Twin Towers in "Personal Foul"?

Hi,

Could somebody confirm something for me because it's driving me crazy. My friend said something about a very, very big mistake in the latest ep, Personal Foul. She is adamant that the aerial shot of Manhattan, thats at the beginning of the ep has the Twin Towers of the WTC in it. I don't think she is right, but I'm not sure. Can somebody confirm or deny this? The shot is by 6:55.

I checked my tape, and I believe it might be. It's right after Danny, Lindsay and Flack are at the dead basketball player's seat and find the blood, in that montage of stock footage. Maybe someone with screencaps can clear it up for us for sure.

If it is the Twin Towers, I'm very surprised that stock footage with the WTC in it is still available for use.

I checked my tape, and I believe it might be. It's right after Danny, Lindsay and Flack are at the dead basketball player's seat and find the blood, in that montage of stock footage. Maybe someone with screencaps can clear it up for us for sure.

If it is the Twin Towers, I'm very surprised that stock footage with the WTC in it is still available for use.

I'd be doubly surprised. Smiler, my friend said that the buildings look unfinished because the antennae at the top is missing. And there is scaffolding around the adjacent building along with a construction crane. If it is the WTC, that footage must be extremely old.

Fire

Having looked and compared with some New York skyline shots, I'd say no. In the clip in the episode, there are buildings around the two towers I believe are being referred to that are not far off equal in height. None of the reference shots I looked at had a building near as tall as the WTC in them. Also, the antennae on the roof are missing.

I suspect that the WTC wasn't the only pair of buildings in NYC, just the most famous...

ETA:

vlcsnap-26957.png

Building with triangular windows on the left is the Hearst Tower. Given the address, a safe assumption is that the 'twin towers' here are the Time Warner Center.

Last edited:
Having looked and compared with some New York skyline shots, I'd say no. In the clip in the episode, there are buildings around the two towers I believe are being referred to that are not far off equal in height. None of the reference shots I looked at had a building near as tall as the WTC in them. Also, the antennae on the roof are missing.

I suspect that the WTC wasn't the only pair of buildings in NYC, just the most famous...

ETA:

vlcsnap-26957.png

Building with triangular windows on the left is the Hearst Tower. Given the address, a safe assumption is that the 'twin towers' here are the Time Warner Center.

Thanks for that info. That's interesting. Here's a blurb about the TWC from Wikipedia. Not the best source, but I'm too lazy right now to go elsewhere.

The Time Warner Center was the first major building to be completed in Manhattan after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, although it was already under construction in 2001. While some New Yorkers noted the uncanny resemblance of the Time Warner Center to the fallen Twin Towers, the building's developer disclaimed to the press any intentional similarity.[4]

Thanks for that info. That's interesting. Here's a blurb about the TWC from Wikipedia. Not the best source, but I'm too lazy right now to go elsewhere.

The Time Warner Center was the first major building to be completed in Manhattan after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, although it was already under construction in 2001. While some New Yorkers noted the uncanny resemblance of the Time Warner Center to the fallen Twin Towers, the building's developer disclaimed to the press any intentional similarity.[4]

No problem. I was bored. I like flexing my Google-fu. And I couldn't be bothered to watch the Yankees get hammered into the ground by the Tigers no more. :eek:

Interestingly enough, the building I chose as point of reference, Hearst Tower - unique architecture - was the first skyscraper to break ground after 9/11.

So that's what those buildings are. I've seen them before in the CSI NY stock footage and thought they were the Towers, and been like :wtf:. They do look very similar! Thanks for the info.

To be honest when I saw the pic night I didnt think it was the twin towers because:
1. There is no 'spike' on one of them
2. CSINY didnt start filming untill aftre 9/11 so i dont see why they have or use tapes from pre9/11 lol

Wow, thanks for the clarification. When I first ventured over here, I thought :wtf: that's weird. There is quite an errie resemblance, though I knew right away by looking at the picture that it wasn't them. They looked kind of small to be 110 storeys. :eek:

^^ Haha, I was just like 'it's two buildings--maybe?' :lol: I never really paid much attention to the NY skyline. :p

Back