The lies we tell (Hurricane)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by BlueDiamondStar, May 26, 2011.

1. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

(song fic)
    ---
    Csi:Miami
    Genre: Drama, H/C, Suspense, Adventure, Mystery (a bit from all genres)
    Rating: T (for language and minor violence)
    Characters: Ryan Wolfe & OC mostly, team included
    A/N: Just popped in my head while listening 30 Seconds To Mars song Hurricane.
    This is one of the most spontaneous fic that I've got, but I felt one coming since first heard the song and couldn't stop listening it for three weeks straight.
    Not sure which season but it'll be AU anyways so doesn't really matter. Might be some mentions from previous seasons.

Summary: He just tried to survive the day. But obviously it wasn't going to happen that easy. And now all he had to do is to survive the hurricane...

[PROLOGUE]

It was a sunny and remarkably hot and humid day. Like all the previous days this week. It wasn't very surprising though. Miami was a very hot place and the heat wasn't anything beyond any limits.
    So now all what's left was to take extra water and put on some reasonable clothes and turn on air conditioner in the car. So much for surviving the day.
    But little did he knew that this day wasn't going to be such a walk around the park. Someone up there had bigger idea of how to make the day.
    While getting in his car, he didn't noticed slight wind picking up and small lining of dark blue clouds just above horizon. He didn't felt the air becoming thicker and heavier. He didn't hear birds suddenly stopping their singing contest. He didn't noticed dog hiding in house next door.
    He got in his car and drove away completely unaware to the fate he was going to meet later...

2. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

[CHAPTER 1- Trouble is a Friend]
    ---
    A/N: I still have no idea why I named this fic like that but eh, whatever, my muse is havin little Ryan withdrawal.
    Oh and second thing, I don't know the distances in Miami so I might have put the road bit longer than it is in reality.
    So now I'm shutting up and writing this chapter :)
    ---
    He hadn't got half a mile on the road when the car suddenly stopped without an apparent reason. He tried to start it again and again without any luck.
    "Damn it!" he punched the steering wheel in anger. The road was completely abandoned unfortunately though, usually it was full of passing cars.
    "This is bad day. Really bad." he sighed trying but failing to unbuckle the seatbelt. He fidgeted for a while but couldn't get it off.
    "Damn! Damn you fucking car!" he cried in frustration. Finally he got too angry to get out of it so he managed to slips out of it. But at the moment he opened the door and stepped out of the car his foot met the hole on the ground and with a loud grunt Ryan Wolfe met the asphalt.
    ---
    Somewhere high above the first sign of an upcoming danger, in a form of few seagulls, hurriedly flew away from the ocean where, now little bit higher above horizon, a lining of really dark clouds were seen.

Only if he'd listened radio before heading out...
    Only if he'd been watching news channel...
    He'll know that today he better should've stayed in bed...
    ---
    "Ow! Crap!" he yelped trying to get rid of the dancing stars from his vision.
    He laid back on the ground and closed his eyes. His head hurt from the collision with the car door. His ankle hurt from possible sprain when he tripped stepping in the hole.

Slowly he opened his eyes. He blinked once hoping to clear his vision. He blinked again.
    "Oh great, what's next?" he asked to noone in particular punching asphalt with his fist.
    Finally he got bored from lying on ground and he decided to try and get up.
    It felt as an eternity but eventually he managed to stand up and get into car. Sighing he shut the door and tried ignition again.
    Suddenly with a loud purr car came to life.
    "Hallelujah! Finally!" he smiled and drove off.

For about an hour later he finally started to feel relief. He wasn't too far from lab anymore and he hoped the bad luck has left him alone.
    But at the least expected moment a weird and loud noise coming from the inside of the car.
    "Oh crap. What a day." he sighed.
    So now poor Ryan Wolfe was left completely alone in the middle of an empty road.

3. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

[CHAPTER 2]
    ~~~
    "Oh come on, come on. Dammit! Move!" Ryan barked at his car without any progress. He was trying to make the car move for the last 5 minutes but it seemed to have the mind on itself.
    His head still hurt as hell and ankle felt still now. On top of that he felt tired and thirsty. Unfortunately he didn't have anything useful in car so all he had was phone, still without signal, which he found weird.
    "Come on, please work." he pleaded one last time before giving up. Not that it was in his nature, but he was too exhausted and in too much pain to continue his fight with car.
    Slowly he laid back in his seat and sighed. Without noticing he fell asleep.
    ---
    Little did he knew about upcoming turmoil that was now even more noticeable above the horizon.
    Another few seagulls flew by. And somewhere, far away, few dogs howled. Some birds chirped before flying away.
    The road was still completely empty apart from a lone car in the middle of it. The car's owner was oblivious to the world around.
    The world that was getting ready to something big.
    ---
    "This is early morn, Sam, very early!" a voice sounded through a pillow that was placed on Michelle's head.
    "I know sleepyhead. Wake up or we'll be killed before we get to the duty." Sam wasn't ready to give up yet.
    "Shut your trap and shoot yourself!" other girl murmured through the pillow, not wanting to get up yet.
    "Ok this is how you want this." Micha mumbled and walked out of the room. After a minute she returned bringing a bucket of cold water and ice. She signaled to the fellow girl who grabbed the pillow and pulled it off, letting Sam to throw the water with ice on the sleeping girl.
    "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! Bitch! You fucking bitch!" she yelled jumping out of the bed and running away.
    "Good morn darling!" Sam said and walked out of the room.
    Still very angry, Micha threw other pillow across the room and walked into bathroom.
    This was going to be a long day....
    ~~~
    A/N: Didn't put a title yet. Couldn't thought of any.

