True Blood

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Deirdre, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Any fans of True Blood here?

I love this show right after first ep and now I can't wait for more. In Poland we have seventh ep so I'm not checking out anything about the first season of the show 'cause I don't want to spoil myself, lol.

2. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Some people at work had been talking about True Blood so I checked it out recently, and really liked this show. I think I watched the entire first season in just one week. :lol: But I've always been a fan of vampire stories and movies so it's not surprising really.

3. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

It's not hard to watch in one week when it has only 12 eps, lol.

I've never been a fan of vampire stuff so being so addicted to TB is surprising;) I read six books from Southern Vampire Series and now I can't wait to see Alan Ball's vision in the second season. I'm trying not to compare too much.

4. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

I haven't had a chance to read any of the books yet, but that is on my list of things to do. :)

I think the show is a lot about character development as much as it is about the vampires themselves. The vampires are definitely key characters, but not the only ones. They had some really great characters in the first season, and I am curious to see how they stand up to the books.

5. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Alan Ball is taking a lot from books but his vision is so different sometimes. It's cool but he made a lot of changes. General plot of the first season was really similiar to the first book "Dead Until Dark". He added or changed characters. But still I think the cast is one of the best things in this show - Anna Paquin as Sookie is for me just perfect, same with Stephen Moyer as Bill and Alexander Skarsgard as Eric, and yay for Kristin Bauer who is Pam - her character needs more love in the show than in books. I hope we'll see her development. Bill is soooo different than in books. I like Bill from the show 'cause the one from books is.... you need to read it;)

The biggest change I think is that Jason will be in The Fellowship Of the Sun. In books he wasn't. Second season will be based on the second book - Leaving Dead in Dallas, so we're gonna see Sookie and Bill there. But what about Sookie/Eric ship? lol.

6. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

Hello everyone! I think it's my first time visiting the General TV & Media section of the forum, and I hope it's not to bold to start hanging out here by creating a thread instead of chilling with you guys? :p

I noticed there was no True Blood thread and as I am a big fan of the show, I though it would be fun to see who else on TalkCSI watches True Blood and discuss about it! :D

LOGO Pic

The Season 3 is starting very soon and HBO is going to show reruns of S2 before the new season's premiere (this month or starting in April, can't remember, sorry). What are your expectations? Do you think Sookie will resist Eric without Bill nearby to stop him with his "evil doings"? :lol:

By the way, if you want to talk about the show VS the books, please put your text in the Spoiler brackets as not everyone has read the books or not all of them! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2010
  7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Since there was a thread for this show already I went ahead and merged the two threads together.

8. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

Weird I haven't seen the thread. I swear that I did search for it, though! Thanks for merging them! :)

9. hammer

hammer Dead on Arrival

True Blood is a very interesting show that can bring us innovation, when compared to other TV Shows of the same style. It combines comedy, mystery, gore, overall being a very entertaining series

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Re: Merging

No problem if you go to the top of this forum and click the search, a box comes down and you type in the show name and you get a list to look through, but if you still can't find it then create it, and if we do find it then we just do what we did here and merge it. :)

11. electra

electra Pathologist

I am a big fan of the show but I have only watched the first season.I heard many things change in the second season that I can not wait to see.

12. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I love the show. I watched the entire second season in one sitting. I'm not even kidding.

13. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I've seen every episode of this show and can't wait for the season 3 premier. I still can't believe that Stephen Moyer and Anna Paquin are married but I'll just have to deal with it. :)

14. ericandryanfan

ericandryanfan Hit and Run

OMG i love true blood!!!!! the second season is nearly finished in the u.k but i havent been able to watch it, but i can't wait for the DVD to come out!!!!! (17th may for anybody in u.k wanted to know)

15. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

like i tell all my friends, "TrueBlood" is for adults! its an awesome show and i love all the characters. but so far my all time favorite character is Eric Northman. i just love his attitude. Pam is cool also.

have any of you read the books? i just finished the latest installment and i can't wait to see where the writers of the show take it. i can't wait to see Alcide, that's going to be an interesting character.