voice double csi cast

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by major_csi_fan, Jan 14, 2008.

1. major_csi_fan

major_csi_fan Witness

I am just wondering about csi voice doubles i know cathrine has one what purpose are they for and what reason i can only think if they need to alter lines or sumthing and does any other cast members have 1 and how often r they used

thanks

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I know that some other people voiced Catherine and Sara's voices in a CSI game for the PC, but I haven't heard about that for the television episodes. One possibility is that something caused the on-set sound to be garbled. Maybe it was a bad microphone or background sound like a passing airplane or train. Or maybe Marg had laryngitis. If the actor was unavailable for the dubbing in a studio, the producers might have gotten a voice double. It would help to know where you heard or read about the voice double to find the whole story behind it.

3. major_csi_fan

major_csi_fan Witness

just various sites and by dubbing do u mean other lanuages?

4. ashleycsi

ashleycsi Victim

i know they obviously use them for csi in other languages

5. ren4e

ren4e Prime Suspect

in Bulgaria the people that read the tranclated episodes are nothing like doubles! sometimes thay have nothing common with the originals :) for example the same guy that is used for grissom, is the same for Ben Linus in Lost! so different characters but with the same voice! :D it's very stupid :)

6. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

the German dubbing isn't very good either. There are only so many voices to use for a certain character group, so they are use the same voices in different series.
    Which is very confusing, when you are

1. used to the original voices. In the German dubbing I keep mixing up Nick with Greg and Sara with Catherine because their voices aren't that distinguishable.
    2. watching different primetime series, because chances are that any voice will be used on more than one series. For example, Greg has the same voice as McGee on NCIS.

This is one of the main reasons why I watch the originals (apart from the one season delay in Germany...)

7. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

8. ren4e

ren4e Prime Suspect

yes, the same :( at least in germany the dubbings are the only noise. here u can hear the original voices+the new ones! it's a mess! somethimes u can't hear a thing! and also the translation is sooo short. the originals are the best :D

9. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I find it to funny watching those clips in different languages, hearing the characters I know so well different voices come out of them that totally do not fit. :lol:

10. NZGirly

NZGirly Police Officer

Haha I know aye!! I watched CSI in Spanish before! It was really weird!!! I had absolutely no idea what they were saying let alone who was talking!

But to answer the question, I haven't heard of the CSI cast having a voice double. I know they did use one for Sara and Catherine in the game but appart from that I don't think they use voice doubles in there shows. Well I haven't noticed it before

11. ren4e

ren4e Prime Suspect

aaa :) in the game - Hard evidences i replay the last case with grissom about 4 time just to hear his voice :D hahaha 'Need a hint?'