The Knights of Prosperity

Hankster

Coroner
BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! Another great sitcom! We see Donal Logue, the Dad from "Grounded For Life", playing the would-be leader of a group of thieves planning to plunder Mick Jagger's swanky Manhattan condo, thinking it will make all their dreams come true!

Though the only other star's name I recall is Sofia Vergara (RRROOOOWWWWW!!!!) This show has a lot of funny out-takes, pratfalls, and silly escapades as we see our Rebels without a clue advance their heist. The cut scenes of the cast in their orange and white shirts also make nice transitions (31456, PIMP!!!!). Anyone else like this show?

I haven't watched it yet, but I have the first episode on Tivo, and I'll watch it when I feel like watching comedy.

Kevin Michael Richardson, who plays Rockefeller Butts, who has appeared on a few television series and movies has mostly lent his voice to animated series and video games.

:lol: :lol: :lol: agreed.. funny.. silly and stupid, but so unique.. robbing Mick Jagger.. RIGHT :rolleyes:.. and Mick was great.. what a sense of humor.. he's one of the producers.. that's all he needs is more money!!! their all so dumb, but funny.. and they've got a hugh photo of Mick , in their little hideout!!!also funny, like who doesn't know what he look's like :D

I saw the first and second episodes earlier thius evening and I was crying with laughter during both. The characters were hilarious and I couldn't find anything unfunny with ths show.

I just wish poor Louis had sealed the deal with Simone--he didn't really earn that Pimp shirt!

3-1-4-6-5 PIMP!!!

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Man--nobody's posted in a bit! The last 2 episodes were GREAT!!!

First of all, Louis gets paid a visit the next day by the woman he *ALMOST* hooked up with and she returns his wallet. Meanwhile, Rockefeller Butts is using the alias Reginald Van Hoogstraaten and gets a job with the security firm that is guarding Mick's place.

The episode where Rockefeller gets the honesty test to deliver $150,000.00 to an address in Atlantic City, NJ was pretty funny. Squatch wants to split the money up, while Eugene wants to deliver it so they can live the dream. The team goes back and forth, the cab breaks down and they all stay the night in a motel (Louis sleeps in his undies next to Ezperanza and drools on her in his sleep!), and then when they finally deliver the money, it turns out to be fake $100 bills all with the Dump... ERRR... DONALD's face on them!!!

Last night's ep was even funnier--Rockefeller is a floater with the security firm and ends up doing security for SCREEECH (Dustin Diamond--who does a great PARODY of himself!). Meanwhile he befriends Ralph Carnucci, who is on Jagger's team. Under the premise of a poker game, Ralph gets brought into Glickman's and proceeds to take all the money of all the team, who are all using fake names (Eugene = Bernie, Gourishankar = Mike, Ezperanza = Madonna, Squatch = Lou, Louis = Eugene?!?!?). Well, except for Louis, who passes out under the table after a couple of shots of Tequila!

Anyhoo, Ralph is ticked about his and Rockefeller's boss at the security company, one Frank Courtland. Rockefeller got his ass chewed out because he asked for a permanent assignment. New guys are all "floaters" until a "permie" spot opens. Ralph had worked 3 years before he got his assignment with Mick, and he HATES Frank Courtland. Seeing an in-road, Eugene takes Ralph up on the top of the warehouse and talks about feeling a certain vibe from Ralph, meaning he thinks Ralph might want in on their heist. However, the vibe that ralph is getting from *Bernie* (Eugene) is that there is a romantic spark--yep, Ralph is gay--and he has just asked our fearless leader on a date.

Suffice it to say, hijinks ensue as Eugene has to overcome his extreme discomfort to try to see if he can seduce his way into getting info from Ralph. Ralph doesn't get the details, but insists he's a good Catholic boy and figures as long as he commits no other sins, Jesus will "let the whole Gay thing slide." Ralph also mentioned that he has to keep it on the down low because the last security employee that got outed was fired under suspiscious circumstances by one Frank Courtland, who is actually banging the hot secretary behind his wife's back.

