Which CSI MOVIE would you like to see?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Faylinn, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Inspired by the now-defunct CSI: The Movie thread, here is a new movie-themed thread, complete with poll. :D (Remember that this is just for fun--there isn't anything to indicate that there will be a CSI movie in the near future. ;))

Let us know what your choices were, and also what you'd like to see in the movie, such as storylines, guest stars, music, special effects--whatever you can think of! :D

2. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

I think that if they did a theater movie it would just kind of flop. I mean, people would see it, but it wouldn't do as well- everything's going so well with the shows on the small-screen, so I think they should stick to that. However, a TV movie wouldn't be bad- I'm just wondering what they'd do to make it more special than an episode- I mean, they've done two-parters and crossovers, so what would make the movie a movie and not a 2hr episode? I don't know.

I would watch it and I think it would be great (Miami for me because I like Miami the best because of the characters- every. One. Of. Them.) but it would have to be AWESOME to be esteemed- otherwise, people would ask, why not a two-parter during sweeps instead? Anyhoo...

If they did do a movie, I would like to see something dramatic- as in Horatio (Miami, again, they ould do this with any of the shows though) or another major character with a dilema- or, a major death. It might be a non-CSI related thing- as in not in the lab. Borrowing from a fic, what about a vacation from the lab- what are the CSIs like off-duty?

Well, I like the idea, but it would be really terrible if it wasn't HUGE because then, again, people (or I) would think that it wasn't anything special and it was uneeded. :D

3. butterflylove206

butterflylove206 Prime Suspect

I think if they did a theater release a ton of people who watch the show would come and then there would also be alot of people who would see it haveing never watched the show because they thought it looked interesting but are more movie people than tv people or because they are dragged there by their obsessed friends. This would then result in more viewers for the show because people would realize how awsome it is

4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Maybe they can offer large popcorn tubs with cast photos. And instead of the braided rope lines at the ticket lines or consession stands, they can use crime scene tape.

5. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i think they could do something with any of them, but probably a tv movie would be best. some people (like myself) might think 'this is just like a big episode, why do i have to pay?' if it were made into a theater movie.
    i think a special 2 hour or so episode/tv movie in the off season would be a really good idea. sometime in july when we are going through withdrawl. but it would have to be a really special storyline, id like it to feel different than the average episode.

6. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

That's an excellent idea!! I'm sure that there would be lots of fans, such as ourselves ;), dressed up as the characters :lol: That's what I do at Harry Potter movies :lol:

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ok, time to weigh in on the thread. :D

CSI:NY is my personal favorite, so of course I'd love to see a movie of that show more than the others. ;) If they did one for any of the shows, however, I'd still go. :)

I think I'd prefer a theater release. A TV movie would just be like a glorified episode in my opinion, while a theater movie would be something a bit different. Seeing the characters on the big screen, maybe 2 1/2 hours long, with big name stars. :) I'd love to see the movie with an international case or something--some way to use something that hasn't been done on the show. More special effects, not to mention the extras that would come along with having it released as a movie. There could be a soundtrack, and the DVD release would be pretty awesome, you have to admit. ;)

However, there are some issues with having a big-screen movie like this. They couldn't use very recent storylines in the movie unless it's a limited release, because other parts of the world might not have seen episodes that contain those stories, so they'd be spoiled and/or just confused by seeing them in the movie...

But I'd still love to see it. :lol:

8. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I think they should do CSI movie on TV. I don't think it will make it to Theater, because it too many of new movie will come out and it will beat CSI Movie in theater. I think they better off do on tv movie.

9. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I think that a movie on either the TV or in the theaters would be cool. It would be interesting to see how they would develop a story for a movie on the big screen, but it would probably make more sense to keep the show as a TV movie. I'd watch it either way though.

10. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

Definitely Miami, and definitely a theatrical release. The episode 'Rio', in my opinion at least, had a very cinematic feel, and I liked it a lot.
    I think it would be a success because Miami is the number one American TV show in the world, therefore it would also be a success overseas. Also, since Jerry Bruckheimer is affiliated with the show, it would be an almost guaranteed success since his movies are wildly popular. I remember back when The X-Files movie came out, and as a giggling little teenager drooling over Mulder, I couldn't wait to get my ticket. A Miami movie would have that same effect on me, only this time I'm drooling over Horatio :D. I would honestly skip school (I'm in college, so it's not a big deal) to wait in line for tickets for a Miami movie. If they did make a Miami movie, I hope they make it like The X-Files movie, with more character insight.

11. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I would love to see a CSI Movie in theaters, just because it would be nice to see something different. Storyline? I would like to see Grissom get kidnapped...and see the gang find him like he found Nick.

12. delkofan4life

delkofan4life Civilian

I would love to see a CSI Miami movie. I absolutely love CSI Miami and think it would make an awesome movie. To be able to see the cast on screen as well as on tv would be awesome.

13. Trevor

Trevor CSI Level Two

I'd like to see a movie where they link all three of the CSIs (Vegas, Miami, NY) to a serial killer who jumps between the cities. One where they must find the killer before the FBI shuts them out of the case entirely...and we can't forget the usual drama that occurs on episodes on a regular basis.

14. Forensics_annie

Forensics_annie Witness

i agree. i think all three would bring more rates than only one. only if the plot and theam is working with them. like Trevor just said, with a crimminal jumping from city to city.

15. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Vegas baby, theater type! I would LOVE to see Marg act on the stage!