Please I'd love to get some reviews so I'd know if at least someone likes it. Please R&R :)

4. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Ooooh loving this and hope you will like mine

5. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Oh thank you! I'm glad you like:)
    Oh definately will like yours ^_^
    ~~~
    [CHAPTER 3]
    ---
    He woke with a loud yell. For a while it was too hard for him to realise where he was what daytime it was. It took good amount of time to detect the daytime let alone calming down. His heart was beating erratically and his breathing was too fast. Finally when he was about to pass out things got better. He remembered that he was alone on the road.
    It took another 5 minutes to register that he's been asleep for about two hours and that meant he's terribly late for work.
    "Oh shit." it was true statement. He was surprised by the fact he's been out for that long time and he's late already. Again. Only this time it was pretty innocent reason.
    He sighed deeply, feeling his lungs tightening. It wasn't a good sign.
    "Not now. Shit! Not good, not good." he coughed violently. While trying to get the air back in his lungs, he rummaged through his jacket's pockets. Finding nothing he moved to the front panel, nearly ripping in to pieces. Finally he saw what he was looking for, a tiny little bottle laid on floor under the passenger seat. Feeling relief, he fidgeted with the thing when finally he managed to poke it in his mouth and push the lid. He let the medicine work before he grabbed his phone again.
    "11:45 am" the display showed.
    "Oh no. H will kill me." he fearfully thought out loud.
    What he's gonna do now? He couldn't get the car move. Then he got the idea of waking. But right that moment his ankle signaled that it was a bad idea. But he was already made up his mind. Placing phone in the pocket he put the tiny bottle in other pocket and grabbed the jacket, just in case.
    Carefully he climbed out of lie car. At first he felt dizziness taking over but after seconds it passed. Now he had to take a first step.
    "OW!" he cried when his ankle met the ground. A searing, hot pain shot through his leg and he slid down. Now it was starting to annoy stubborn young man, who tried to stand up few more times before he managed to stand. It was obvious that he wasn't going to get far. But he had to, otherwise he won't get anywhere at all. So he started to walk, slowly, step by step...
    ~~~
    I made it bit shorter than intended but only because this phone made editing two times harder.

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  6. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Oooh so excited for more and i'll post mine either tonight or tomorrow

7. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

I'll put the rest of it on the same post and add new chapter as a new post, should be easier to navigate through all this:)
    Oh can't wait yours, sounds exciting story you're up to ;)

8. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Yeah and it's gonna be a good one and i might add lyrics through it from my fav songs for certain moods

9. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

I like your idea, Kaunis Mies, I do that a lot.
    ~~~~
    [CHAPTER 4]
    ~~~
    (Still without title. Couldn't thought of any. The first one was from a song I heard on Grey's anatomy)
    ~~~
    "Lucy, please stop it. Enough already. Come on." Sam called her younger sis, who wasn't behaving again. At least they got Mich outta house in time. Though now she was the one who's late.
    "OK, ok, I'm coming!" Lucy finally gave up and ran downstairs.
    She knew they had to hurry up if they wanted to make it in time, it was sure not gonna happen.
    As always Sam and Lucy were late everywhere they have to be in time, but her sis just liked doing things differently.
    ---
    But little did they know what was going to happen. They didn't have time to watch news or listen radio. They didn't see the even thicker lining of dark, dark clouds, they didn't noticed air changing. They just didn't...
    ---
    He felt like he was walking forever. He was so three that he could barely stand, let alone walking, but pure stubbornness made him still moving.
    It was a pure torture, but he has to do it if he wanted to get away.
    For the like millionth time he pulled his phone out of the pocket. Still no reception and he was walking for about an hour now.
    "Damn you!" he yelled in frustration nearly throwing the thing away.
    He just wanted to get home, or to lab. At least there wouldn't be so hot.
    ---
    Few birds flew by looking at poor young man who was barely moving. They might wished to help but they had some more things to do, more important.
    A breeze of wind slightly picked up bringing some strands of grass with, sand on the road whirled around for a bit.
    And then it was silence again...
    ~~~~
    Now my battery of this phone is nearly empty. Will charge it now.
    Later will have some more chaps done:)
    ENJOY :)

10. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

[CHAPTER 5- Burning in the Skies]
    ~~~~
    The wind sent its breezes now and then, trashing the sand around the lone shadow, still moving along the coast-line road. It wasn't quite much but eased his inner turmoil for a bit. It wasn't like changing everything but at least he had something to take the mind off.
    He limped heavily, glancing around for some stick of sort, that would make it easier to walk. But he didn't see any.
    Eventually he carved a glance towards the ocean, for the first time really seeing.
    "Oh crap!" he let the surprise come out loud. He saw the threatening clouds coming closer to the Miami city. He stopped for a moment, realising how wrong this day could turn. And it scared him. Pulling out his phone he was sure that there was no use of the thing, when he was shocked finding one tiny signal bar.
    "Hallelujah!" he nearly jumped. Ignoring all the messages that were already arrived, he punched numbers to his first saviour.
    "Damn!"
    It was just voicemail. But he left a note, just in case.
    Now he had to try another recipient.
    "Damn it!"
    Another voicemail.
    Finally he found another person he hoped for.
    "Thank god!" he almost yelled, causing another coughing fit, right at the moment person decided to pick up.
    "Wolfe? Is that you?"
    "Walter! Thank god." he coughed again.
    "What's up Wolfe? You sound bad."
    "Walter, my car. It's broken. And I had an accident. I'm in the middle of a road, bad reception. Can you pick me up, please?" he barely managed to chocke out last words when he broke into very violent coughing fit.
    He couldn't stand anymore. It was too overwhelming and he fast lost his energy. He fell to the ground letting his phone to slip out of his hand.
    He was now laying flat on asphalt, barely catching breath.
    He found a tiny bottle and fidgeted with it trying to hold it. Finally he managed to get it into action.
    He pushed the lid untill it was empty. He threw it away, waiting for it to work.
    Finally it happened and he let the exhaustion to take over, and fell asleep...

11. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

So another chap done. As always R&R:) Reviews are very welcomed and helpful.
    ~~~
    [CHAPTER 6- World so cold.]
    ~~~~
    They were barely out on the road when Sam's phone came to life.
    "Don't pick it up!" Lucy protested.
    "I must. It's my boss. I think he wants to know why we're late again." Sam told her sister and took the phone.
    "Jane... Yes. I'm sorry. I know. We're on our way. Ok bye."

"Now you'll have to explain my boss why we're late again, Lucy."
    "Yeah and he'l kick your ass for not kicking mine." she teased. "Oh look someone miss you already" Lucky pointed at her sis's phone that has started to ring again.
    "Oh great, it's Walter." Sam murmured looking at the phone.

"Oh hello biggy, what's up? Miss Sam already?" girl teased her big sis's colleague. "Ok. Givin to sis." she said passing the phone to her sis.
    "Yeah, it's me. What's up? What? Seriously? When? Ok... I can do that. Yes. No prob. Oh man, that's not good. Ok we're almost there. Yeah will do that. I'll let ya know. See ya."
    "What was that all about?" Lucy asked.
    "Ryan. Something's happened."
    ---
    "Hey big boy anything on our case?" suddenly a voice sounded from doorway along with two people coming in the break room.
    "No snarky boy number two, there isn't anything." Walter snapped at his friend.
    "Sorry pal, no offence." Jesse put hands up and glanced at Natalia.
    "Hey Walter, no need to snap at us. Why you're so stressed?"
    "Sorry Nat, didn't mean to. I'm just worried. About Ryan. He called me. And he didn't sound good, though reception was so bad that I barely understood what he said. But what I heard didn't sound good. I sent Sam and Lucy to check out."

"Oh then we need to tell H. Or should we check out?" Natalia inquired.
    "Oh dunno. I'll wait for girls then we tell. Oh maybe check your voicemail in case he'd called." Walter suggested.
    Nat checked out her phone finding a message and listened it. It was from Ryan, and just like Walter said, he sounded bad. The worry slowly grew in the pit of her stomach. And what if something really bad has happened?
    ---
    His eyes suddenly shot open. For a moment he just laid there and blinked like a deer in headlights. Then he slowly tried to move into sitting position. But all he managed was a growl and pain shooting through various parts of his body.
    He knew that it wasn't good and that it has nothing to with the fall....
    ~~~~

12. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

[CHAPTER 7- Meet me halfway.]
    ~~~~
    The sisters kept speeding up, Lucy now holding onto seatbelt. Luckily the road was still empty. And it was also weird. Usually so vivid road was completely bare now.
    She glanced at ocean, now seeing the waves getting higher and higher...
    The lining of the dark clouds were frightening...
    ---
    His mind was still somewhere far away. He felt like he's been made of cotton.
    "oh damn it, not now, not now." he desperately thought to himself. He was used to the fight but deep inside he still hoped that it was some sort of a terrible nightmare and not reality. But he knew it wasn't.
    The wind picked up significantly throwing sand and strands of grass over him.
    Only if he could call her. There was still a chance it all ends and he can continue his way. But his clouded brain kept telling him it was not going to happen...
    ---
    Somewhere far over the ocean last remaining seagulls tried to escape their frightening fate.
    They quickened their pace barely escaping a sudden bolt of lightning. A loud grumble of thunder followed warning everyone of upcoming storm.
    Slowly, one by one, the citizens of Miami city noticed the dangerous monster creeping from the ocean.
    It was when someone finally looked out of the window, realising what the message left in his voicemail truly meant.
    ---
    Slowly his eyes cracked open. It was pretty dark now. "Is it night already?" his eyes grew wide in realisation that there was actually thunder growling far away. "Oh my god. Storm." he gasped in pain trying to shift his body. The pain was shooting through his body sending jerks and making all too difficult for poor young man.
    His body started to go into convulsions jerking him hardly. It became even harder to stay awake.
    "Please someone help me." he begged for mercy. Twelve long years of torture and hiding from everyone but right now was the moment he needed help the most...
    ---
    "Sis, we need to hurry up. I don't like what I see." Lucy said still looking out of the window.
    "I know dear. But I'm doing all I can." Sam grew very worried. They drove for pretty long time already and Ryan's car was still nowhere seen.
    Suddenly a loud yell brought her out of her reverie.
    "Sis! Look! It's Ryan's car!" Lucy jumped in her seat.
    "He shouldn't gone far." Sam silently prayed for her friend to be ok. But something deep inside told her it won't be like that.
    After a while of driving and desperate searching she saw a figue laying on the ground right in the middle of a road.
    She drove closer and at the moment she stopped Lucy leaped out of the car.
    Finally! Sam breathed relief. Now she feared only one thing- is Ryan ok?
    ~~~~
    So, how you think? Is he ok? Will he be ok? What's wrong with him anyways?
    Please let me know what you think :)

13. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

C'mon let Ryan be ok plz * puppy dog eyes *

14. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Aww... Poor baby is in very serious condition. Will be be alright?
    ~~~~
    [CHAPTER 8- Hurricane.]
    ~~~~
    "Sis, he doesn't look good." Lucy looked up at her sister wide eyed.
    "I know sweetie." Sam sighed kneeling down beside poor Ryan.
    He was very pale, even slightly bluish. It wasn't good thing. She checked over trying to detect any injuries.
    He had ugly gash over his temple and minor cuts on his face along with few bruises. There was a tiny trail of dried blood on his chin suggesting they were coughed up.
    That wasn't good, she thought, leaning over and pulling out her pen-light. "His pupils react bit slower. He might has concussion." she said to Lucy who stood beside quietly.
    "Look, his ankle's swollen up." she pointed out.
    Sam took a closer look, "Probably from that hole I saw next to his car. He might has stepped into it spraining it." She guessed.
    Then she noticed something on his neck. It was a huge scar, actually lots of scars tangled up like spider's web. They led down to his spine and disappeared beneath his clothing.
    "Sam? Is that what I'm thinking it is?" she asked fearfully.
    "Oh honey, I don't know. But it looks like something I haven't seen for ages." Sam's guessings could be right and if they were Ryan will have to explain lot of things.
    "Lucy, text Micha and tell her what's goin on. She might get something." Sam suddenly got an idea that might help later. But now she had something more to check out.
    She showly raised Ryan's shirt and stopped abruptly. A memory of something nudged her mind. She traced another set of different type of scars. These were surgical. All around his ribcage.
    This guy has some serious secrets to hide, she thought touching his ribs. Nothing looked broken. Though it suggested they were fractured many times before.
    Something terrible definately has happened with him in his past.
    She listened his breathing and found it shallow and quick.
    A sudden breeze of wind and bolt of lightning along with thunder growl freaked both sisters. And suddenly they both realised it was very dark, much darker than before.
    "We need to get away. This is not a storm. It's a hurricane...."
    ---
    And she was completely right.
    A set of black clouds reached the city bringing huge waves towards harbour.
    By the time it happened, most people were hidden away in their safe places and others were desperately trying to get away.
    Apart from the worried people in big, glassy building. They stood in front of the windows casting frightened looks out. Lights around started to flicker bringing more fear.
    And aside the three people on the road that were just now realising what can happen....
    And it was just a beginning....
    ~~~~
    Ha ha! Torture has just begun. But don't worry, poor young man will survive... Maybe... Or not?
    *puts muse into the jar*

15. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Oooh wants more