True Feelings - My First Fic. *Smacked.*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Stepherweps, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Disclaimer: All characters belong to CBS, I'm just borrowing them for my story.

This is my first fic, R&R.

---------------------------------------------------

True Feelings.

For a long time, both Mac and Stella had been trying to come to terms with the fact that they had feelings for one and other which went way beyond that of a friendship. Both of them wanted to act on these feelings, but were afraid the other didn’t feel the same way, so for a long time, they tried to keep these feelings bottled up, and carried on acting like best friends. Stella had tried to flirt with Mac a few times, touching his cheek, hugs and kisses when something went well for one of them. Mac however, remained oblivious, he thought; it was just Stella being Stella... Therefore, he remained afraid of showing her his true feelings, this led to Stella thinking that he didn’t feel the same way.

One afternoon in November, Mac received an e-mail informing him of the annual department ball, normally, he didn’t go to department social events, but he knew Stella loved such events, and seen this as the perfect opportunity for him to ask her out. He would ask her in a way that could be seen as friendly or him asking her on a date, that way, she wouldn’t feel pressured if her feelings for him weren’t the same as his for her. Just then Stella entered Mac’s office, she came over, and sat on the edge of his desk, her usual spot, she was the only person who’d ever get away with sitting on Mac Taylor’s desk. “Have you heard about this department ball?” she asked. “Yes Mac replied, I’m not usually into these sorts of things, but I know you love them... So I was wondering... Would you like to go with me Stella?” “You mean, like on a date?” “No... Well... Yes... I mean only if you want to... But if you’d rather go as best friends that would be ok too...” Mac mumbled, going slightly red. Stella giggled as he continued to mumble, getting redder by the minute, she walked over and put her finger to his lips, “Mac, I’d love to go with you as a date.” His face lit up, “Really Stella, you would? It’s taken me a long time to pluck up the courage to ask you something like this... I thought the ball would be the perfect opportunity... I’ve had feelings for you for a long time now Stella...” “Well, if we’re being honest with each other, I have feelings for you too, that go beyond a friendship. But I was always too scared to act on them in case you didn’t feel the same way... I didn’t want to ruin our friendship... But I’m glad you asked me Mac, now it’s all out in the open, it feels good.” “You’re right it does...” he replied. “Well Mac, the ball is next Saturday, and I have nothing to wear, I think we should go shopping before, so I can get a new dress.” “We? Why do I have to come, I’ve got a tux already...” “I know, but I want your expert opinion on my dress, besides, I need to get something to match your tux, you’re not getting off that easily.” She laughed sticking tongue out at him childishly. “But Stella...” he groaned... “No buts, we’re going shopping, after shift today... I’ll meet you here at 4:30.” She replied, jumping down from his desk; kiss his cheek, and leaving before he could argue further.

The next chapter should be up sometime in the next couple of days.

2. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

*Grins evilly* I read this for the second time and I still love it. Between, I wonder what their ball would be like.. Sounds very nice. *Drifts off to my day dreams*. They would hold on to each other dancing to slow music.. ohhhh :adore:

3. AnJella

AnJella CSI Level One

Aww Steph! Great job! I'm looking so forward to the ball ...:) :bolian:

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Good start hon, cant wait to see how you write it :)

5. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Great start, love Shy/Embarrassed Mac, so cute. Can't wait for the ball.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Very nice; love nervous Mac... he's just cute. :lol: Can't wait to read more. :)

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

mmm love it :)

8. shell_kikii

shell_kikii Lab Technician

Nice start, steph! Looking forward to the ball! :)

9. Stepherweps

Disclaimer: I own nothing, all characters belong to CBS, I’m just borrowing them.

Thanks to everyone who R&R, your sweet words mean a lot, so keep them coming please. :D Thanks.

Well, here’s chapter 2, enjoy.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    4:30 that afternoon.

“Ok Mac, it’s 4:30, time to hit the stores!” Stella exclaimed bounding into Mac’s office, pulling him out of his chair. “But Stell, do we really have to?” Mac asked. “Yes, you promised, and remember you love me, therefore you do whatever I want to keep me happy...” She giggled sticking her tongue out at him. “Yes dear, I love you, but I hate shopping... Do I really have to come? Can’t you take Lindsay? She’d be a much better shopping partner than me...” “No, I need someone to carry my bags, plus we need to co-ordinate what we’re going to wear...” “Fine!” Mac gave in, “But you had better make it up to me somehow.” “Oh I can think of a few ways...” “Oh, I like the sound of that...” “Good, but later, first off we hit the stores... Now come on!” She said grabbing his hand and dragging him towards the elevator.

