The 'New York' Premiere Will Answer Burning Questions

CSI Files

Captain
The season seven premiere of CSI: New York won’t waste any time getting down to business. (Spoilers after the jump!) In last season’s finale, “Vacation Getaway”, New York ended with a cliffhanger that involved Danny Messer (Carmine Giovinazzo) walking into his daughter Lucy’s room to find serial killer Shane Casey (Edward Furlong) holding the little girl [...]

More...

I'm curious to see how the premiere deals with all of the stuff that has to happen in a single episode. I'm also curious to see how Jo fits in with the rest of the team. It sucks that Melina is leaving, but I agree with Hill that a new character could breathe some new life into the series. And Sela is nothing if not talented, so there's that - plus, she's not some 20-something Hot Young Thing like several of the past few new characters have been (Kendall and Haylen, I'm looking at you). I think she'll bring an immediate sense of maturity and competence to the role.

(I do wish they'd picked an actress that would add some more diversity to the cast, but the addition of an older woman is certainly welcome. I would have been very disappointed if they'd replaced Melina with a Haylen-clone. *shudder*)

I'm curious to see how the premiere deals with all of the stuff that has to happen in a single episode. I'm also curious to see how Jo fits in with the rest of the team. It sucks that Melina is leaving, but I agree with Hill that a new character could breathe some new life into the series. And Sela is nothing if not talented, so there's that - plus, she's not some 20-something Hot Young Thing like several of the past few new characters have been (Kendall and Haylen, I'm looking at you). I think she'll bring an immediate sense of maturity and competence to the role.

(I do wish they'd picked an actress that would add some more diversity to the cast, but the addition of an older woman is certainly welcome. I would have been very disappointed if they'd replaced Melina with a Haylen-clone. *shudder*)

Agreed. If they had brought on some twenty something or even a thirty something I think it would've been bad for the show. And I love Sela Ward as an actress so I'm excited to see what she brings to the role.

Handling everything in one episode doesn't excite me, but I get why they're doing it. I just hope the follow-up of the cliffhanger is done better than season 6's premiere and subsequent story line that sprung from the cliffhanger was done.

The season premiere sounds really exciting!!I also think that Sela Ward will bring something fresh and unique on the show.

It sure sounds like the CSINY writers are going to have to pack quite a lot of stuff into a 1-hour season premiere!:eek: Hopefully, they can pull it off without making anything seem too abrupt or leaving any dangling loose ends. I'm very sorry to see Melina/Stella go :( since I was a fan of the character, but Sela Ward (Jo) is a very talented actress with demonstrated success on quite a few primetime TV dramas. She should be more-than-able to step up and deliver on Jo's character potential.:)

Back