Traveler

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by quickbeam_cw, May 30, 2007.

1. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

Hey all, here's the thread for the new show "Traveler" on ABC. It's a pretty fantastic show, in my opinion, and I hope you'll think so too. :D Here's the show description from the official website:

The show premieres tonight (May 30th) on ABC at 10/9c, and they are showing the first two episodes. I'd check your local listings, just to be sure. :)

I saw the pilot last night (it aired a day early here in Canada... there was also a 'sneak preview' on ABC a couple weeks ago), and I think this show has great potential to be something pretty special. So, hopefully you'll tune in tonight and be entertained!

2. Luveykat

Luveykat Police Officer

Yeah, I saw the sneak peak a few weeks ago too. It looked really good. If I remember I'll catch it tonight too.

It'll be interesting to see if Will really did frame them!

3. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

I watched the first two eps back-to-back last night. It was pretty good and I think it has the potential to be an interesting summer series IF it only last 'til August or so. If the network execs try to drag it on for a full season or longer, my guess is it will get stupid. It needs a coherent beginning (already had that), middle and end. . .and they don't need to be years apart!

4. quickbeam_cw

I agree, the concept of the show just isn't made to be multi-seasonal. It just can't last that long, Jay and Tyler can't just keep running and running and running forever. :lol:

If I'm not mistaken, they have 8 episodes...? And then that will be it, I think. I almost wish it could be longer than that, but I think it's better to have a small amount of good episodes rather than to drag it out forever until nobody watches anymore. :)

5. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

The original "The Fugitive" had Dr. Richard Kimble running for four years (120 episodes, plus a theatrical movie) and "The Incredible Hulk" had Dr. David Banner running for four years (87 episodes, plus several TV movies and animated series, and a theatrical movie). But those were mostly dramas with actual stories. The newer fugitive only lasted 12 episodes because it was mostly an action series like much of the garbage on TV these days. So the rest of you might be correct.

6. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

I'm so mad because they were supposed to show Traveler here, it was advertised and everything and then when I tuned in the channel, they didn't show it :mad: Terrestrial tv is so unreliable sometimes.

7. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

The third ep was pretty good. I thought the idea of the guys NOT dying their hair, but leaving an empty bottle of hair dye in their motel room once they knew the feds were closing in, was clever.
    The part where both the guys and the feds were in New Haven was a little odd, though, for two reasons:
    1.) Wouldn't there have been DOZENS of people on the Yale campus who could recogonize Jay and Tyler at a single glance?? Wouldn't campus security have been notified within minutes of their setting foot on the campus?
    2.) On the other hand, wouldn't there also have been DOZENS of people on the Yale campus who could testify to to Will Traveler's existance?? We know, for sure, of at least four people who interacted with Will on a regular basis; Jay, Tyler, Jay's girlfriend (gone blank on her name) and Nell (Tyler's ex-girlfriend). But, presumably, there were PLENTY of other people who came to the place where the three guys were living during the two years they shared a house and saw Will. So unless the federal government is assuming there's a conspiracy involving a signifcant percentage of the Yale student body, they'd have to accept the fact that Will at least exists, regardless of whether or not they think he has anything to do with the bombing.
    3.) Is Jay supposed to be half-Hispanic? He doesn't look it, but they mentioned his mother's name in the first ep and it was something along the lines of "Maria Gonzales" or some other Hispanic sounding name. Her last name wasn't the same as Jay's, so I suppose he could just have a Hispanic stepfather.

8. quickbeam_cw

That is an excellent point about how there should be piles of people who know Will exists, Islandgirl. Man, I have no idea why that never occurred to me. :lol: I guess I can take some comfort in the fact that the feds didn't think of it either. :p

I may have misunderstood this part, but Will faked his notes to look like Tyler's, right? They were his chemical engineering notes, right? But Tyler wasn't in chemical engineering, so wouldn't it seem strange for him to have a pile of CE notes? I mean, it doesn't prove his innocence, because you could find ways to explain it... but still. I would say "Hmmm, this is kind of fishy."

Despite those two things, I thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode. Each week I keep going "Oh man, this show really IS good!" :D

I'm also curious as to what records the university has on Will. Even if he didn't use the name "Will Traveler" there's gotta be some sort of record of his existence. There's just gotta be! *is hopeful*

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

ABC Axes Traveler
    This Wednesday and next, ABC's underappreciated Traveler presents its final two episodes — and, yes, we do mean final, as series creator David DiGilio details in his TVGuide.com celebrity blog update. "We have sadly reached the point where our show is most likely not coming back," he writes. "ABC has officially let our cast contracts lapse."
    Posted by Matt Webb Mitovich
    Jul 6, 2007 9:50 AM

Want to save Traveler? Then sign the Don't Cancel Traveler Petition

10. quickbeam_cw

Nooooooo!

At first, I was content with the 8 episodes of Traveler, thinking that if they planned the storyarc for those 8 episodes, it would wrap up quite nicely, and be a satisfying short series.

But now I see all the potential for a longer series... there's so many different storylines they could do, and I really wish we could explore them all. Although I must admit that I'm not completely, utterly obsessed with the show, each episode definitely puts me into flaily-fangirl mode. I don't want it to be cancelled. :(