Update Added Regarding Cibrian's Departure

CSI Files

Captain
CSI Files previously reported that Eddie Cibrian (Jesse Cardoza) would be leaving the cast of CSI: Miami in season nine after CBS chose not to pick up the actor’s contract. We then posted further details about Jesse’s fate on the show, but E! Online has updated their information to reflect a more uncertain future for [...]

More...

Here's to hoping they decide not to kill him off and instead simply have the character leave/move. I think leaving the character open-ended would be way more satisfactory.

Last edited:
Have him get the SOB who killed his wife first. a "I finished what I came to do, time to go" ending is a bit unusual for a cop show, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

Eh, I can still see them killing him off. The cliffhanger in the season finale provided a perfect opportunity for that to happen, and I wouldn't be surprised if they took the easy way out and let him die. Nothing is final, certainly, but I think I'd be a little surprised if they decided to have him exit alive.

^^
I agree with silentdisco. I can see the writers and TPTB using the cliffhanger as the perfect out.

Good grief I hope not. Killing him from this "poison thing" is too unbelievable, imo. If it solely affected him then ok, but to have a strong healthy man keel over while people like Calleigh 'knockin on death's door' Duquesne get's up completely unharmed is just .....stupid. Sorry, I have no better word for it.

If 'killing' is the answer (*I'd prefer it not to be) then I'd rather see Enright be back in the premiere as the B-case & have the face-off they'd talked about earlier in the season and he kills Jesse.

* I'd much rather just see Jesse get his revenge & Horatio let him walk. Jesse only came back to Miami because of Anna & Enright -- it would make sense for him to go back to LA once he's fullfilled his agenda (err, revenge).

^^
Who's to say he was strong and healthy ? Appearences can be deceiving. All that would be needed is some unknown pre- existing condition that becomes lethal because of the poison thing.
I'd much rather just see Jesse get his revenge & Horatio let him walk. Jesse only came back to Miami because of Anna & Enright -- it would make sense for him to go back to LA once he's fullfilled his agenda (err, revenge).
I would prefer this too and given that Jesse has lived with his wife's death for several years, I could see him getting revenge.

Back