Where The Living Is Easy

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Desertwind, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

For years, we've heard that folks from the Northwwest were fleeing to the Sunbelt. Bust five Northeastern states were rated among America's "most liveable" places in the book State Rankings 2006 (Morgan Quitno Press) based on 44 factors, including income, education and job growth.. the top ten!!!

1..New Hampshire
    2..Minnesota
    3..Iowa
    4..Vermont
    5..New Jersey
    6..Wyoming
    7..Massachusetts
    8..Virginia
    9..Nebraska
    10..Connecticut

Any of you fans live in any of these states? ;)

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Did it say WHY exactly the folks ( like myself) are fleeing to the Sunbelt? Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain

I think you guys get the idea :)

and none of those places are in the Northwest

3. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I'm from Massachusetts and I'm surprised that it made this list. The cost of living here is so high, and in fact we've actually lost a lot of jobs because of Romeny who luckily is out of office on January fourth. Enough about bad politicans, he's actually cut so much money from the budget that no place in the state can take mental paitents anymore.

4. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

The places listed were all purportedly in the Northeast, but I don't know anyone who would consider Nebraska, Wyoming, Iowa, or Minnesota the northeast. Virginia is only vaguely in the northeast at that. Do you remember exactly where this list came from?

I've seen different lists about that wouldn't list those places as liveable, most specifically because as Calihan stated, the cost of living is getting way out of control and no one can afford to live there anymore.

5. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

i like virginia. the beachs are fun :)

6. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I found the full list of states and you can look at them here. It looks like the top ten aren't necessarily northeastern states, just the top ten most livable ones. I myself live in Maryland, at number 16.

7. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

I live in California, where it just seems like everyone and their brother lives, especially during rush hour. :D :cool:

8. CSI_Sidle2399

CSI_Sidle2399 Rookie

I live in massachusetts

9. MMForbiddenDonut

MMForbiddenDonut Witness

New Jersey? I don't know how anybody affords anything around here. Every house that has been built in my area runs around $600,000 so either there are an awful lot of people making 6 figures or a lot of people are in some serious debt. My sister is an RN, makes close to $28 an hour and cannot afford anything around here. If you read statistics on Mount Laurel, where I live, they try to claim the average house price is $180,000. That is a lie and a half. You cannot even get a condo for that cheap. And they claim the average salary is $65,000 a year. There is no way someone making that much money can afford a half a million dollar house, plus several BMWs. And the taxes are ridiculous. Car insurance is ridiculously high. And the school systems are not that great. At least not any of the schools I went to. They were horrible. I learned more about my teachers' lives than the subject they were teaching. Not to mention the area is getting ridiculously overpopulated. Last but not least, the state is a toxic wasteland!

Sorry. No offense to anyone else who lives in NJ. I am not a big fan of living in NJ.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

HEY, MOVE.. save and come on out here to Nevada where the land is still so pristine, and it's so much cheaper, then N.J...you can buy a condo or a house for as little as $200,000, look for your options ;)

11. MMForbiddenDonut

MMForbiddenDonut Witness

Believe me I would love nothing more than to move out of this state ASAP. But first I have to get my head straight....and decide what to major in in school...and get back to work so I can save up some money while in school. I would like to have some kind of career starter and some money saved before I move. Technically, I have my heart set on Myrtle Beach, South Carolina but I am willing to check out other places. ;)