Top Chef: Las Vegas

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by MyMutantRomance, Sep 30, 2009.

1. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

Is anyone out there as obessed with Top Chef as I am? I love this season, the chefs are amazing. I'm personally root for Ash and Ashley. The judges are totally stuck up this year thou.

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i've not seen any of this new one - i love top chef, i love how bitchy they are, and the food sometimes looks good too. over here we have masterchef which quite frankly is rubbish by comparison (i still like it tho, despite having to sit through the judges SHOUTING a lot). i might try to see the new TC, then you'll have someone to talk to about it :D

3. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

Thanks for responding!:) I haven't heard of Masterchef but the idea of judges who a constantly shouting sounds pretty cool :guffaw:I like the idea of judges being so passionate that they have to shout.

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i would like it too if they were passionate (i suppose they probably are really) but they're so annoying! and they use really cliched phrases as well, they're forever going on about "big honest cooking" or some such. it's almost a national joke over here. and the voiceover woman is awful, she just repeats herself about 50 times an episode! but everyone still watches it! i think the thing we like as a nation here is that it's almost exclusively for amateur cooks (although the current series is for pro chefs, and they have a celebrity version too), so there are plenty of opportunities for major cock ups, which britons generally seem to rather like - we love it when underdogs do well but we also love watching people fall flat on their face.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  5. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

It sounds awesome, there's something with us Americans were we don't really root for the underdogs (at least i don't). I root for the killers in horror movies instead :guffaw:
    I hate how bad voiceovers can completly ruin a show.