The evolution of CSI: NY.

I had a brief skim through some of the comments, and I agree, there definitely has been a huge overall in CSI:NY over the years. Something that took CSI quite some time to do, that series didn't lighten up for quite some time (IMO)

NY started in the dark end of the city and has gradually worked it's way to upper class Manhattan so it seems. I still l enjoy NY (my top out of the three at the moment) but it has lost, if not all, it's grittiness but then so have the other two shows.

It seems like when the shows reached tipping point in popularity they shifted to fit a more mainstream edge. Granted all shows have to grow, and as they do more money is thrown at them and when it does, these shows will undoubtedly change.

The one thing I'm definitely not comfortable with, as with CSI too, is the lack of character rotation. I'm really fed up with the barely there presence of main characters. Hawkes & Flack have recently been pushed aside, and Stella somewhat too. I love Danny, but even he's getting a little too much screen time for my liking!

Or maybe it's just me?

It won't stop me from watching, yes I do reminisce for the 'old' CSI:NY, which then prompts me to pop in the season 1&2 DVD's.

At the end of the day it still entertains me no matter how much of a difference I can see through the season progressions. The minute I stop being entertained is when I'll stop watching, like it did with Miami, I've got season five on DVD but still have no idea what happened through the entire thing and yet to watch the season finale!

Back