The wheat fields are calling......But so is my heart - D/L

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Bullet_Girl, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

I got the name for this when I was chatting with a buddy on MSN. :D

This is kissmesweet's and my own first co-written ficcie! I hope you like it and don't forget to comment! We love your comments haha :lol:

It's got a little coarse language, but none of the F word.... Which I am immensly proud of, because when I get one of my characters going on an angry rant, that word usually rears it's ugly head! :lol: Okay, here it is.. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'The whet fields are calling.......But so is my heart'

Lindsay Monroe has had enough of Danny’s immature name calling, pranks, even attempts to get her arrested. She's packing up her things and leaving her job, hopefully NY and going back to the country. At the moment, she’s cleaning out her locker and she accidentally slams it on her finger as Danny walks in.

"OW!!" Lindsay exclaims. She starts sucking on her thumb to try and relieved the pain.

"Montana! Are you alright?" He asks, inching closer to her. He looks at her packing her stuff up. "What--what--" He understood what was happening. "What the hell do ya think you're doing?"
    "Are you--are you quitting?" He asked, incredulously.

"No, better yet..." She asked. "I'm leaving."

"Piss off, Danny! I'm sick of your name calling, your--your pranks and your attempts to get me arrested!" She closes the lid on the box that has her stuff in it and says, "I can't stand the nickname you gave me, either Danny!" He can see the fire burning in her eyes. Her voice was pure venom, meant to hurt him long enough so she could get away from him.

She hurt him alright. He could feel unshed tears against his eyes. He wanted to tell her everything. He wanted to tell her that he loved her. He wanted to kiss her and tell her that everything was going to be okay. He wanted all of her... He wanted—

"What are you thinking?" She interrupted his thoughts, softly.

"Don't go," He whispered, slowly taking off his glasses revealing his warm blue eyes in pain and agony of losing her. He was afraid of never telling her the things he wanted to. Afraid to never get to kiss her. Not even once.

"Danny!" She shrieks. "Do not try that sweet little look on me, I---I'm done with NY I'm done with you!" She tries to push past him with her box full of stuff.

He grabbed her wrist just in time, before she ran out of the room. His hand was tight around her limp wrist, but gentle. "Just--don't go. You can't. What am I gonna do without you? I can't--I can't let you go. If you go, you'll never come back."

"Damn right I won't!" She breathes. She looks right into his eyes, hopefully making him feel the hatred she’s currently feeling. "What are you gonna do without me? Hmmm...Lets see...." She now sports a fake 'thinking pose' but quickly changes back to her snarly, bitchy one. "You could go suck up to Stella....or---or--or Mac! I don't care, let go of me!" She hopes to god he doesn't see the tears welling up in her eyes. She’s a strong woman, 'why is this happening to me now?' she wonders.

"Lindsay," He said, softly letting her go rather reluctantly. "Are you blind--are you that blind? Can't you see what we have between the two of us?" He said, almost pleadingly as he looked into her eyes as she felt weak all over her body. "You can't fight this." He exhaled. "Don't try to. You're--you're leaving because I called you Montana a few times. Or because--because you hate me?"

Her legs suddenly felt like jelly and she leaned heavily against the doorframe and Danny noticed. "It's more than that," She started, in a soft tone that slightly shocked Danny, "Are you even aware in the slightest how many times you've made me feel like crap, made me feel worse than some of the criminals we take off the streets every day?"

"I'm--I'm sorry," He said, letting go of his pride and reputation with a few words. He didn't care. He wasn't anything at all with Lindsay and maybe he's always felt that empty without her and it just never hit him until now. "I didn't mean to. You're afraid of falling for me, aren't you?"

The rumors of him as the lab's notorious playboy were greatly exaggerated. They have been since he's met her at the zoo that fateful day. The day of which he found his heart stolen from him without a single notice. Maybe she was afraid of loving him.

He in return was afraid too, but-- but then he realized that this may be the greatest thing that's ever happened to him his entire life and he wasn't about to lose the chance of finding happiness.

She starts breaking down and tries to cover it. Her legs give out from underneath her as she starts to sob. She has had feelings for him since that very first day, that very first little smile they shared....right down to the first cup of coffee they had together after shift. She liked everything about him.

He closes his eyes and lays his glasses on the bench in the room. He breathes and smells the vague strawberry scent of her shampoo and the light touch of coffee--Mocha with soy milk purchased at the Starbucks by the block, 2 scoops of sugar--he against her lips. They are that close. He notices little things about her too. How excited she gets when she comes up with new experiments. The way she licked her lips when she was bored... Little things, he knows-- could eventually add up to something more.

“Danny...." She cries. That's it, she’s not going to leave him, and she never will. "I am afraid of falling for you......" She puts her arms out for a hug.

Instead of hugging her though, Danny closes his eyes and kisses her softly. Then a little harder, but with the same gentleness as before. He hears her sigh with happiness as she shakes her head.

"I guess a girl can change," She laughs. "I'm not leaving."

He watches her unzip her handbag and pull out her plane ticket, back to Montana. He watches her rip it in one quick motion and then he watches her as she jumps back into his arms, kissing him and playing with his hair.

"I love you, Danny Messer...." She leans in and kisses him again, playing with his hair, roughing it up. "I'm sorry...." She apologizes. She’s not sure if it should be him or herself apologizing, but she says it anyway.

"Don't be," He says softly against her ear. "And I think I love you too."

"You THINK you love me?" She chuckles with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't think I love you.....I know I love you, Lindsay...." He chuckled.

She looks right into his eyes and smiles before kissing him on the lips slowly.
    She pulled back, still in his arms. He heard her tell him that she had to go.

"Where?" He asked, worriedly.

"To Mac's office," She grinned. "I'm getting my job back."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apologies for any errors in it, like the tenses and stuff, the program I use is going alittle haywire at the moment :p

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

that's really sweet :D

I love Danny and Lindsay

4. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Great job guys!

I loved angry Lindsay :cool:

5. Tristianna

Tristianna Police Officer

*claps*

Wonderful work dear. I love writing with a partner. This turned out awesome.

6. chelliyah

chelliyah Pathologist

awwww great stuff!!!!
    **Squeeeeees at the cuteness**
    i like very much ;) hehe

7. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

Hehehe....thankyou! :D

8. enitx

enitx Victim

Re: The wheat fields are calling......But so is my heart -

aww that was so sweet... good job!

9. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

mmmhmmm....we did another one, so I'll post it later :D

10. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Thanks guys. That's incredibly sweet of you all. (Especially you, Chelle! You know I heart you tons! :))

11. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

Wow, that's a great one. You did a wonderful job. Really, I'm speechless, now...

12. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

:D hehe...thanks :)

13. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

That was great, loved the ending when she tells Danny she's leaving and he asks where, "to get my job back".

14. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

teehee.....I'm about to update my DuCaine ficcie too...... thanks for all the nice comments everyone :D

15. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Wow, it's really cool!