The Event

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Desertwind, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WOW:bolian: another riveting new series, from the beginning to the end intriguing, suspensful and really good. I really enjoyed seeing Blair Underwood, who plays the president, how ironic, and he's sooo good-looking. Here's a quick review with Matt Roush from the TV Guide, and a brief summary from Zap2it.com

This lavish and gripping high-concept conspiracy thriller is desperate to be the Next Big Thing, but risks being a Big What if it doesn't pull back on the pilot's chaotic time jumps. Good thing Jason Ritter's hero makes us care what happens next

THE EVENT OVERVIEW ~spoilers included about upcoming episodes~

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I liked it but it hasn't had that "grab" factor for me yet. I will give it a few episodes to reel me in though because it wasn't bad. Waiting for all the "Lost Forward" jokes though! :lol:

3. Desertwind

From the new TV Guide in the Cheers and Jeers section~

CHEERS to "The Event" for electing to the cast Blair Underwood, as the president. As chief exec. Elias Martinez, the eternally charismatic leading man brings a much-needed gravitas to NBC's far-fetched head scratcher. The L.A. Law grad's road to the White House has been paved with increasingly intirguing roles in recent years. He showed a flair for comedy as Julia Louis-Dreyfus' schoolteacher love interest on the regrettably canceled "The New Adventures of Old Christine" and earned a well-deserved Golden Globe nod as a traumatized military pilot on HBO's "In Treatment". Now his ascension to the Oval Office is change we can believe in:bolian: [he's fabulous, and what a treat to just look at him]~

Bruce Fretts.. TV Guide~Sept. 27-Oct. 3~

4. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i liked this show it was pretty good. i like how movies and shows jump around to different times and points in the story. i just really hope it doesn't get canceled like "Flashforward", everything with a different plot and something you have to pay attention to always gets canceled.

5. Desertwind

This show was re-runed last night and some family members caught it and loved it. I hope it is a hit, it's really riveting and may different twists and turns, and then there's Blair Underwood:p

6. Desertwind

Sophia is taken into custody by Sterling:the conspiracy's web catches an FBI agent and a mercenary

TV Guide..Sept. 27-Oct.3~

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Wow! This show is awesome! I'm not a fan of sci-fi and serialized shows but this one got me. I like the pilot episode as well as tonight's. What an intriguing and chilling way to end the episode! The flashbacks annoyed me at first but I'm getting used to it plus it's a good way of knowing the characters.

8. Desertwind

I agree with everything you said. It is a bit puzzling to follow, like "WHAT" but it's beginning to come together. Jason Ritter is great, and wow, he's so set-up and a patsy. for a murder he didn't commit the question is "WHY", so there is a cult of some sort? and isn't Blair Underwood delicious? lord he's handsome:p very intense and mesmorizing:eek:

9. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I thought I'm the only one puzzled. But I have to admit the episodes are getting more exciting to watch. I wonder how all those people died. I still don't understand the whole situation. I hope we'll get some answers in the future.

10. Desertwind

A review from the new TV Guide about "The Event"~

Look's like "The Event's" super-secretve Sophia Maguire [Laura Innes]-the leader of several lontime detainees of the U.S. Government-has started opening up about her group's top-secret origins. Why now? She has faith in the U.S. president Elias Martinez [Blair Underwood]. "Sophia's got a gut feeling that now, at last, there is a beacon of hope for her people", says the ER vet. "With Martinez, she will do everything she can to maintain the proper order of life, truth and decency". Currently shooting her 7th episode Innes has received many more insights into the mysteries behind her character, but still hasn't acted-including central protagonist Jason Ritter [Sean Walker]. She's hopeful that she soon will. "This series unfolds all these intricate relationships and reveals how characters are interconnected in unexpected ways", says Innes. Among those ties will be a suitor for Sophia, "but it's a bit paculiar, hints the actress, and I can't say anymore" When the public learns the secret behind Sophia's youthful appearance, she'll be a natural to launch her own skin-care line, jokes Innes "QVC, here I come"

William Keck..TV Guide writer~

11. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

It's hard not to compare this with shows like Lost of even Battlestar Galactica with the whole "alien" concept but I like it so far. Jason Ritter is good and I gotta find out who those people they met on the cruise really are :lol:

12. BabaOReilly

Hmmm. I'll give it another week or two to get better but... I'm afraid NBC has not really created anything original here. It's feeling pretty simplistic to me- like a dumbed down Lost.

Like I said, I'll give it another watch or 2, but the second episode didn't really inspire me to carry on that much.

13. Desertwind

This show is so great, and it's beginning to peel back the layers of the cult, the president and why did Jason get set up for a murder he didn't commit? It keeps one's interest throughout, and is intriguing and riveting. And then there's Blair Underwood. So handsome, a good actor and so smooth:p I think this one is a hit~

14. Desertwind

Blair Underwood was on "Live With Regis and Kelly" this morning & OMG he's drop dead gorgeous. He told them how they film the pilot, and then 5 months later they air the show. He said "I looked at myself and go 'brother' you need to lose some weight", so he lost 20 pounds. :p

The Martinez administration tries to make Sophia come clean about the detainees' plan

TV Guide~

15. BabaOReilly

This third episode was much better than eps one and two... I may hang in there for a couple more afer all. Let's hope it keeps getting better.