central Station.
    Mac shouldn't have fired Aiden maybe take her off the case but not fire. I mean, look what happened because of that. Danny and Lindsay are so "OMG, Linds. Did you hurt the baby when you nearly trip? I'm sorry I didn't try to catch you. :("

I just basically want Lindsay to get the hell out of the show and bring Vanessa back.