TopGear- Best non-fictional programme out there!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by nattybatty55, Dec 2, 2007.

1. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ok I love it! It is originally a British programme so i'm not sure if it has aired in another country. It is actually a non-fictional programme but it is hilarious!! The hosts are Jerremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond (who is quite short and gets the mickey taken out of him)!

Here's a few clips of them in America which was the most hilarious episode that I have ever watched!! NOt sure if it if offensive to Americans really- it is for fun! :lol:

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4
    Part 5
    Part 6

part 6 shows you there reaction when they reach Louissiana!

So has anyone else seen it??

2. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

I love Top Gear it is absolutely AMAZING!
    That ep in America was legendary lol
    The banter between Jeremy James and richard is first class and the guests they get for "star in the reasonably priced car" are great!
    Loved it tonight aswell they had Lewis Hamilton on and richard had to drive a formula 1 car trust me it was hilarious!

3. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Damn! I forgot to watch today's episode!

I found it funny how the crossed the canal in those amfibian vehicles! And that trip in Africa! Thos cans stuck in the door!

It was a great peisode the one of in the US but not that great. I had more fun with that episode in Africa!

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Did you see the one when they went to the north pole I was crying with laughter when they were foing over the thin ice :lol:

5. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

I saw some scenes of it on you tube I guess.
    I have almost finished watching yesterday's episode! Those old cars! hihi "How do the brakes work" Hilarious. I wonder how much they had to pay for it if they crashed one of those!?!

6. shady

shady Hit and Run

Oh I love this show!!! I've watched it for years, I just love the banter! The american one was hilarious but my fave was the one where they went caravaning and their caravan caught fire and blew up!!

7. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^^ :lol: I remeber that one vagually! Can't remember the details but do remember that it was one funny episode :lol:

8. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

'We are the most northern people in the world right now, Well apart from Michael Parkinson obviously

I actually spit my drink out at that comment :lol:

I love Top Gear. My knowledge of cars is rather poor I don't know the first thing to look for when buying one but I never miss Top Gear it is amazing!

Did anyone see Lewis Hamilton do his lap on Sunday? I think if he had done it on a dry day he would have beat The Stigs time

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^^ Yep I can't wait untill he does it again in the summer!

Your not alone june I have no idea about cars but after watching TG I have learnt the odd thing! :D Well that when i'm not laughing :lol:

10. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

I loved the aquatic boats, and that Captain Slow (James May) was actually the one to win it. And the driving there was great - "Trees! Trees!"

That, and I loved the clip when Hamster (Richard Hammond) and Jerremy were standing near the speed camera waving and smiling, waiting for someone to speed so they could get their picture taken.

11. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I've never seen that speed camera ep, do you know if theres a clip on youtube?

12. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

I'll have to take a look. It won't be til tomorrow though, as my work blocks YouTube and I won't have time tonight. But the Speed Camera ep is available on the Challenges DVD, which is absolutely brilliant.

One that I do know is on YouTube is the Stig Challenge, where the guys have to build a kit car while the Stig drives to where they are. I cannot stop laughing when I see that one.

13. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

I <3 Top gear!
    Actually, I have more of a thing for Jeremy Clarkson(yes, I know haha) than the actual cars :S (But I don't tell my boyfriend that)

14. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

That whole challenge was filmed around and near to where I live and work.
    I was off work the day they were filming, and my then boyfriend came home to ask if I'd gone to Rudyard Lake to see them. Well I would have taken the 20 minute drive if someone had called me during his lunch break!

I loved the £10K Italian Supercar Challenge - just don't buy one :lol:

15. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Clarrisani is that the one where the Stig has to buy petrol and then gets 'arrested' !!!

Have you seen the one where they race across London...
    Richard- Cycling
    Jeremy- Boat
    James- Car
    Stig- Public transport

Hammond got there first but they petended that James had been there 10 minutes all ready to 'save' the show!!

Funny...NOthing to do with above
    Can you beat a speed camera? Yes!