The Miniature Killer Speaks

CSI Files

Captain
For <font color=yellow>Jessica Collins</font> (Natalie Davis), when one door closed, another was opened.

Collins was cast to play Natalie after the pilot she filmed for another CBS show wasn't picked up. <font color=yellow>Anthony Zuiker</font> was in charge of The Man, and while that show did not make it, Collins did. Her role on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation was to play the elusive miniature killer. Throughout season seven, Natalie evaded the CSI team and taunted them with miniature versions of murder scenes. In the season finale, "Living Doll", Natalie kidnapped Sara Sidle (<font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font>) and left her in the desert, pinned beneath a car.

Collins said that "Dead Doll", the eighth season premiere, was "really fun" and "action-packed." The episode finally revealed Sara's fate, and the viewers also saw the series of events that started with Natalie kidnapping Sara and ended with Sara trapped in the desert. Collins took on a challenge when she stepped into the role of Natalie, who is a dark and disturbed character. "I don't look like a scary person," she told My San Antonio, "so I have to convince people that she's so off, she really could have committed those crimes."

Collins may join NBC's Heroes in the future, and she is currently filming The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond in Louisiana. As for CSI, with the season premiere over and the miniature killer arc coming to a close, Collins did not say whether she is done with the crime drama or if Natalie might return. "I would love to [come back]," she said. "I really understand now why the show has been on the air so long."

The original article is from My San Antonio.<center></center>

Back