The good news thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by mimic, Apr 15, 2008.

1. mimic

mimic Hit and Run

So, apologies if this kind of thing should be posted somewhere else; I didn't see a thread that would fit in my quick survey of the forum.

Anyway, I have some good news. It came in the form of an email that read:
    So....Whoohoo! I only applied to this program and have been anxiously awaiting an answer for 6 weeks. They were supposed to notify me 2-3 weeks after I submitted the application. Lies! Anyway, I'm quite pleased, since otherwise I'd have graduated with absolutely nothing planned for the future. :thumbsup:

So, what good things have happened to the rest of you recently?

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

[​IMG] to you mimic good luck, that's great, your future sounds promising, and I guess just being alive and well is good news for me. so I'll go with that for now:thumbsup:

3. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

Congrats Mimic! Thats fab. You go girl!

Well my good news is I've been asked to join a hockey team after some guy saw me play. Its pretty much been the highlight of my term :) I'm happy! Glad to be alive like desertwind said!

4. Austin

Austin Hit and Run

I am happy for you all! WooHoo!

My good news is actually for the farmer behind us. This morning his barn caught on fire and thankfully none of his animals were killed. His home and other property wasn't damaged and no one was hurt. I love to be woke up by the rooster. (except at 4am)

5. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Good news? What's good news?

6. Austin

Austin Hit and Run

I'm finally getting my anique hutch I inherited 10 years ago! SHEESH! The gas...

7. allmaple

allmaple Judge

aaaaaaaahhhh!!!!! ok now that ive gotten that out... i had a message on the phone today that my application is being forwarded to the interview comitee for st georges university (vet school in grenada) and they will be emailing me to set up an interview!!! one step closer to being accepted! woo hoo!!! *does happy dance* :D

8. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Congrats allmaple :) That's great news! Good Luck with your interview. Vet school is really hard to get into! Wow, really well done!

I've just finished a performance with my theater company, and an agent came to watch on the second night. He liked it so much he came back on the final night, took my PO box number and said he'd like to get in touch with me :). Yey, I'm excited, but I'm not holding my breath. I know how unreliable agents can be. But still, tis good news for my career :).

9. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Well done :D

Good news is so fantastic.

And adorelo, that sounds like very good news :)

My good news isn't really anything that great, but I just booked a holiday to Miami, I'm so excited, never been to the USA :D

10. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Oh, have fun in Miami, bubbles :). Soak up the sun and play with the sand.

And I have more god news. It's been a great week for me. Aside from exams (which have all gone relatively okay) my days have been very smiley :).

I got word today that I got the part in A streetcar named Desire, by Tennessee Williams. I'm playing Blanche DuBois :D Yey. Obviously, it's with a theater group, as Blanche is supposed to be an older woman and I'm really, well, not. But still, it's a great part and I can't wait to get started, especially since it's a group I've not worked with before. I like new people.

Come on, guys, share, share :D. What's good with your lives?

11. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Congrats adorelo :D.....and Bubbles dont forget your suncream :p

I did three exams this week :D....Only about 10 left them :lol:

12. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

I have no more classes! :lol: And I got a letter saying that I could come for an interview in the first week of June.. for my next school. I'd been waiting for that letter.. :D Finally getting to learn a real job. :rolleyes: :D Finally..

13. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Umm I handed in my multiplayer game this week felt soo good finishing and me and my mate are really happy with the final copy of it... And it just makes it better because i only have one piece of coursework left ever and thats due wednesday and then no coursework ever in my life... scary.

14. csisue

csisue Hit and Run

My son was inducted into the National Junior Honor Society. That is the best news for me. I am so proud of him. I could not ask for anything more.

15. mimic

mimic Hit and Run

I graduated from Penn State with a BS in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology this morning. Penn State does each ceremony by college, and mine was probably the first to go - 9 AM. The commencement speaker was decent (Dr. Phillip Sharp) and it didn't last too long.