Which show has the best guest stars?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by vegaslights, Jan 25, 2009.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

With all the big guest stars coming up, I thought I'd see which shows you guys think has the best guest stars. And help generate a bit of discussion in the lovely Gen CSI. ;)

For me, I think the CSI show tends to generate the better guest stars. They always seem to act better, where as on Miami, they overact, and on NY, they always tend to rely on stunt casting. On LV, they're more realistically played, and more enjoyable to watch.

So, which show do you think has the better guest stars?

2. Lil_Mizz_JoJo

Lil_Mizz_JoJo Victim

I'm not quite sure about that one. I mean, they've all had their fair share of "really good" guest stars.

But in my honest opinion....I reakon the guest appearance from Roger Daltrey in Vegas, was really good. It really pleased me, because he's in the band The Who. And we all know, that they sing the theme tunes, for all CSI's!

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

You're too kind. :p

I think NY has definitely had a lot more clunkers in the guest star department than the others, but that could be because I watch it more closely.

Miami tends to make a lot of its guest stars look bad just because of the way they have to act in scenes with Horatio (in my opinion, anyway). I was so glad Chad Allen didn't have a scene with Horatio when he was on there earlier this season - I was dreading it like you have no idea. I was expecting it to be really horrible, but it ended up being alright because he only interacted with Eric and Ryan. :lol:

CSI, on the other hand, seems to cast actors on the basis of talent - and it could also be that, as the flagship show, more actors want to be on there and they get a better choice. You rarely hear about CSI including some random celebrity of dubious acting ability to appear in an upcoming episode. I doubt CSI would just randomly stick Nelly Furtado into an important role or try to see how many Big Names they can squeeze into an episode a la "My Name is Mac Taylor".

So yeah, I'd say CSI probably has the best guest stars overall, but they've all had good ones and not-so-good ones. I think CSI also has better guest roles than the others most of the time, which might impact how we view the guest stars themselves.

4. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Miami had two surnames which I love - Browder and Shanks, so well, they're great and both should end up in CSI:p Same with Kerr Smith who was in NY too, of course - bigger role and no Horatio, lol. I remember that Ian Sommerhalder was really good in ep of Miami.

Still more depends on the personal taste. Sometimes I'm finding various opinions about that some guest stars were horrible and in the same time someone was saying that the performance was great. Closer for me is CSI so I remember many great guest stars but for me, personally, Miami had more magnetic surnames... So well, I'm undecided;)

5. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

Since I only watch CSI and not Miami or New York, I won't judge on what show has the best guest stars, but CSI has had great famous guest stars, and has had guest starts that become famous actually after guest starring, or have a rebounce in ther careeers after guest starring in it: Dakota Fanning, Marcia Cross, Evan Rachel Wood, Daveigh Chase, Danny from CSI: New York, that guy from Nip/Tuck, and they even made Kevin Federline look like he had decent acting chops by giving him a fitting role, etc...

I've gotta say, though, that for example, the Myth Busters were a great example or underutilized Very Special Guest Stars.

6. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I'd have to say that I think Vegas has had the best guest stars.
    The guests on LV usually seem to have more "depth" and interest to the charaters which they were cast to play. Also, the people who have been guests have had a high level of talent already and don't need to rely on the script to portray themselves.

New York is so-so in the guest stars department. They've had a few who I felt did a decent job, but then there were some who I was like "And they were on here for what exactly...?" NY seems to be more interested in getting big names on the show, sometimes generally regardless of their acting talent. Maybe they think more people will watch the show that way.

I actually can't even rememeber who has been guest stars on Miami. I don't know if that means they weren't worth remembering, or if I just forgot. :D

7. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

Well right now I would have to say CSI:LV because of Taylor Swift! But Diddy is going to be on Miami and then there is ashlee simpson and pete wentz on NY. Then Chris Daughtry on NY. So maybe NY instead. IDK They all have had/will have pretty awesome guest stars.

8. Catu

Catu Police Officer

I believe CSI NY i mean this season was full of guest stars specially the 100th episode!!