Welcome to the Jungle

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Calihan, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I had no idea for what I should call this thread, so please pardon the really bad title.

I you're wondeing where I got the title, I figured almost everyone knows how bad stores can get around this time of year.

Back on to the topic of tis thread, since Thanksgiving is over I thought we should have a thread the fun actvity know as Christmas shopping.

I thought that the main point of this thred should be if you're having a dilemma as to what you shuld get some one, you post it here and we'll give you advice.

I can't think of any problems I'm having so you all can post yours.

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I usually try to get most of my shopping out of the way by July or August. I do not like to get malled (mauled). But there is always one or more people who I never know what to get and I just pick out something at the last moment.

3. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I do all of my shopping on the internet, that way I don't have to put up with PEOPLE!

4. calleighdelko

calleighdelko Lab Technician

i dont have alot of money to spend (well basicly my mum will be giving me all my money for presents) and i have 9 friends to buy for
    has anyone got any ideas on what i could buy them thats not to dear but will still make a good present (all my friends are girls)

5. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I wish I could help you out finding gifts, but I'm also having girl trouble. I'm also trying to find presents like what you said, because we're not great friends but we're still friends. I was thinking of maybe getting CDs. The trouble with those is you need to find out what CDs they already have.

6. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Calleighdelko, and Calihan, what about journals? You could either buy some cheap ones and decorate them yourself, or you could buy pre-decorated ones. They're not too expensive, and your friends can use them as notebooks, or diaries, or whatever.

7. Calihan

Calihan Captain

It's a good idea but they're not into that type of thing, and for myself cash isn't a huge problem.

8. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I'm going to start my shopping December 5th which is the day after I finish classes. Plus, I expect to have my credit card with my $500.00 limit by then so that should really help me out. Just knowing that I need to purchase gifts for 5 people, if not more, worries me just a bit hee.

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Well all I know is for my relatives we have a limit nothing over 20 bucks unless you want to (as some can't afford it) this year I think I am taking my brothers approach, give money lol and a nice card that says something nice on it.

Sometimes Gift cards for certain items work. If you are unsure of what CD's the person would need get them a gift card for CD's, this way they will be able to get what they want.

Also sometimes its the little things that they like that are good heck I have one relative that loves the Lipton herbal tea's their about $2.50 a box get them some of that and let see one that likes the candy Chocolate turtles, bout $5.00 for that, as for the kids lol money they really like that. All I am saying is that if you try to figure out "What do they want" you might find your self scratching your head and saying "Crap".

Instead watch them, listen to them, sometimes its just the little things that makes them happy, My mom all she ever wanted was flowers or collectables she loved them, my sibs would get her cookware and towels, where as dad and I would get her something like a nicknack with say 2 carnations or roses in it, or a clock set that you can put live flowers in. It set cost about 20.00 bucks and dad got the flowers.

There are scented candles, small gift baskets with soaps and candles and such in it, top it off you can make the baskets yourself all you need is the basket, some fake grass or whatever you want in the bottom, then some ribbon, decorate it. Put the stuff in and done, about 20.00 for the whole thing. -- If they like Jewerly there are kits out there you can get that lets them make Jewerly they like or the type that they can put on their clothing.

Thing is you can take alot of small things (pens/pencils, art supplies, tea's, soaps, candles, jewerly, journel, ect) and make a basket its works. Top it off you don't have to be artistic to make the baskets. A mix basket of small things really can't go wrong.

10. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I know what I'm getting one of those friends. Would a gift card to a restaurant be an ok gift, because that's what I was thinking. I know what kind of foods she loves so i was thinking to a good restaurant.

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Yeah it would be good, as long as its something she likes thats all that matters its all about the fact that you thought about it and came to this decision.

12. calleighdelko

calleighdelko Lab Technician

thanks you have all given me some great ideas now i have to go shopping :( i hate shopping