Thursday Night Is Up For Grabs

CSI Files

Captain
The winds of change are blowing. <p>Thursday is the most important night of the week for the major networks. Advertisers will spend more money in an attempt to target viewers who are making their weekend plans. As the <A class="link" HREF="http://www.latimes.com/">Los Angeles Times</a> reports, Thursday is also a consistently competitive night in primetime.<p><font color=yellow>William Petersen</font>'s (Gil Grissom) exit from <I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I> is putting the hit drama on more uneven footing as the audience gets used to his replacement, <font color=yellow>Laurence Fishburne</font> (Dr Raymond Langston). <I>Grey's Anatomy</I> is <I>CSI</I>'s major rival for the timeslot, and ABC is hoping the medical drama will be able benefit by pulling in larger audiences. In the 10:00pm hour, NBC is preparing to retire longtime series <I>ER</I> this season (to be replaced by <font color=yellow>Jay Leno</font>'s new primetime show next year). Fox has moved its popular programme <I>Bones</I> to Thursdays in an attempt to take advantage of the important night.<p>With so many changes happening, Thursday night is anyone's game. Overall, the major networks have all lost viewers as people turn to cable. In the 1998-1999 season, NBC boasted 30% of the 18-49 demographic prized by advertisers on Thursday nights. This season, leader CBS only gets 10% of the demo. However, Fox behemoth <I>American Idol</I> pulls in large numbers of viewers on Tuesdays and Wednesdays in the second half of the season, proving that the audience is there if the networks can figure out how to grab it.<p>The original article is from <A class="link" HREF="http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-channel26-2009jan26,0,5801737.story">The LA Times</a>.<center></center>

If I do stop watching, and I'm not saying I am, I'm waiting to see how the changes affect the show first, but if I do stop watching, it won't be to go see Greys. It would be to watch Supernatural. Greys leaves me bored out of my mind.

I will still watch it. I'm not a huge Grey's fan and I want to watch to support the rest of the cast.

Grey's has gotten silly and stupid over the years.

Back