The 'Hawaii Five-0' Premiere Takes The Top Spot

CSI Files

Captain
As CSI Files previously reported, former CSI: New York executive producer Peter Lenkov is now the showrunner on the CBS reboot of Hawaii Five-0. The series debuted on Monday, September 20. The premiere episode won the 10:00pm timeslot with 13.83 million viewers and a 3.8 rating/10 share in the key 18-49 demographic prized by advertisers. [...]

More...

I watched it and thought it was pretty good. I'll definitely keep watching.

I never watched the original but my step-dad did and after the opening scene he said, "This is a little intense for Hawaii Five-0." :lol:

The numbers for the series premiere didn't impress me at all.Last year CSI:Miami's premiere delivered 14.195 million viewers and a 4.3 in the 18/49 share.

For Hawaii Five-0 premiere I was expecting over 15 million viewers and a 4.5 in the demo.

I watched it and thought it was pretty good. I'll definitely keep watching.

I never watched the original but my step-dad did and after the opening scene he said, "This is a little intense for Hawaii Five-0." :lol:

I plan to keep watching as well, PerfectAnomaly! I really enjoyed it and thought that the casting was great. I liked watching the team come together, as well as I liked each individual member of the team. I think it's going to work just fine.

And I'm old enough that I also watched the original and my first thought was almost the same as your step-dad when they got to the first commercial break. :lol:

But I had a smile on my face and was excited to see what was going to happen. The only other shows that give me that feeling in the last couple of seasons are NCIS and Criminal Minds. So I'm happy to add to that group with a new member! :thumbsup:

I used to watch the original series, so I figured I'd give this one a chance.
It wasn't bad, but I think that my enjoyment of it will be improved if I think of it as a completely new show that just happens to have the same setting and character names as the original (much like I did with Battlestar Galactica)

I can't watch this because Jack Lord was so good, & to me no one can top him. and I've never heard or seen any of these cast members:confused:I did however watch the new "Outlaw" w/ Jimmy Smits riveting, intriguing and the debut of "The Event", also great with the handsome Blair Underwood also good, I really thought that one of these would beat out Hawaii Five-0. I'm surprised by this. I figured it would be a flop, one never knows it this TV world do they?

Last edited:
I can't watch this because Jack Lord was so good, & to me no one can top him. and I've never heard or seen any of these cast members:confused:I did however watch the new "Outlaw" w/ Jimmy Smits riveting, intriguing and the debut of "The Event", also great with the handsome Blair Underwood also good, I really thought that one of these would beat out Hawaii Five-0. I'm surprised by this. I figured it would be a flop, one never knows it this TV world do they?

The Hawaii 5-0 cast is pretty well known. Scott Caan is from the Ocean's Eleven franchise; Daniel Dae Kim was a series regular on Lost, and did quite a few episodes of 24; Grace Park was a regular on The Cleaner as well as appearing in an episode of CSI during season nine. The "biggest" name from the cast is Alex O'Loughlin, who has starred on two prior CBS shows (Moonlight and Three Rivers; both bombed, but CBS is obsessed with him anyway).

Having never seen the original before, I thought the episode on Monday was okay. O'Loughlin is probably my biggest complaint about the series. He can't act.

Back