The Worst Episode Ever

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by LVNYfan1113, Jan 31, 2010.

1. LVNYfan1113

LVNYfan1113 Dead on Arrival

I don't know if there was a previous thread about worst episodes but I just wanted to share mine.

Last week's TV was so boring. No CSI: NY at least on CBS. Thanks to Spike, TNT, and local CBS. I don't own DVDs but I promise when I get a job, I'll collect them all, including CSI and Criminal Minds. That's a lot of money!

This boredom led me to realize the worst episode of CSI: NY. In my opinion, that episode aired last October 7 and that is 'Lat/Long'. The title is ridiculously long but that's not the problem. In fact, the title gave me a feeling that the episode would be great but I was wrong. I hate this episode for so many reasons. First of all, this is the introduction of the Compass Killer. Not a very intriguing name. I find it silly. The killer was not killing compasses nor he used compass as murder weapon. Well, I think I'm the one being silly but I just don't find the name thriling at all.

Second reason, the episode was boring. I was hoping there was a second case or story so that the arc didn't seem to be dragged. A good example was this season's CSI. Dr. Jekyll was teased in the end of 'Family Affair'. It remained in the background during 'Ghost Town', 'Appendicitement', and 'Sin City Blues'. I like how the writers handled Dr. Jekyll's story. I'm so excited on how this story will develop. I'm speculating a lot. Speaking of the Compass Killer arc,*'Cuckoo's Nest' was great because of the inclusion Flack's issues. 'Manhattanhenge' was also great simply because the team was so busy.

Third and the ultimate reason why this episode is the worst ever is the inconsistent timeline. Yeah. I've read a lot of timeline discussions in this forum. *I didn't get a chance to post but now I would because I realized how bad the timeline was. The timeline was so confusing that I can't discuss the whole thing here but I can outline it as follows:

May 6, 2009 - Greater Good: Lindsay gave birth to Lucy. I like this episode.
    May 14, 2009 - Pay Up: Bar shoot out. I like this episode but would not watch it again because of what happened during the first few minutes. Argh!
    September 23 - Epilogue: According to Mac and his team, this is one month after the shout out, so disregard the airdate. We met Haylen.
    October 7 - *Blackhole or some kind of time ruining device* - Lat/Long: Lucy is now 10 months! So okay, maybe I can tolerate it, disregerd the airdate. But then Mac said they met Haylen two weeks ago (which is correct if we consider the date the episode aired but inconsistent with Lucy's age). Then there's one more thing. Angell's birthday on sunday that week. But we knew in 'Pay Up' her birthday was in February!

Lindsay's pregnancy I think lacked 2 months. There are 6 months between 'The Box' aired november (Lindsay's baby was about a month judging from the ultrasound picture) and 'Greater Good'. So, 6 months gap plus 1 month old fetus is 7 months. But I can forgive this. It's just a matter of how short a TV season is and the date the episode was aired. Lat/Long's case is ridiculous. Even Einstein can't solve it. I remember an article here that Lenkov explained the timeline issues. So okay. A week/day in real life doesn't necessarily mean a week/day in TV. We know that. Whether we disregard or not the airdates from 'Greater Good' to 'Lat/Long', something is not right - either Lucy's age or the whole shootout thing. IF ONLY Lindsay's line to Danny "I hope you're not competing with our 10-month old baby" would change to 2-MONTH OLD, or IF ONLY Mac didn't mention they met Haylen TWO-WEEKS BEFORE Lat/Long, THIS MESS IS NOT EXISTING. Really!

Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of CSI: NY. I like almost all the episodes and watched them all over again so many times even those I think are not so impressive (maybe one or two episodes per season). Why didn't I just mention the best episodes? Well, too many! :) But the best episodes are 'Yarhzeit' and 'Snow Day', 'Green Piece', 'Pay Up' and many more.

On CSI:, the worst for me are 'Leapin' Lizard' and 'Go to Hell'. I just don't like them because the cases/theme were beyond reality. The best episodes are 'Grave Danger', 'For Warrick', and 'One To Go'.

