The News Thread.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 19ams87, May 8, 2007.

1. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

I don't know if anybodies done a thread like this but I thought it'd be a good idea for us guys to have a place to discuss recent news etc.

Something thats really troubling me atm is that little girl whos gone missing in The Algarve. Gets me so upset to think about it, she's not even 4. It's not safe anywhere nowadays. My bests friends Dad told me that one of thier relitives was holidaying in Spain and thier little lad was walking off in front and some fella ran up, grabbed him and tried to run off with him. His Dad chased the guy and luckily he let him go and ran off. Honestly, it scares the shit out of me to think theres people that evil in the world.

Heres hoping the little girl (Madeline I think) is found safe and sound. Shes a gorgeous lil thing aswel. Such a shame. :(

2. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

I have been really affected by this story. I'm totally heartbroke about the poor little girl. I'm reserving judgement on the fact that the parents left 3 under 3 year olds alone in an apartment whislt they went for dinner :eek:.

No one knows the full circumstance of the situations so I'm not directly placing blame on the parents (not that my opinion matters much).

But that aside I pray that little Maddy is found safe. I've never set my eyes on a more precious, beautiful, angelic young child in my enitre life and when I see her little face in my TV screen tears come to my eyes :(

I don't know why but I've got a funny feeling she's be found alive and I hope to god I'm right :(

3. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Yeah, this story is pretty sad. It happened in here, I mean, in Portugal, and everybody is kind of in shock, I think, especially in the area. The news about her are at every begining of the TV news for 5 days, today they spent 28 minutes with the story. I mean, I do understand that it is important, and from what I have seen, the police is doing everything possible, as everyone else in the area, searcing for her... Today it was told that a little girl was seen somewhere near, the police imediately investigated it, but it was just a little girl similar to Madeleine.
    I must agree that this is so sad, but, and without making direct judgements, as I don't know the exact detais, leaving home 3 kids while having dinner somewhere...
    Whatever, I just hope they find her soon and well!

4. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

It has been on our (British) front pages since Friday, and main news all week so far, except today the Northern Ireland peace agreement has pushed it into second place. But there is still a constant update on Sky News and BBC News 24. There has been alot of critisizm of the Portuguese Police on the slow release of details of witness descriptions, clothes that maddy was wearing and locations etc. with the MET Police over here those details would have been released with the break of the story so the UK embassey and various of British sources are getting frustrated with the delay with the release of the information in Portugal, but I guess different countries conduct these things in how they seem fit.

I saw Cristiano Rondalo making a plea for information on the news earlier :eek:

5. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

That was my first thought too. Other things could have happened, what if she had fallen down the stairs, turned the oven on, anything? :eek: :(

I have heard that a member of their family has arranged a £100000 reward or something. Was that a rumour?

Here's the latest from the BBC

6. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

It was also my first thought. Apparently she was left with her two year old twin brother and sister. Now, I'm no parent, but leaving three children alone whilst you’re out to dinner, even if your checking on them every 15 minutes, is a big no no, in my opinion.

That aside, it's unbelievably awful and I can't begin to think what her parents are going through. :( I hope they find her soon, but she's been gone since Thursday. I pray that she is still alive. :(

7. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Well the mother and father are very well off. Did you see their house in Leciestershire on the news? Its a bloody mansion, he's a heart surgeon and she's a GP so I see its very likely that a family friend has offered a £100,000 reward.

Did anyone watch the Tonight with Trevor McDonald special last night on ITV?

8. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

You see I said this at first too, but my mum said to me that they used to leave me and my brother when they were on holiday in good ol' Butlins sometimes but checked every 30 minutes. I was pretty shocked but apparently a lotta parents do this. I supose it's the last thing on your mind right?

I've been really effected by this too. I hate it when shit like this happens to little kids. Its awful, and to make matters worse, it's her 4th birthday on Saturday. How awful for the parents. It's a shame because if the worse happens, they'll never forgive themselves.

I just wanna fly out there and help find her but theres nothing you can do. If I feel helpless god knows what her parents are going through. Love to them.

Yes June I watched the last half of it. Made me cry. Sniffles. I just want her to be found safe and sound but something tells me I don't think that's going to happen.

Wishes and love to the family.