After reconvening, the team is debating how to get Rockefeller a position at Mick's security detail. Gourishankar and Squatch want to "out the homosex" and get him fired, but Eugene refuses, saying "Ralph is one of us--he's working his ass off for his dreams and getting no respect." However, upon remembering what Ralph said about Frank Courtland, the team follows him around as he's out with the Secretary, snapping pictures and looking like a bunch of tourists. They then mail the pics to Frank Courtland with a letter stating "Resign NOW, or these get sent to your wife." Ralph later on gets Frank's old job and Rockefeller, alias Reginald Van Hoogstraaten is now on Mick Jagger's team! The final shot has our team marching down in their orange shirts with white lettering, all wearing these large, pink, furry, pimp hats that Gourishankar called "The Gay Hat"!

I felt a bit of a Grey's Anatomy vibe going on here as some folks wanted to out Ralph at work, something he didn't want. However, we see Eugene is not without compassion, and understands Ralph despite the fact that Eugene is straight, and instead does Ralph a big favor, in order to get the team what they needed--an inside man! While some of the usual homophobic discomfort ensues for Eugene Gurkin, overall he acts decently and with compassion--or as much as we can expect from a Blue Collar New York would-be heist ringleader!

We da Knights, baby!!!

DAMN, I missed it!! saw that it was on, and than forgot, was busy doing things!! so was Mick on at all? sounded hilarious :D

Is ti me or the last episode the one with Kelly Ripa pretty boring compard to the earlier ones. The Oswald Montecristo scenes were great along with the story of his falling in love with her. However I don't think the show is going to be able to stay as fresh and not get repetitive with the new target.

Can you image season four?

"We have tried Jagger, Ripa, Philbin, Letterman, Matt Lauer, Gene Shalit, eight soap opera stars, fifteen Rockettes, and the mayor's masion. These celebritiy homes are too hard to break into. Let's go rob a hot dog vendor or gypsy cab driver."

That's when I stop watching this when the guest is airhead Kelly Ripa.. no thank you.. what happened to the lets rob Mick Jagger? so they keep trying different celebrities ? HMMMM, don't know about that :(

They'll succed at some point! I got a laugh off of Esperanza saying "Eugene and Kelly sitting in a tree! K-E-E-S-I-N-G!!!" (Spelling it phonetically with her accent!) It was still really funny and it reminded Eugene that you can't get too close to the target!

Oswald Montecristo & Associates was HILARIOUS!!! I think that we'll see a successful job towards the end of the season... maybe... :lol:

Sad news all.

ABC has pulled the low-rated freshman comedy "The Knights of Prosperity," leaving the show's remaining episodes in limbo.

The network announced on Monday (March 5) that the next three episodes of Donal Logue-centric heist comedy will be off the schedule, starting this Wednesday. The episode titled "Operation: Rent Money" will be replaced by a repeat of "According to Jim," while repeats of "George Lopez" will take the "Prosperity" slot the following two weeks.

ABC's scheduling release stops short of calling the series cancelled, but merely says "Not yet rescheduled" next to the three pulled episodes.

"Knights of Prosperity" had a bumpy road this season. ABC initially scheduled the series for a fall launch, but held it off until January, ostensibly to allow for additional promotional time. The comedy, focusing on a group of inept thieves plotting to rob Mick Jagger, was crushed by early episodes of "American Idol" in its original 9 p.m. ET time period and shifted to 8:30 p.m. without gaining any traction.

Despite somewhat positive reviews, through its first 8 airings, "Knights" averaged just over 5.03 million viewers.

That was SUCH a freaking BUMMER! I was looking forward to the crew robbing Ray Romano after he was such a JERK to Kelly Ripa!!! How DARE Ray call Eugene Gurkin "The Gay Milkman!!!" WTF?!?!? I hope those last few eps get aired during May. This show was TOO DANG FUNNY!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back