Think Pink 2007

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by shortea, Oct 1, 2007.

1. shortea

shortea Rookie

It's October Girls & Guys!!
    Time to think Pink!!
    Time to go get check for BC!!

Stay Healthy My CSI Buddies!!

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Thanks for the reminder shortea
    October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month

get checked, tell your friends, your mom, your sister, your aunt, your cousins: every woman you know to get check yourself once a month. If you are over 40, get a mammogram
    I DID!!!

3. shortea

shortea Rookie

And don't forget your Dad, Brother, boyfriends,
    and any other men in your circle..
    Guys can get BC too!!

4. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

My Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in January 2005, two and half months after my Dad died. I cried so hard when we found out she had cancer since we just had lost my Dad but we had to get out of that mentality and had to be strong for her sake. She had a mastectomy and underwent chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Chemotherapy was hell for my Mom. It was really hard seeing her suffer through all that. During her first round of chemo, she got so dehydrated from vomiting too much that I was so scared she had suffered a stroke. My Dad died of a stroke so I was panicked when she started exhibiting symptoms of a stroke. Turns out she suffered severe dehydration and had to be hospitalized. She is doing fine right now and we continue to pray that she stays cancer-free.

My Aunt was diagnosed a month after my Mom. They were comparing notes during their chemo and both had their heads shaved before any of their hair fell off, making it less traumatic.

I just hope doctors find a new way other than a mammogram. Going through such a procedure is a painful experience according to my Mom and older sister. Until then, get tested and spread the word, it just might save a life.

To everyone who has been touched by cancer, my heart goes out to you.