TV Viewers Test Their "CSI: Q"

From CBS:

Live Text-Messaging Game Invites Audience to Analyze and Predict Outcome of "CSI: NY" Episodes for Chance to Win $10,000

Interactive Text-Messaging Games Move from Reality and Game Shows to Top-Rated Drama Series

Starting Wednesday, Nov. 1, viewers of CBS's hit drama CSI: NY can use their mobile phone to play "CSI: Q," an interactive, live text-messaging game in which audiences test their crime-solving skills by predicting the outcome of the episode, with an eye on winning $10,000. This marks the first time that CBS has applied an interactive text messaging component, previously used on reality programs and game shows, to one of its prime time dramas.

CSI creator and CSI: NY executive producer Anthony Zuiker, who also created the CSI board game, Senses, came up with the idea for "CSI: Q" and is formulating the questions.

"'CSI: Q' invites viewers to watch CSI: NY in a very interactive fashion with a level of game play to track the 'criminal,' 'science,' and 'intent' (motive) of the story," said Zuiker. "Our goal is to use the mobile phone in an unprecedented fashion to drive viewership back to the television while at the same time enhancing the viewing experience for the CSI fan."

During the CSI: NY episodes being broadcast on CBS on Nov. 1, Nov. 8 and Nov. 15, an on-air promo will run with one question that asks viewers to predict what will happen at the end of that night's episode. Viewers will send their responses via text message to 38383 and will be entered into the drawing to win the weekly prize of $10,000. Additionally, viewers can enter for free by going to the CSI: NY site through CBS.com (where the Official Rules are also posted).

Each weekly winner will be announced on-air during the following week's episode of CSI: NY. The questions will differ for the Eastern, Pacific and Hawaiian time zones.

oooo!!! ya know what, they do that kinda thing over her in the UK on channel 5.. they give you a question at the start of CSI:Miami about something that happens in the episode, and at the end of CSI:NY they tell you who won, and the correct answer. you stand to win £10,000 if you are chosen :D its great!!! i wonder if any one on here will win...??? good luck to you all who choose to enter :D

That's kinda cool, I like the idea. Now if one of the lucky fans from this board wins anything, please share! :lol:

OH THANK GOD!! You can't understand how happy I am to see that they're taking into consideration Hawaiian time zone 'cause most people don't. Hmmmmm I don't know anyone who watches NY in Hawaii... maybe I stand a chance! :D

Ya know I entered my submission by text message and I got a response to "reply with Y" to confirm and wen I did I got another message that my response wasn't understood and to "reply with Y". This happened 3 or 4 times. At the end of the message it said there was a $0.99 charge for every entry. I won't get charged for every time I replied with "Y" since it was due to an error will I?

^ I wondered the same thing, actually. I had a similar experience. I received a message saying my response wasn't understood. I was like, "What the hell? How can you not understand a response that simply consists of one number, exactly as instructed?" :confused: I hit reply with the exact same response, but then wondered if I'd just been charged twice. No idea.

I did like that if you text your answer, you receive a confirming message letting you know you're correct. While if you enter online, you have to wait until the crime is solved to find out.

Ah living in the UK sucks. We get none of this cool stuff

MrsGiovinazzo said:
^ I wondered the same thing, actually. I had a similar experience. I received a message saying my response wasn't understood. I was like, "What the hell? How can you not understand a response that simply consists of one number, exactly as instructed?" :confused: I hit reply with the exact same response, but then wondered if I'd just been charged twice. No idea.

I did like that if you text your answer, you receive a confirming message letting you know you're correct. While if you enter online, you have to wait until the crime is solved to find out.

*whew* Well I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who had this problem. I'll have to go over my next cell statement carefully to make sure I wasn't quintuple charged. LoL

I did it and I got nothing like that. I replied with the number and I was correct! This is what it said:

"Correct! U earned 3entries! $.99/vote.Vote up 2 10x.Other chgs may apply.Cbs.com.Tune in CSI: NY next week winner announced on air!Rply STOP to end."

The funny thing is I don't understand a thing of this. I cannot STAND text messages like this. But I have a funny story behind my entry. I saw the promo for this and decided to do it, and wrote down what numbers to text in on my hand. I had also wrote down "Go with 2" underneath it. When it came time to vote, I was looking at my hand the whole time after the pictures of the 'suspects' were shown. I thought of what I had written and went with it. I had a random guess on my hand and knowing my random guesses, it was probably wrong. Nope! I was right!! I was so surprised. I went psycho at what I had done, I called both of my aunts. One of my cousins answered the phone for my second aunt and looked on the CSI: NY website for the info on the CSI: Q. He told me that the money would go to the name of the person of whoever the phone was registered in. (I said some bad words here, because my dad's paying for my phone.) He doesn't even know I did that!

^ That's what happened to me and I couldn't understand what it meant. Except I got mines wrong. Anyways, I went and actually read the rules a million times before I finally understood what it meant. If you get it right, it's 3 entries in a drawing. If you get it wrong, it's only one. You can text an answer up to 10 times. You do get billed each time you text. Let me know if you still don't understand.

szmandatogoholic said:
I did it and I got nothing like that. I replied with the number and I was correct! This is what it said:

"Correct! U earned 3entries! $.99/vote.Vote up 2 10x.Other chgs may apply.Cbs.com.Tune in CSI: NY next week winner announced on air!Rply STOP to end."

Well heck! I never got a response like that and I knew the right answer and everything! Man I had better have gotten my entries. LoL I'm with Mrs.G though regarding not understanding how a one character reply could be misunderstood.

I got the ? right and I was trying to apply to win, but I can't seem where to find it. Can you help me out?

I am apparently very good at this. All three times this has gone on I did it, and all three times I got the right answer, lol. Itsaid the same thing, but when I got the text msg tonight, it was a duplicate. (Probably so many people texting in at the same time.)

Gotta go, I'm about to go to bed.

~Neelie~

Back