Time Change This Weekend (Oct 2006)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Dynamo1, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

This Sunday, October 29, 2006, Daylight Saving Time ends. Here in the United States, it officially ends at 2:00 am for most of the country, except for Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and Arizona. (Hey! Get with the program, people. If we gotta do it, so should you. :) ) The Navajo Nation participates in the Daylight Saving Time policy, even in Arizona, due to its large size and location in three states.

Don't forget to turn BACK clocks before going to bed Saturday night.

For more info on DST and to see when other countries change times, go to WebExhibits page.

2. wibble

wibble Corpse

Thanks for the reminder Dynamo :)

3. drummergurll

drummergurll Police Officer

yes...a hour more sleep before church.....yessssss.....

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yep, it's the end of British Summer Time (what a summer it was too!). Hurrah for the extra sleep! :D

5. wibble

wibble Corpse

^ Let's hope our Indian summer is now well and truly over ;) (unless you like that sort of weather of course :p ).

6. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

God, I'm glad you posted a thread on this I always forget about it. Ahh an extra hour in bed, bliss. Now all I've got to do is remember how to change the digital clock in the car, you would think it's easy, but it's not. :lol:

7. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

WHy US cannot change clocks the same time with other countries... I mean, they do now but looks like it changes next year... sheesh.

Thanks for a reminder Dynamo :D

8. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

My computer automaticly changes to daylight savings so I always notice it on sunday mornings. can't help that i am a pc geek

9. Dynamo1

Windows computers update time if set that way. Some VCRs receive a signal from a local PBS station. Some clocks are set by shortwave signals from the US Naval Observatory. But there are still the watches, car clocks, coffee makers, fax machines, home grandfather clocks, and many other devices that do not change automatically. The switchboard at the hotel where I work has to be set manually to ensure the wake-up calls are made on time.

To get the correct time, go to The Official US Time or US Naval Observatory websites.

10. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

So does mine, Blue Curl. :)

11. Calihan

Calihan Captain

What's wrong with Indian summer, it keeps is warmer long into the fall season.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

ROTFL! Tell me about it! Either my mom ends up waking me up and hour earlier (thinking the time hasn't change) Or she ends up waking me an hour later...
    But yes! I always look forward to sleeping in for an extra hour on DLST every year before going to church...

13. Dynamo1

Bumping thread as a reminder.

It's tonight. Adjust your clocks before you go to sleep or you will be an hour early for church, work, or anything else.

14. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

My clock adjusts itself...not that I have to be anywhere on a sunday morning...

2 more hours until 3, well 2. I never really understood the concept of time change...:confused:

15. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yay, have just got up! The extra hour is good. :D So confusing, it is 9.50 istead of 10.50! Unfortunately my alarm clock doesn't set itself and I have yet to work out how to change it. I'll probably be confused for the next week... :confused: