The Unusuals

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Smokey, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

"The Unusuals"

Did anyone watch this premiere on ABC after "Lost" on Wednesday? I really liked it! It had kind of a "retro" feel to it.

The characters are really quirky...love the one guy (Michael from "Lost") wearing his bullet proof vest 24 hours a day. :lol: And his partner with the brain tumor, walking around not caring if he gets killed....having the shotgun residue make a "Jesus" on the wall. :lol:

Then there was the "found religion" guy whose secret past involved stealing an armored car. So he was about to plant the dead cop's gun and badge in the wall....hmmmm....interesting.

I like the fast feel of it too, and the dispatcher's voice over everything announcing the incidents reported, like the naked guy wearing a cape. :lol:

I hope it continues to be good like this and that it can stay on the air long enough to gain an audience.

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I totally dug this show! I was giggling through the whole episode- it has some great writing. However, it's probably doomed before it even gets started, unfortunately. It's probably a little too hard to pigeonhole and therefore won't last long... which is a shame because I really liked it!

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

ABC--where good shows go to die.

4. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

LOL where good shows die. :lol:

The jury is still out on this show for me. I do like Amber Tamblyn she was great in "Joan of Arcadia" but this show really didn't grab my attention the way "SouthLAnd did! :)
    I'll give it another try.

---------------
    [​IMG]

5. BabaOReilly

See now, I'm the exact reverse to you, WP. ^^^ I just watched Southland last night, and while I did think the OC guy did a good job, and I liked Shawn Hatosey, I didn't really see anything radically new for a cop show. It was entertaining, but it didn't really grab or surprise me.

Sadly, it was on the same list as I saw The Unusuals on- as in, won't last long. Bleh. And yet all these crap sitcoms and relaity shows go on and on...

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. ;)

6. Smokey

I really liked last night's episode. I like that we're finding out a bit more about the characters. So the "found Jesus" cop was inadvertently behind Kowalski's murder...hmmmm.

What absolutely cracked me up tho was Delahoy jumping onto the balcony and the pots all crashing down around Banks! :lol: He was ducking and running and yelling "Oh God!!!" :guffaw: Had to watch that part twice. :) Then he told the captain that his partner tried to kill him!

7. BabaOReilly

^^^ That part had me giggling like an idiot too! Sometimes it's the dumb physical humour that makes me laugh the hardest, I swear.

I too am enjoying this show so far. I'm just enjoying watching something on TV where I can't usually predict what's going to happen next. It's... unusual. ;)

8. Smokey

Why oh why did they have two episodes last week, one of which was on the wrong night?! I guess they were trying to catch new viewers on a new night, but they lost one regular viewer. Me! :(

I only saw the one on Wednesday. Did I miss anything important on Tuesday?

I'm still really loving the fast pace of this show as well as the goofiness in the characters. At times, that is, because it's got its serious points as well, and I love those too.