What got you hooked?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by 19ams87, Feb 10, 2007.

1. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

I thought it'd be interesting to see what was the first episode everyone ever watched of CSI. Did you start from the offset with the Pilot are like me were you a late starter? My first episode was Pledging Mr Johnson (I think this is probs the reason I don't ship GSR, more of a GCR lass!)

And what got you hooked? Was it the cases, the characters or the chemisty between them? For me it was a mixture of them all. I've always been into forensics etc and I loved the chemistry between the characters.

So, what got you hooked on CSI?

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I started watching after getting hooked on CSI NY...Mostly because I had less to do at night while our computer was down and we were having so many internet problems. I think the science is part of it...but I always have a hard time pinpointing exactly what drew me in. I do know that at first I just got bored without Gary Sinise onscreen but all that changed lol

3. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

Let's just say that the first episode I ever saw was Grave Danger.

Nuff said.

4. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

What got me hooked? In a word - Marg.

I actually recorded the Pilot when it aired. I only recorded it to see Marg back on tv again, but her part in the Pilot didn't really blow me away, so I didn't watch it again. It wasn't until a few years later when I had a little down time at work (!) so I flipped through the tv channels and caught CSI reruns on SpikeTV and I thought the show seemed more interesting, so I just started tuning in each night. Then I started watching the new episodes each thursday night. They were in mid-season 5 at that time. So, I had lots of catching up to do.

5. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i got hooked b/c of the reruns on Spike. i liked the show earlier but it wasn't before i started watching those reruns that i got obsessed, lol. it was about a year and a half ago.

6. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

my mom got me hooked she was watching it from the start and thought id be interested coz i always ask "why?" "who?" "when?" questions about things. my first ep was the pilot and i loved it! loved the way they were able to figure things out i was intrigued. i also loved the chemistry of the cast like nick and warrick have a lil competition to see who could get to 100 solved cases first :lol:
    also loved the small comedy lines thrown in and the way billy/grissom delivered them e.g when holly gribbs throws up in the room wiv all the dead bodies and he takes her out and yells "you b******S" at the corpses i laughed so much hehe
    so basically i got hooked right from the word go and loved every single moment since :D

7. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

In one word - Nick. :lol: My first ep was Stalker in reruns on Spike. Then right into season 5. I did realize once I did see the first season that I had seen bits and pieces of some eps before, but back then I wasn't interested.

Susan

8. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

What got me hooked on Crime Scene Investigation an investigation I saw on TV in which an investigator found someone's hair on a field of grass which, in turn, captured my imagination. "C.S.I." was just the icing on the cake.

9. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

I've only seen seasons 1-4 and i'm in the UK and we've just started S7, yup, i'm watching them in a very screwed up order lol.

I thought Nick was the hottest guy at first, then Billy opened his mouth and I heard that voice, then Grissom grew on me. The rest is history!!

Gotta say though, Brass is now one of the main reasons I watch it, i'm well like him, sarcastic as hell. :D He's underrated.

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Nice topic, lets see if I remember.. oh yes I remember I was bored one night and flipping through channels cause charmed was a repeat or not on, something anyway saw that it was just coming on and I thought what the heck might as well give it a shot and been watching ever sense.

I had seen commericals prior to its premiere but didn't pay much attention to them. I do remember that at first I would watch it every other thursday, because it was on opposite charmed. So one week I taped CSI & Watched charmed, the next vice versa, until charmed got moved which made me happy cause then I didn't have to alternate.

Got my dad hooked after my mom passed away (she didn't take to the show) one night I was watching it and he sat there and asked me to explain the show to him (since he hadn't seen it before) So I did and now he watches the spike repeats, though he isn't an avid fan, he watches it just cause he knows I want to. :D

11. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Its kinda wierd cuz I actually watched the Pilot episode in my Media class a couple of years ago at college and I liked it but it didn't get my boat rocking if you get me. I think it's cuz I forgot my bloody glasses and couldn't really see much (LOL) but I watched it again after getting hooked and I was like DDDAAAAMN, how did I not LOVE this when I watched it first time.

I actually owe it to someone else for getting me hooked, she was always going on about CSI so I decided to give it a try one night and hook, line and sinker, loved it! :)

12. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

yeah, first i liked it for the cases and i thought all the guys are hot, but i started liking Grissom more and more with every ep and he grew on me. now i watch it for 1. Grissom 2. GSR and 3. the cases ;)

13. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

I agree, all the guys are hot in different ways. Nick and Warrick are confident sexy, Grissoms intelligent sexy and Gregs quirky/geeky sexy and Brass, wouldn't describe him as sexy but he's just the funny guy aint he. Bless Paul!!

I watch it now for 1. Brass/Paul 2. Billy/Gris 3. Marg/Cath 4. The cases. I always learn off it too, I think thats one of the most attractive things about the show for me too, it's always been something i've been into so s'all good.

14. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

Paul Guilfoyle got me hooked. Back in S5, I just happened to watch CSI, heard Paul Guilfoyle speak and had to look to see who that voice belonged to. I've loved Brass ever since.

15. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Brass is the real star of the show IMO. Sure, i'm a pretty huge Billy fan but I think Paul deserves an award or something. He needs his props. I love his sarcasm. Just. Like. Me!