“Why can’t I find a spectacular dress any where?” Stella rambled, “I was thinking of something flowing and red, maybe backless and floor length...” “Well Hun, you know my opinion is that you’d look good in anything... I’ve loved all of the ones you’ve tried on already. Hmm, if you want my opinion. I think green would look good on you too. How about this one?” He asked picking up a beautiful emerald green, halter necked, backless ball gown. “Wow, that really is beautiful, I never knew you’d be such a great shopping partner.” She replied smiling at him. “Thanks for putting up with me. I know you hate shopping, and I’ve dragged you into so many stores... I really am sorry.” “That’s ok dear, I know what this means to you, you just want to find the perfect dress.” He replied, just as she spotted another dress she liked. “Oh I also love this red one, it’s exactly what I’d pictured, the beaded bodice is beautiful... What do you think?” “Well Hun, like I said, you’d look beautiful in anything, but that is a nice dress. Do you wanna try it on too?” “Yeah... I love both of these, I’m going to try them on, but I think these will be the final 2, I promise.” “Ok dear, whatever you think. Go try them on, don’t forget to come and wow me.” Mac replied, giving her one of his special smiles which he reserved for her. “Thanks again for putting up with this.” She replied, kissing him on the cheek before going to try on the dresses.

Firstly she came out wearing the green one, she looked stunning, green was definitely her colour. Mac’s jaw dropped when he saw her. “I take it you like?” She giggled. “You look... Wow... Gorgeous...” “Wow, the great Mac Taylor has been rendered speechless, it must look good.” She giggled. “Oh trust me, if does!” “I really like it too. You have great taste. Ok, I’m just going to try on the other one...” She replied disappearing back into the changing rooms, leaving Mac alone with his thought. “If she buys that dress, I will never be able to keep my hand off her. No other man will be coming within a six foot radius of her...” Mac thought to himself. Just then Stella came back, wearing the red dress. “Wow, once again you look gorgeous Hun, red suits you too. What do you think?” “Well, I like it, but like you, I prefer the green one... Ok, yeah, the green one is the one. You’ll be happy to know the decision has been made...” “Finally, I thought we’d never get out here.” Mac laughed. “Hmmm... Maybe I’ll try on that purple gown... It looked good too...” She teased. “No Hun, I think the green one is perfect... Plus, it’s almost closing time, I don’t think we’d have time.” Mac argued getting worried that she wanted to try on something else. “Don’t worry dear, I was just teasing, I’m definitely going to get the green one, it looks gorgeous, and after all, it left you speechless, so there must be something right with it.” She laughed. “Well like I said, you always look beautiful, but there was something special about that dress. Now go and get changed, give me the dress, I’ll go and pay.” “No way Mac, it’s much too expensive!” “I insist! After all, it was me who invited you, and who found the dress, plus, I want to buy it for you. I saw how happy it made you.” “No, Mac, I can’t accept it.” “Stella, like I said, I insist... Besides, you know how stubborn I can be, I’m not going to give in on this one, so there’s no point in arguing...” “Fine...” She replied, handing the dress over. “Have I told you how much I love you Mac?” “Well, it’ll never get old, so one more won’t hurt...” “Mac Taylor, I love you, thank you so much, you’re the best boyfriend ever!!” She replied, throwing her arms around him, and kissing him passionately. When the need for air had arisen, they parted. “Well that was nice, and for the record, I love you too Stella. Well dear, you can go and get changed, while I go pay for this.” “Thanks again Mac, you really are the best.” She replied, before kissing him on the cheek and returning to the changing rooms.

“How does dinner at my place sound?” Mac asked. “That sounds great, but don’t you think it’s a little late?” “Well, it’s only 9, but I mean you could stay if you wanted... Only if you want of course, I don’t want things moving too quickly for you... After all, we’ve only been dating for a few hours...” “I know Mac, but I’ve known you for years, I know you’d never push me into anything, you’re the perfect gentleman. I’d love to stay, if that’s ok for with you of course.” Mac’s face lit up at this. “Of course it’s ok. We’ll have dinner, then we can chat, or watch a movie, or just go to bed, whatever you want, you can dictate the pace of this Stella.” “Thank you, I trust you with my life, more than anyone else in the world. I know you’d never made me do anything I didn’t want to. But first off, dinner, what are we having?” She asked as they arrived at his apartment. “I was thinking Spaghetti Bolognese, how’s that sound?” “Delicious, one of my favourites, can I do anything to help?” “No, I’ve got it all under control.” He replied, handing her a glass of wine, “Go watch some tv, I’ll call you when I’m done.”

