Vegas, Miami or New York? What your favorite says about you!

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by iluvEricSzmanda, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

So I was reading USA Weekend and I found a really fascinating article about what fans of all 3 shows tend to be like.

If you've ever raced through traffic, flung open the front door and hurdled the couch, all in an effort to catch the opening credits of your favorite TV crime drama, you are not alone. But did you know that which one you rush home for says something about you?

This is especially true when it comes to the biggest TV franchises around -- "CSI" and "Law & Order." Although there are six incarnations between them, most viewers tend to gravitate toward just one of these series. "I've found that people rarely say, 'I love two of the three shows,' " says CSI creator Anthony Zuiker. "They say, 'I love Vegas!' Or, 'Miami's my favorite!' "

Fans can become fairly proprietary about their favorites. "People naturally gravitate toward certain things and are turned off by others," says sociologist Pepper Schwartz, best-selling author of "Finding Your Perfect Match." "I'm sure that's why they created so many versions of these shows. They were thinking, 'Who are we not catching with this?' "

So, if you do have a season pass to "SVU" or a hankering for Horatio -- in the words of "CSI's" theme song -- 'Who are you?' Well, we have a few answers. Read on.

"CSI" = The Voyeurs

"Most crime-show fans are analytical types," says John Gray, author of "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" (and a "CSI" diehard). "CSI works so well because analytical types also like to be voyeurs. They're too afraid to get involved sometimes. With this show, you get to be a voyeur in a really hot and exciting part of life -- Las Vegas." Plus, says Match.com personality expert Kristin Kelly, "These fans also have a secret dark side, so they're attracted to mysterious, with-a-past types."

"CSI: Miami" = The Social Butterflies

Either you're a drama queen who stands ready to invoke one of Horatio's perp-stinging zingers should the Starbucks girl short you on the foam, or you're fascinated by them. "This show is high on the drama," Gray says. And because Miami dabbles more into the personal lives of the investigators, he adds, "Your social types would probably be more into the Miami one. Everything is interaction and personal feeling reactions to things." Not to mention, given that "CSI" creator Zuiker describes this as the one with "a sense of sexiness and hot bodies and great nightlife," you probably don't mind a little eye candy.

"CSI: New York" = The Sophisticates

Like all three "CSI" series, the New York version follows the flavor of its city, which Zuiker describes as having "a level of sophistication and seriousness." And, according to Gray, these fans are "more hard-core. It is New York. And they are more realistic, more street smart and less idealistic." Says Kelly: "CSI: New York fans tend to be a bit darker, a bit grittier. They may often feel like the weight of the world is on their shoulders and be a bit more private or closed off."

The rest of the article HERE!

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

This is a very interesting article, but I'm afraid someone else has already opened a thread about it (including a poll) here. So I'm going to close this thread. If anybody wants to discuss this article, they can head over to the other thread to do so. :D

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.