On Criminal Minds, the worst for me is 'Demonology'. The best is '100' and 'Penelope'.*

Thank you for reading. Any reactions? If anyone solved the timeline issues just let me know. I would gladly promote Lat/Long to the average episodes and replace it with 'Nothing'! What is the worst episode in your opinion? **

2. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

CSI: NY's worst episode: "The Box" from season 5.
    I can sum up how I feel about "The Box" in 2 words: Suck City!!!
    I do not want to think about or talk about "The Box" so I'm ending this post...HERE.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  3. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

So far season 6 is the worst yet. To many lame stories, confussing storylines, start a story than end it with no explantion, Season 5 best so far.

4. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

NOT worst season ever...worst EPISODE ever.
    The season 5 EPISODE "The Box" is my choice and I'm sticking with it.

5. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

Me too. :lol: Plus Greater Good and Green piece for me. All DL family making eposodes, makes me a big anti-DL fan. :lol: The worst was Green piece, kind of eloping with papa Mac and mama Stella's blessing(I like Mac/Stella friendship and sometimes also Smack, just hate this scene). That was just... cheesy even for CSI:NY. It could have been written much better. And when I first saw Greater Good, I tried real hard not to change the channel.

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

For me, it was definitely "All Access." A cheap slasher flick of an episode that glorified and sexualized violence against women. There have been other bad episodes, but none I've reacted to so viscerally as this one.

7. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Grounds for deception was the most laughable episode for me, so I guess it qualifies as the worst. The best part of the entire thing was the beginning scene with the play in the park. They should have stopped with that and called it a wrap.

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

For me it's a tie between "All Access" and "Grounds for Deception." They were both just absolutely horrible and vomit inducing and I would never want to watch either of them ever again.

9. LVNYfan1113

^Can you tell me why you think GFD is the worst episode? I'm just curious. I hope Carmine's episode on wednesday would be good. Thank you. :)

10. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

I know you didn't ask me. But people in here discussed on that topic already. Here's some threads that may help you. :)

How would you grade Grounds for Deception? -> http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=58480

Which episode was your favorite this season? -> http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=58504
    Least Favorite Episode of Season Five? -> http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=58505

GFD made the top of both 'favorite' and 'least favorite' list. So I think it's worth checking them first. :)

11. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

I know you meant worst episode:guffaw:I was just having fun and expressing my dissatifaction with the show this season.:brickwall: I would have to say epilogue was the worst. After waiting all summer to get answers, and see what happened at the bar,I don't know it was just a let down.:p

12. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

LVNYFan I can tell you why I disliked Grounds for Deception so much.

The storyline started out well with a sort of sinister international flair that could have been really great. I even enjoyed seeing Stella going behind Mac's back to work on it because it gave us, the audience, knowledge of something that he didn't know. The buildup for the resolution of the story was great, crossing multiple episodes and being woven into various other storylines. Great continuity. For me, it wasn't even the fact that it was Stella involved. It could have been anybody.

Grounds for Deception, however, took all the focus off the international storyline and focused it on the personal life of Stella. Now I know some people loved that, and had it been less laughable it might have worked for me. But what started off with Stella storming out of Mac's office, leaving her badge on the table, ended up with us seeing Stella traipsing through "Greek" village in various cute little sundresses and high platform sandels, walking merrily across cobblestone streets, hair blowing in the gentle wind. The transformation from tough cop that actually sealed someone up in a shipping container with water and a bucket to that was extremely laughable and made a mockery of all the buildup that took place to get her there.

And then there's Mac, who, once he finds out that she's in Greece, leaves the entire lab high and dry while he goes riding to the rescue. Now while that may make Stellerinas and Smackies swoon, the true fact of the matter is that it was unconscionable for him to run out of there like that.

The entire episode was ridiculous.

13. LVNYfan1113

flying mouse, thank you for the links. I read some of the posts before. The reason why I'm so curious to know about GFD is because it topped both the favorite and the least favorite episode last season. Although I like GFD, it's not on my top list.

CSI Cupcake, thank you for answering. When the story was introduced in 'The Cost of Living', I thought it had the potential to be great. A major character like Stella being involved in a trouble made me feel thrilled and excited. Yeah, I felt there's someyhing missing in GFD. I can't remember much from the episode. All I know is that it's full of Stella. :)

14. ruce

ruce Victim

Can You Hear Me Now? I think this is the worst episode.

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ really? how come? i really like it! not that you're wrong not to, i'm just curious as to why you don't!