The 'Mistake' (csi ny fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Di_Csi, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Di_Csi

Di_Csi Hit and Run

Hi! just to let you know, this is my first fic ever and i don´t know if I will have updates very soon or if i will continue this story yet :p
    (oh and let me know if there are any spell/grammar mistakes :lol: )

here it goes:

Lindsay woke to the sound of her cellphone ringing.
    She sighed when she saw what time it was 'God.. only 2.49am..' She hoped it wasn't Mac calling with a new case.

She really needed a good night sleep, cause she had been working non stop for the last three weeks, trying to solve the murders of 4 teenage girls. And it really had worn her out. All girls were stabbed to death in their own beds, the murder weapon was never found and the family members of the victims had been drugged while asleep and never heard or saw a thing, which made everything even more freaky.

Everyone gave their best on the case, but there wasn't much evidence. Mac, Lindsay and Danny searched through everything in all the houses about eleven times, but weren't able to find more than they already had when they searched the house the first time.

They had a few suspects but their aliby's were solid and well they never found the murder weapon so it was even harder find the killer.
    After three rough weeks they finally had a breakthrough, a guy named Jason Harisson came in and confessed all the murders. He told them exactly where to find the knife and his fingerprints were all over it, so they arrested him and he was send to jail for the rest of his life.

Lindsay looked at the caller´s ID, she didn´t recognize the number but was glad that it wasn´t Mac. ´Hmm.. Who´s calling me at this hour?!´

“Hello”, she answered

“Well, hello Miss Monroe”, the voice was twisted like in one of those cliché horror movies.

Lindsay was completely awake now. “Who is this?”

“It’s not important who I am right now, just do what I say and everything is going to be just fine”

Lindsay climbed out of bed and searched for her gun. “Ah ah ah, I wouldn’t do that if I were you”

'What?! He can see me?' She turned to watch out of her window, even though the streetlights were on it was too dark to see anything. She was trying to stay calm, but when she saw a little, red dot of light on her chest she started to panic. “Who are you and what do you want from me?!”

“You’ve arrested the wrong person, detective”

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I hope you do continue it.

3. d_d_dynamite_csi

d_d_dynamite_csi Dead on Arrival

wow Thats really good I'm hooked pleas write more!

4. AmandaSzmanda

AmandaSzmanda CSI Level Two

I am intregued...continue

5. Di_Csi

Di_Csi Hit and Run

thanks and okay, I'm going to continue :)
    i will try to update as soon as possible!

6. Di_Csi

Di_Csi Hit and Run

'Omg, he killed them..' Lindsay decided to play along
    "How would you know if i arrested the wrong person?" in the corner of her eye Lindsay saw her gun lying on her coffeetable..

"You will have to figure that out by yourself, detective just take a look at your frontdoor..." Tudududuuu, and with that he hung up. Lindsay looked down and saw that the red light on her chest was gone. Good, not being held at gunpoint anymore..

quickly she grabbed her gun and decided to take a look at her frontdoor. Slowly she opened it..
    'Oh no' When she looked down she saw a very bloody knife with a note: 'This is what happens when you make mistakes'

Lindsay didn't waste any more time to call Mac.

"Taylor"

"Mac, we arrested the wrong guy! We probably have another victim too and.. and i just got a phonecall from.." she got hysterical now and started rambling about everything that happened.

"Whoa Lindsay slow down, what happened?"

Lindsay took a deep breath and explained everything.

"Alright, i'm on my way right now!"

(it's a bit short i know and i wrote it when i was in a hurry, but i'll try to post more soon!)

7. CHILI_PEPPERS

CHILI_PEPPERS Pathologist

Oh wow this is great so far!! cant wait for more!!

8. Kal

Kal Prime Suspect

ooh, i like it! more please?

9. Di_Csi

Di_Csi Hit and Run

Lindsay, now sitting in the doorway, was still waiting for Mac to arrive. She only called him a minute ago but it already seemed like ages. All sorts of thoughts were flashing through her mind. ´This is probably all my fault! We´ve put an innocent man away, and didn´t even know it! But then why did he confess to these murders if he didn´t do it?!´

She was staring at the knife, she had left it where she found it and hadn’t even pointed her finger at it.
    ´The real killer probably murdered another girl, if we had known sooner that probably wouldn’t have happened either.. How did that guy even got my phonenumber and why did he call me? I wasn’t the only one working on that case.. What if he´s going to come after me, after all he did had a gun pointed at me.. No, no lindsay don´t even think that way, just take a deep breath and everything is going to be just fine..´

“Hey there Montana!”, that made Lindsay get back to reality, away from her thoughts. When she looked up she saw the worried face of Danny Messer.