“Stella, it’s ready.” Mac called from the dining room. “Wow, this looks delicious, and you’ve set the table with candles. You are so sweet.” “Well, I wanted to make our first date special.” He replied. “You’re spoiling me Mac, first the dress, now this.” “You’re worth it. Come on, try the food.” She took a bite, “Wow Mac, this is gorgeous, the best I’ve ever tasted, I never knew you were such a great cook.” “One of my hidden talents, which very few people know about.” He laughed. “Well you do know, I’m never cooking again, right?” She teased. “Well I’d be happy to cook for you my dear.” Before long they had lost track on time, and were deep in conversation. Just then Stella looked at her watch. “Gosh Mac, it’s almost midnight, I think it’s time we were heading to bed, seeing as we both have work at 7:30 in the morning.” “Sounds good to me.” “Oh man...” “What the matter?” “I have nothing to wear in bed...” “Don’t worry my dear, you can wear one of my t-shirts. You know where they are, right?” “Yeah... Thanks so much Mac, you’re wonderful.” She replied kissing him on the cheek. “That’s ok, you can go get one, I’ll clear all the dishes away, and I’ll meet you in bed.” “Ok, don’t be too long dear.” “I won’t.” He replied kissing her. Before they knew it, they were both in bed. “Goodnight Mac, thank you for a great first date, thank you for dinner, and even more for the beautiful dress.” “Oh it’s nothing dear, I’m glad you enjoyed your day.” “I really did, thanks for putting up with me shopping too.” She laughed. “It’s ok, just as long as I don’t have to do again anytime soon.” He laughed. She slapped him softly on the arm, laughing too. “Goodnight Mac, I love you.” “Love you too Stella, now get some sleep, we have an early start in the morning.” He replied kissing her softly, after which she snuggled up to him, and he held her close. For the first time in a long time, both fell asleep quickly and slept soundly.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Aww... love it... especially the last part. :)

11. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^I agree, great last part :)

12. shell_kikii

shell_kikii Lab Technician

Mac cooked for Stella on their first date. That so sweet! :adore:

13. AnJella

AnJella CSI Level One

Great job! I loved them in the store and on their date =).:adore:

14. Stepherweps

Aww, thanks so much for all of your sweet feedback, I'm really glad you're enjoying it :D The next chapter should be up in the next couple of days. :D

15. Stepherweps

Disclaimer: I still own nothing, all belongs to CBS, I’m just borrowing them.

Thanks again to all of the wonderful people who have left me feedback, it means a lot. Well, without further ado, here’s the next chapter. Hope you enjoy it. Please R&R.

Thanks, Steph.

------------------------------

Chapter 3.

6:30 the next morning.

*Bzzz Bzzz Bzzz* Mac was awoken by the loud ringing of his alarm clock. Quickly he turned it off, and got out of bed carefully, so he wouldn’t wake Stella. He decided that he’d get up first, have a shower, get dressed and make her breakfast in bed. About 15 minutes later he was in the kitchen making waffles, when Stella crept up behind him and put her arms around his waist.

“Good morning Handsome, why didn’t you wake me?” She asked, giving him a kiss on the cheek. “Well,” he replied, turning around, holding her in a hug, kissing the top of her head. “I was going to make you breakfast in bed, but it looks like you’ve just ruined that idea.” “Aww, I’m sorry, anything I can do to help?” “Nope, everything in under control, but I’ll be about 10 more minutes, so I guess you could go have your shower while I finish up here.” “Ok, sounds good to me. I’ll not be long.” She replied, walking towards the bathroom.

“Stella,” Mac called after her. “For the record, you look gorgeous in my shirts... I think you should wear them more often.” She giggled, “Well thank you Det. Taylor, I might just have to take you up on that offer. Oh, and you look extremely handsome when you’ve got your shirt off.” She winked, walking away.

“Wow Mac, these waffles are delicious!! I think I told you last night, but you are an awesome cook. I might just have to stay over more often, if I get such good food cooked for me.” She said, with a cheeky smile eating her waffles. “Oh, I wouldn’t mind that, if all I have to do is cook for you. Well actually... I think I might like another kind or reward too...” “Oh, you mean like this?” She asked, kissing him softly. “Mmm, well that’s one way.” He laughed. “One way, that I enjoy very much...” “Glad to hear it. But seriously, these waffles are amazing.” “Anything to make you happy sweetheart.” He replied kissing her.

“Well I’d love to stay here and do this all day, but we’ve gotta be in work in 15 minutes...” “Damnit!” She replied, “I’d much rather stay here too, but I guess, the sooner we get there, the sooner we get home...” “Well, that’s one way to think about it. I’ve got another treat for you for tonight.” He replied, taking her hand as they walked to his car. “Oh really? What’s that?” “Not telling, then it wouldn’t be a surprise, would it?” He laughed. “Please, can I have a clue?” “A clue, sure... Don’t eat a big lunch...” “Oh, so you’re taking me to dinner?” “Maybe...” He replied trying to be mysterious. “You’ll find out later...” “Fine...” She replied, in a slight huff, not speaking to him the rest of the journey. “The silent treatment won’t work, you’ll just have to be patient.” He replied, taking her hand, helping her out of his SUV. “Ok, I’m sure it’ll be worth it.” She replied, walking into work hand in hand with him.

