What do you think about Gay people and The show The L word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nienna Berylla

CSI Level Two
i just wanna know how people think about being gay or having friends who are gay and i like to talk about The show the L word with pics to share to each other.. So maybe we can discuss about this here..

And here is also the first pic:
thelwordgroup.jpg

I'm gay, I love being gay, I'm proud of it, I like gay people (like straight people too) and the L Word sucks.
I watch it anyways because of Kate Moenning and Erin Daniels. And Jennifer Beals, Pam Grier, some of the guest stars... They have really hot girls on that show but still, its too cliché to be good. And it's too focussed on sex.
But hey, it's all we get, so I do watch it. Yes, guilty as charged.
BTW: doesn't this belong in the general media section? At least the second part of the question...
PS: Anyone else hate Jenny?

im not gay but bisexuel and i think youre right about the show but there are so many beautiful woman in there that i have to watch and thats what its al about for me, but i know that im more into woman than in to man so i think im gay so thats no problem to me.. I love myself that way..

And thanks for responding.. now we aren't the onely ones around here i think so it feels better to know that more people are gay.. ;)

Actually, reading the posts in the misc forum I get the feeling that there are quite a few queer people around here. There should be with 11.000 + members ;)

About the show again: I think the problem is that The L Word is trying too hard to be a drama show. When I watch it I see it as light entertainment, some sort of comedy. That's how I have a great time watching even though I still think it sucks ;)

And one more thing: It's not necessary to label yourself, gay, bi, doesn't matter. Even if you think you're sure about liking women more at the moment, that can change if you've liked guys before... I think it's stupid to restrict oneself with labels, even if I'm 100 percent certain I'm not going to be into men at any point in time, there's many people who aren't sure, and they only confuse themselves by trying to define themselves.
For example I hate how being "bi" is frowned upon by many who say you have to either be one or the other. That's not what love or sexuality is about. So there goes, be who you are and not who other people think you should be.
Ok, I'm rambling again, that usually means bed-time for me. (Not that it'll make me go to sleep now ;)) I'm shutting up.

Edited to add my fave LW pic because in the beginning you've been asking to discuss with pics. ;)

youre not rambling and i totaly think your right i never liked boys before i always looked at girls but yes i think that the people around me want me to be something im not and the have to live it more and accept it more than i do because i Know this for years now and im not ashamed of myself..

about the L word i like the drama part in it and its good entertiamend if your bored but not the way in real life because the blow it up very much its so much different here.. But i do like and wanna see it because i can laugh about it and be happy to see beautiful woman..

Good night and huggie from me..

ps I love this pic of Erin Daniels:

Wow, that pic is hot, where did you get it from? She looks gorgeous, seems liek a very uncomfortable position though, with her neck strained like that...

I mainly watch it because of Kate Moennig. She's completely gorge. I'm so stoked for the premier on Thursday.

I was in Whistler the week before the finale was filmed. I was pretty disappointed when I found out how close I was to seeing it.

Wasn't there already a thread about something like this? 'Say No To Homophobia'. But maybe it's closed, I'm not sure. ;) Btw, I don't like the L word, actually.

Re: What do you think about Gay people and The show The L wo

As Roos pointed out, this is similar to "Say No to Homophobia" so I think this is closed.

There's been L Word thread in Gen TV, but it's last time been active in Dec. So you can take the show discussion there and gay discussion to "say no to homophobia".

Of course I don't deny adding L Word to that Misc thread, as long as it doesn't go to "what happened in the show"

If you get my point ;)

Questions can be PMd to me or wibbsey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back