“Mac called me, are you okay? You look a bit shaken”

“Yeah, yeah I’m fine Danny.. It’s just that *sigh* I don’t know..”

“Look, Mac told me everything, he’s going to be here in a couple of minutes what do ya say if we get you a glass of water or something, okay?” , When Mac called him, he got out of bed immediately. It only took him a couple of minutes to get to Lindsays apartment, since he only lived 5 blocks away from where she lived. He knew from the look on her face when he saw her, that this had really shook her up.

“Alright”, Danny grabbed her hand and pulled her up. It was just then that Lindsay realised she was still wearing her pj’s and was standing in front of Danny.

“Uhh, I better go change first..”, she said, already starting to blush.

A little later Mac and two others from the lab arrived. They swabbed for evidence, bagged the knife and the note and then went back to the lab.

10. CHILI_PEPPERS

wow this is great so far!! cant wait for more!

11. p3karen

p3karen Rookie

wow keep going please

12. Di_Csi

Di_Csi Hit and Run

thanks guys! I´m glad you all like it :D
    i never had expected that and it really means a lot to me! :)
    I hope to post next chapter tomorrow or the day after that!
    And if you have any advice/ideas/suggestions or anything just let me know ;)

13. Di_Csi

Di_Csi Hit and Run

“So, found anything on the evidence yet?” Mac asked Danny.

“Well, according to some vibres we know that the person who put the knife in front of Lindsays door was wearing gloves. We weren’t able to find any fingerprints on the knife, but we did found this” Danny held up the note, “As you can see there are some imprints on the paper, someone has written something on the note above this one. I processed it and found out that the person who wrote this had a meeting with Jason Harisson at the Palace Restaurant 4 days ago at 7.30pm! Wich is also three blocks away from our fourth victims house.The person who wrote the message wasn't very smart by giving this away”

“Just consider it a gift from our killer. Good job by the way. Come on, let's go check it out.”

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lindsay was now sitting in the breakroom, she had changed into some comfortable clothing and then went to the lab along with everyone else. It had been incredably hot all week, now at only 5.45am it was already 26 degrees. Lindsay was glad for the fan blowing cool air around her face. She closed her eyes, carefully sipping her fresh made coffee. And enjoying the cool air she tried to clear her mind. When she opened her eyes again she saw Stella walking in.

"Hey Stel"

"Hey, how are you holding up?"

"Well I'm fine, but I've had better days", Lindsay smiled weakly.

"I heard Danny had found something on the evidence. He and Mac went to visit a restaurant where Jason Harisson and the probable killer had dinner a couple of days ago, they should be back soon".

"Yeah i know, i hope they got something on it. Do you know if the test results from the blood are back yet?" The blood had been bothering Lindsay the most, if there was another victim they at least had to know who it was.

"Yep", Stella held up a file with the results,"The blood belongs to Naomi Lewis, a 17 year old. Her parents reported her missing three days ago."

"Missing.. so the killer is changing his profile then.."

"Yeah, seems like it and.." Stella's cellphone was ringing.

"Bonasera.. yeah.. okay we'll be on our way", Stella hung up her phone. "That was Mac, seems like they found naomi's body"

------------------------------------------------------------

Danny and Mac were just on their way back to the lab when they got the call. A teenage girl was found stabbed to death in an alley. They were already processing the scene when Stella and Lindsay arrived.

"Hi guys, let me guess.. Vic's name is Naomi Lewis", Stella walked over to the body.

"Yep that's her alright", Danny replied,"She has been stabbed to death at around three in the morning. A guy came to empty some trash cans when he saw her lying over here, it scared the hell outta him"

Lindsay saw something on the ground. When she wanted to take a closer lookat it she realised she forgot to grab her kit.

"I'll be right back guys"

Lindsay walked back to her car, grabbed her kit from the backseat and locked the doors. She started walking back to the scene when she heard her phone ring, looking at the display.. 'Oh God'
    It was the killer again. She took a shaky breath before answering the phone..

(I added a few things to this post)

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Awesome plot line. Please write more soon.

15. CHILI_PEPPERS

OHH you cant stop there!! lol i love this so far cant wait for more!!