Later that day, all of the team, including Adam and Sid were in the break room. “Well guys, Stella and I have a little announcement to make.” Mac said. “Yeah... Yesterday, Mac asked me to the department ball...” “Oh my word... Are you 2 together? Like as in a couple?” Danny asked. “Well, I was getting to that...” She laughed. “Yes, he asked me to the ball, as his date, he confessed that he’d had feelings for me for a while now, and well, I’ve felt the same... So yeah, we’re together...” She replied seeing Mac beginning to turn a deep shade of red as she told the team about his confession. “Congratulations!” rang out from the rest of the team. “I knew it was only a matter of time Mac,” Don said “It was so obvious that you both had feelings for one and other, we were all rooting for you to get together. So congratulations. I really mean it. You’ll make a great couple.” “Thanks. Well that means you’ve all gotta keep your eyes off her.” Mac laughed, as he began to banter with the other guys.

Lindsay has just stopped screaming. “Ok, Lindsay, I think you just burst all of our eardrums...” Stella laughed as she hugged her friend. “Sorry, I’m just so happy for you. I told you that he had feelings for you like you did for him... I’m so excited that you’re together. When’s your first date?” “Well, actually, it was yesterday, he took me shopping, and bought me the most gorgeous ball gown you’ve ever seen, then he took me back to his place, and made me dinner. I stayed the night...” “Oooooh, Stella...” “No, no, no, it was nothing like that, he was the perfect gentleman, he made dinner for us both, by the way, he is an amazing chef, then we talked for hours. Then we went to bed, but nothing happened... Not on our first date!!” Stella giggled. “Aww, that sounds so romantic!!” Lindsay replied, “Where can I find a guy like that?” They both laughed.

“Ok, guys, I think that’s enough excitement for today, if everyone’s cases are closed, I think we could all leave on time for once... How does that sound?” “Who are you, and what have you done with Mac Taylor?” Danny asked laughing. “Looks like Stella’s having a good effect on you.” Hawkes replied. “Ok, can I have all the paperwork I need to sign on my desk in the next 5 minutes, I have places to go.” Mac stated. There was a muttering of “Ok boss, right away boss.” As everyone left the break room. “I have somewhere to be with a very lovely lady.” “Oh really? Who is she? Should I be jealous?” Stella asked teasingly. “Well, she’s got gorgeous curly hair, the most beautiful green eyes I’ve ever and she’s my date for the department ball...” “Oh, sounds like I have some competition...” She giggled. “Nah, competition is one thing you don’t have to worry about... I’ve got eyes for you, and you only...” “Aww, you’re so sweet, and likewise Mac, I’ve got eyes for only you, my one and only. My rock and life. I love you Mac.” “And I love you too Stella Bonasera.” He replied kissing her passionately.

“Wow, well that’s one thing I never thought I’d see, Mac kissing someone in the lab, I’d never have taken him to be one for public displays of affection...” Adam said. “Well, I think it’s just his way of telling everyone that Stella’s his...” Danny replied laughing. “Yeah, he wants to make sure we all know not to try anything on with her, if we wanna keep our jobs that is...” Don laughed. “Awww, look how cute they are!” Lindsay said as she joined the guys. Just then Mac and Stella broke apart, the rest of the team split, and went to leave their paperwork in Mac’s office.

“Ok Stella, well, I’ve gotta finish this paperwork, but your cars still here from yesterday isn’t it?” “Yeah it is... Why?” “Well, you can go home and get ready, I’ll pick you up at about 7 for our date... Is that ok?” “Sure. What shall I wear?” “Erm... Dressy, but casual... You’ll find out where we’re going soon enough.” He replied with a wink. “Ok, I had better get going if you want me to be ready for 7, that only gives me 2 hours to beautify myself.” “Stella hun, you always look gorgeous, you don’t need to do anything.” “Pffft, whatever you think my dear, but I wanna look my best for you. So I better go.” “Ok dear, see you later...” He replied returning to his paper work. “Ahem, aren’t you forgetting something?” She asked. “Huh?” He replied with a confused look. “My goodbye kiss...” “Oh, sorry dear, come here...” He replied, pulling her onto his lap, kissing her passionately. “Well, how was that?” “The best goodbye kiss ever, but now I’ve really gotta go or else we’ll be get in alot of trouble...” She giggled, kissing him on the cheek. “Bye, see you at 7.” “Bye, see you then my dear.” “Looking forward to it. Bye!” She replied, walking out of his office.