The View on ABC

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Missing, May 23, 2007.

1. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I looked to see if this has been posted or not so you can close if need to.

I don't know how many of you watch The View but I tune in most of the time and today's show got to be a bitchsession between Rosie and Elizabeth and you can read here: http://www.showbuzz.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/05/23/tv/main2841465.shtml

There has always been that bantering back and forth between those two but usually never goes this far and you could feel the tension just watching it. Now I am not a big fan of Rosie but do think that she does have some good points about some of the things going on here in the USA and the war and Bush. Elizabeth to me seems a little naive and unexperienced but she can argue a good point.

Anyone else have any thoughts??

2. HarmonyMe

HarmonyMe Hit and Run

I don't usually watch the show either but I saw part of that big bitchfest that they got into (and I watched some today :eek:) and I have to pretty much agree with you. I'm not the biggest of Rosie fans but she does make a few decent points. One thing I do like about her is that she doesn't care about being popular, she makes the point that she believes in and moves on.

I have NEVER liked Elisabeth. She's so selfrighteous and full of herself. You used a good word too: naive. She thinks she's so smart but she doesn't know %#@# yet. She really loves to try to talk over people too (which really ticks me off) and I LOVED when Rosie held up her hand to her. :lol:

Ultimately I think that Elisabeth should keep her mouth shut....she just makes herself look more selfrighteous than she already is.

My 2 cents on the matter. :)

3. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

They at it again? I don't agree with Rosie and I don't agree with Elizabeth, they both need to shut up about it. I'm not Demo or Repulican, I support our troop but I don't agree with Bush all the time. Rosie got herself in trouble because Bill O'Reilly bash her because his son was over there fighting Irag. Saddum Hussam or whatever his name is, he is involved because he want the Braghdad's oil. Bin Ladin (If he is alive out there somewhere.) is still a threat to us.

I won't vote for Hillary or John, they don't care about us, all they care about is get in the White House and steal more money from us. If you think Democrate (If I can spell right.) care about us, you better think again. Repulican, I'm not so sure about them.

Obama, I won't judge him because I don't know him that well enough.

The Iragi people (Good one.) don't want our troop to leave, because they are afraid if they leave, they will be killed by Sunnis.

The question is has been on our mind for a while, it Bush is telling us the truth? If he is not, he is just like Clinton, they are both liar.

Saddam Hussam killed 15 bodyguard by buried them alive. He is a Sunnis and he don't care about his people.

If you read the Bible, you see it, The war is alway been that way since Jesus was born. There is no peace or truces, unless you called it a peace. Between Angels and Satan are fighting each other.

4. CSIfamily

CSIfamily Dead on Arrival

I watched in horror as well. I also agree Rosie has some good points, and I find that Elisabeth does at times sound like a broken record and is VERY naive.

Joy (and I do like Joy)spurred on the fight "du jour" though and I will say I found it very unprofessional of the network to have them doing the duel in side by side frames almost exploiting the very nasty squirmish.

Rosie for her own sanity needs to leave the View (and you can tell she cannot wait!) and Elisabeth needs to open her eyes just a little bit wider, and settle down a few notches for that new baby on the way.

Just my three Canadian pennies worth :)

5. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I have to agree on that one with you about Elizabeth, she need to calm down, it not good for the baby she's carry. She stake her opinion, Rosie does her. Elizabeth is a Rebulican, Rosie is a Democrate, I think. One thing you don't argue with Rosie because she won't listen to you what you tried to said.

I remember two of my family, my Uncle is a Repulican and My oldest Aunt is a Demeocrate. My uncle talking about Clinton about something, I don't know what and she jump down on his throat, he back off. He has no idea that she is a democratic. I didn't know she is a democratic, I thought my whole families is a repulican. She is the only in our families is Democratic.

6. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Not worth watching since Lisa Ling left...

7. CSIfamily

CSIfamily Dead on Arrival

I just read Rosies latest blog entry..looks as though she is thinking about leaving The View early according to her "read the answers" area.

Too bad people with different ideas (and all people) cannot have a healthy debate without hurting one another.

Rosie does have some valid points but her problem is all in the delivery, whereas with Elisabeth her problem is that she will not open her ears and eyes to ANYTHING.

it is those kind of attitudes that start wars..makes me very sad :(

8. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Rosie think Repulican are stupid and she don't realize Democrat are stupid. She think she know everything, but she don't. We didn't start the war. Iraq starting it. They been planning this for a long time since when Clinton was in the White House and he didn't do nothing, all he did sent 2 missiles over there and that's it. I probably won't be surprise that Clinton and his wife are involve in some way.

We don't have honest President since Ronald Regan, he made his mistake, but least he's honest. Well, I was a kid when he was president. My mom hasn't vote for any of President since Richard Nixon was a President.

I don't like Politics, I have never have. They are not honest with us.

I read other board what you put, some people who don't like Rosie, should pack her bag and get out the America go stay with Iraq Troop, if she side with them.

Our American Troop are not Terriost or something.

9. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

I absolutely can not stand Rosie O'Donnel, no matter what she believes in, or how "true" she is. Her immature fighting for publicity is just getting down right lame. It's not just her that's acting like a child who hasn't gotten their way, but the ones who continue arguing with her. Just like that that Donald Trump stuff that went on, they obviously couldn't have been being too serious. I mean, everytime my family and I would watch ET Tonight we'd all just laugh at her, and him. Now Elisabeth? She needs to leave the VIEW and just do something else, NOT in show business.

10. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Rosie is entitled to her own opinion, and I do agree with many of her standpoints on issues. Like many of you, I often find Elisabeth Hasselbeck to be a little on the preachy side (putting it mildly). However, they were both wrong in that ridiculous exchange. Hasselbeck because she came across as childish and surly, and Rosie because she cannot seem to find a way to express her views without turning it into a personal(ized) attack. Also, I suspect that she doesn't like this particular forum where there is someone to argue a counterpoint to her views. When she had her own show, she was controlling the flow and the argument (including that infamous episode with Tom Selleck) but in this format, she has someone who doesn't agree with her who has equal time and it doesn't sit well with her. I'm not at all surprised that she decided to leave.

11. detdonflackjr

detdonflackjr Rookie

LOL Donald Trump actually took Rosies side and called Elisabeth an "imbesile"

12. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I'm glad Rosie is finally gone. She's a rude, big mouth.