Video Games that Traumatized You

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Exit 8A, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Exit 8A

Exit 8A Pathologist

After seeing the "Movies that Traumatized You" thread, I decided to come up with this thread, more like a "Games that Traumatized You" thread. However, while the "Movies" thread talks about scary movies, the "Games" thread talks more about games that suck so much ass you can't believe you wasted your time playing it. I'll start this list here:

1. Wayne Gretzky Hockey(NES): A game that sucks so bad that I personally decided to do my own review of the game, a la the Angry Video Game Nerd. (Warning: Foul language in this review.)

2. Any NES/SNES game made by LJN. If you wonder why most video games based on movies or comic books suck, you can blame LJN, who have made a ton of horrendous games based on movie franchises. (i.e. Friday the 13th, The Karate Kid, Back To The Future, Jaws, Beetlejuice, and the list keeps on going)

2. Luveykat

Luveykat Police Officer

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I was traumatized by the ending of the main quest of The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion. He didn't have to die *followed by various curses*!

Also, Neverwinter Nights 2, the ending royally sucked!

3. LemonJelly06

LemonJelly06 Lab Technician

Max Payne. I remember watching my brother playing it, and there's a scene where you get drugged, and when you wake up you're in a black room, there's screaming everywhere and bloody footprints you have to follow, scared the crep outta me, I was a lot younger. :D

4. Alien_from_mars

Alien_from_mars Prime Suspect

I cant really think of any bad games I have played. I play mostly adventure games, which always have a nice happy ending lol.
    Probably playing one of the rugrats games, that was really rubbish. And silent hill..thats just scary so I havent been able to finish that lol

5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Sims 2 Pets for the DS was just horrible. I love the Sims so I thought this would be fun...but in the end it's hard to control and te sim is boring in what they do. Wouldn't recommend buying this go for the computer game version.

6. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

So we're talking about games that really suck???
    oh well... first I think about... how was that game called again... oh yes I remember: It was called "Team Factor". I never played it myself but I saw it when I was at a friend. This game seemed to be unfinished and the enemies with their artificial intelligence... oh no... just horrible :mad:

7. althea

althea Lab Technician

I've always been a huge game fan from the pacman phase I suppose one game I actually liked and I don't know if anyone else heard of it or played it was called Contra I thought it was really good I loved it but when the new generation of games came along I realized what a fools paradise I had been living in. Graphics and player wise games are close to being real. On another subject in last year I finally played Half-life AWESOME right? I finished it but I have never completely felt very proud of myself for it because the episode in Ravensholm :eek: scared the crap out of me and I never finished that stage my friend bless his heart finished it for me! He came over to my house for days on end just to finish it so I could move on :lol:

8. Exit 8A

Exit 8A Pathologist

But Contra doesn't suck. It was great then, and it is still great now.

Hmm, maybe I should have titled this thread as "Games That Suck"