Top Earning Dead Celebrities

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Desertwind, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Guess who's #1.. I was surprised :eek: so where is all this money going?

CLICK HERE

2. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I heatd abotu this a few days ago, I think Kurt Cobain is more deserving than Elvis. He was much more deserving than a lot of the other celebrities on the list.

3. allmaple

allmaple Judge

the only reason kurt cobain is on the list is because courney love was going bankrupt and sold his song copyrights and journals. still, that is a ton of money. knowing courtney shell find a way to burn through it in no time :lol: his was a one time thing (unless she sells the rest of his songs) whereas elvis' estate makes that much money every single year. ive always wished i was alive when elvis was around, i often think i was born in the wrong decade :lol:

4. Nirvana

Nirvana CSI Level One

Kurt deserves to be number 1. God i love this man.
    ^^^ What!? :eek: I never watch Miami but that is pretty cool.

5. Calihan

Calihan Captain

If I know what episodes the music will be in, I'll definitly let you know ahead of time.

6. Nirvana

Nirvana CSI Level One

Thanks!! :D That is very much appreciated :)

7. Desertwind

Different strokes.. different generations.. I saw Elvis 6 times.. friggin' amazing.. incredible.. and un-beliveable .. talk about stage presence.. :eek: you were riveted to your seat.. I never saw Curt.. but he's a fav, of my daughters.. so its all good.... not that their dead..but whoever one loves is great for them... but isn't it bizarre.. both drug related deaths..:(

8. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

all the money is going to the wonderfully talented *cough-atgettingawaywithmurderingherhusband-cough* Courtney Love :mad:. I still don't get how she wasn't convicted and now here she is raking in his money. I hope some/most of it is going to Frances (his daughter).

KURT COBAIN- May he rest in peace.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Mmm Courtney seems to be milking his estate for all it's worth..

10. Desertwind

Courtney Love is a friggin' mess. i feel sorry for Francis Bean.. poor little girl.. and on his death.. she was in L.A. when they found him.. he'd been dead for like two days.. they did investigate.. and found it was a suicide. :( I realize people will always find some conspiracy relating to his death.. but weren't they madly in love..? she freaked out when she heard the news.. and she's not that good of an actress :(

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't think she was involved in his death, but I do think she hasn't been exactly careful in how she keeps his memory alive. it seems there is always some new Nirvana re-issue coming out, re-packaged with maybe one new song, and it's become a brand.

It's a shame because that's not what Kurt was about.

Im not suprised that Dave Grohl wants nothing to do with her.

12. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I must admit I'm not the biggest Courtney Love fan, however I would like for us to steer clear of the accusation of Courtney Love murdering Kurt Cobain. Of course you are all entitle to your opinion, and I'm sure a lot of you may have very different opinions to how he died, but since there is no proof, I just feel that to accuse a celebrity of murder is a little much. ;)

I do agree that she has not served his memory well and I'm also not surprised that Dave Grohl is not on speaking terms with her. In regards to him being the top earning dead celebrity, I can't say I'm surprised, he becomes more popular as each year goes on and rightly so. :)

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Indeed. I think that it's a shame when musicians die and the hype that surrounds them takes away from the talent they had.

i remember rocking Nirvana when they were going, and I still have my-t-shirts and cds. Ah, memories...

14. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

no evidence besides the private detective's findings, the suicide note that when examined by a lab was found to probably have been foraged and the fact that the shot was fired at an angle that he couldfn't possibly have managed.... okay stopping I swear. But DesertWind it didn't take them two days to find his body.

Sorry I just needed to get that in there, I care very much about Kurt's memory but even more about Frances. Having Courtney as a mother is not doing good things for her.

15. Desertwind