The Shield.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Daquien, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

"The Shield breaks the conventional formula of the cop genre. It plays out in a tough, morally ambiguous world in which the line between good and bad is crossed ever day. The series focuses on the tension between a group of corrupt but effective cops and a captain torn between bringing them down and advancing his own political ambitions. The Shield stars Michael Chiklis (The Commish) as rogue cop "Det. Vic Mackey," leader of the elite Strike Team unit, who is effective at eliminating crime but who operates under his own set of rules. Benito Martinez (Outbreak & Her Costly Affair) plays "Captain David Aceveda," the young precinct head who doesn't like Mackey's tactics and wants to bust him off the force. And the Emmy-nominated CCH Pounder (ER & Boycott), plays "Det. Claudette Wyms," a veteran detective who understands Mackey and knows how to play both sides of the fence.

The show made history by becoming the first ad-supported cable series to win the 2003 Golden Globe Award for Best Drama Series. In its first season, Shawn Ryan (Writing) and Clark Johnson (Directing) received Emmy nominations, which were also firsts for basic cable in those categories. The Shield has received two TCA nominations for Outstanding Achievement in Drama. As of March 2005, the show has become the longest running series on the FX network".(tvtome).

The Shield.

[​IMG]

So anyother adult watch this show?

2. Nickyboom

Nickyboom Prime Suspect

Love this show!
    Probably one of the best cop show (sorry CSI fan) with "The wire". :eek:

3. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Oh,great to see another fan of the series!!! :)

Have you watched season 5 finale?
    I'm quite sad about what happened... :(

Season 6 promo.

4. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

The Shield rocks. Period.

5. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Yep,the show is great.

But,hey guys,what do you think about the season finale?
    What do you think is gonna happen next season?
    What's your favourite/least favourite character?

Btw, Franka Potente joins the cast for season 6.

6. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

I thought the finale was one of the most riveting shows last season. I couldn't believe what Shane did, but at the same time I expected it. Forrest Whitaker was awesome last season. He should have got an emmy nod.

I look for next season to be just as compelling. I think Vic will somehow find out about Shane and then you know what will hit the fan. Shane's done some pretty bad stuff, but Vic can't let this go.

7. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Forest Whitaker was great and so was Glenn Close the previous season.
    Whitaker is gonna be for a few eps next season.

And about the finale,Shane is always screwing it up and Vic always forgives him but this time he has gone way too far.
    I really liked Lem. :(
    Dunno if this is true or not but I read that next season Shane discovers that Lem wasn't a "rat" and he doesn't want to continue alive,so I imagine Vic forgiving him again instead of kicking his ass off,grrr.... :mad:

And I read something about Dutch having some kind of prob with cats again,I used to like Dutch but when he killed that cat I changed my mind and I thought he was gonna to become a serial killer.

Do you think,as everybody does,that Vic is Danni's baby dad?

8. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

Dutch and the cats. :lol: Sounds weird which is what I think Dutch is. He's just too goofy.

You think Vic will forgive Shane? Na, he can't. Not this time. I won't think as much of him if he does.

Nope, for some reason I don't think Vic is the father. I think the kid is the result of a one-nighter with some stranger. No real reason, it just seems that way.

9. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I read that next season was supposed to be the last one but now they decided that it will be another one.That's why I think Vic is gonna forgive Shane if it was the last season he won't but being another one I have my doubts.

Somehow I like Dutch and Claudette rocks.It could be very funny if Dutch was Danny's baby's dad but no way and if it was Lem the dad?Or Aceveda? ok,no way either.The dad is unknown or Vic.

And how about Julian?He was a principal character in the first seasons and now nothing.

10. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Never heard of it. And uhm, is Dutch a person? Lol. :)

11. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

Acevada :eek: I can't stand that moron. He gives me the creepy crawlies. :eek: No way Dani is gonna get near him.

Lem could be a possiblity though.

Dutch and Claudette are a cool team. They feed off of each other quite well. I'm not sure Dutch could make it with anybody else.

There's going to be another season? I haven't heard that. I hope they don't stretch it out too far.

12. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I read it here.(spoilers inside).

13. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

Wow! this sounds like a fantastic season already. Forrest Whittaker is coming back. Allright!

14. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Forest Whitaker does a terrific work but I can't stand his character...I don't understand why Vic hasn't done anything against him yet as he did with Terry for much less...I know it could be pretty obvious that it was Vic but it was pretty obvious with Terry too !!!

Do you think that if Vic finds out about Shane,Shane would blackmail Vic with Terry's murder?

15. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

How devious! Oh yeah, Shane could do that to save his butt.

I think Vic will somehow get Cavanaugh.

My biggest hope is that they get ASSaveda with the murder of that prisoner. Antwon has got to give it up somehow that he murdered him and that ASSaveda was behind it.