The Cupid finally shoots

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by shell_kikii, Sep 9, 2008.

1. shell_kikii

shell_kikii Lab Technician

The new season's coming. I just can't stop my imaginations on the smack scenes. :lol:(I just finished the other fanfic a few days ago.:p) Please tolerate my new piece here. It started from a new angle.

I do not own any characters or story lines of the CSI NY.

The Cupid finally shoots

“Detective Bonasera.” Reed raised his hand when he saw Stella entered the café.
    “Hey, Reed.” Stella smiled and sat across from Reed. “Just call me Stella please. You looked great. How’s the wound in your neck? Still hurt?”
    “No. It was healed, just left a pink scar.” Reed touched his neck when he talked.
    “You know, you can have it remove by some cosmetic surgery.” Stella suggested.
    “It’s OK. It reminds me to be more careful, more discreet and considerate. I’m glad that was me instead of other people got hurt. I still feel sorry for the cop who was wrongly killed and the dead woman in the trunk.” Reed was upset.
    “You did nothing wrong. You just want to make your career succeed. But you’re right, more careful, discreet and considerate are always good for doing anything. Do you still go to the Psychologist? You should talk to somebody, don’t keep those feelings to yourself. Or you can talk to Mac. Although he’s busy with work, he would listen to you if you needed him.” Stella was concerned.
    “I will, don’t worry about me.” Reed took a deep breath. “Today I asked you to come here is to give you this.” Reed pushed a little paper box across the table to Stella.
    “What is it?” Stella opened the box. “It’s a paperweight. It’s beautiful! You made it yourself? What is this about?” Stella was confused.
    “A gift to thank you for saved my life. I made it when I was in high school when I decided to find my own mother. I didn’t know she want me to find her or not. And I didn’t know what to say to her. So I made her this paperweight. Now, she was gone. I think I should give it to you.” Reed smiled.
    “Oh! No, no. no. I can’t take it. It’s too much for me. I was just doing my job to help you when you got hurt. I don’t consider it as saved you life. In fact, it was Mac who saved you and sent you to the hospital.” Stella put the paperweight back in the box and pushed it to Reed.
    “You know why I mistaken you as my mother when I first saw you?” Reed was a little shy. “I felt heart-warming. Seeing you walked out the door with Mac, you two were a perfect couple. I imagined we were family. You know, dad and mom and son. I had this warm feeling too when I was hurt in that basement. I didn’t really see you and Mac, but I could feel. When I heard your voices, I felt safe. Please take it, Stella.” Reed pushed the box again.
    “Oh my god!” Stella covered her blushing faces with her hands. “Reed, Mac and I are old friends. I knew him when your mom was here. What a strange feeling you’re having! I…I don’t know what to say.” Stella gave up. “May be you should give it to Mac. He’s your family.”
    “No. You keep it. You can give it to Mac if you want.” Reed grinned and stood up.
    Stella stood up but Reed was already out of the door.
    Stella sat down again. She picked up the paperweight and examined it like some evidence. A strange feeling filled her heart.
    -----------------------------------------
    Stella was lost in thought when the elevator door opened. She got out in time while the door was closing. The first person she saw was Mac, who she didn’t want to see right now.
    “Stella, where have you been?” Mac said.
    “Mmm, it’s Reed. He asked me out.” She answered absently.
    “He what?” Mac was confused.
    “Oh, I meant we have a cup of coffee.” Stella added quickly. She turned and headed to her office. Mac followed her.
    “So, what’s up?” She pretended to look for something in the files. She didn’t think she could look in his eyes and acting normal.
    “Yeah, it’s about the Dodge’s case. The fingerprint match came back negative. We have to look in different directions.” Mac stopped and looked at Stella. “You looked strange. Something wrong?”
    “What? No, no. no. I’m going back to the scene right now.” Stella hurried out.
    “Stella, I’ll call Reed if you don’t tell.” Mac threatened.
    “DON’T. Don’t call Reed. Just give me some time, alright. I’ll figure it out.”
    -----------------------------------------------
    With a glass of red wine, Stella nestled in the couch. Why did she feel something strange about Mac today? Why did her heart racing when she saw Mac today? She sighed. She already knew the answer. She just chose to cover up her real feelings in the past years. She didn’t dare to test the water. Today, Reed’s talk revealed it.
    The phone rang. She got up lazily to get the receiver.
    “Stella.” Mac’s voice was coming through the receiver.
    “Hey, why are you calling so late? You still working?” Stella was both happy and disturb to hear Mac’s voice.
    “No. I’m calling from my home. I just want to know if you’re OK.”
    “Everything’s fine, thank you Mac.” Stella smiled.
    “Alright. See you tomorrow then.”
    “Yay, see you.” She hung up.
    He always called her at home when he knew something was troubling her, even though it was late. It was sweet of him. Stella appreciated his concern but wouldn’t take it for granted. She knew it could be really hurt when he found someone. She finished her drink and get ready to bed.

2. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

I love this story Shell kikii. How i wished their relationship started like that. It's a nice beginning for both of them. :drool::drool:. Can't wait for your coming up chapter. :D Thank you for writing these.. :)

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

This cracked me up. :lol: Reed, the little matchmaker. hehe. Cute!

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Aw don't stop, keep going!

5. shell_kikii

Thank you for the nice feedbacks.;) Here's part 2.

p.s. Asprine, hope you've read my first fanfic "move on and stop the torture'. I wrote it in a different angle.:)

Dave Dodge’s body was found in his apartment yesterday afternoon. He was a freelance writer, 27. Mac worked the case with Stella. They found some fingerprints, a wad of bloody toilet paper and some naked girl pictures. According to the autopsy report, the man died from multiple hits to the back of his head. And he had sexual activity before he was killed. The murder weapon might be a rock. The CSI didn’t find any rock in the house. The fingerprints on the pictures belong to the victim. The other prints found in the house didn’t match anyone in the system.
    “Stella.” Mac called out from his office when he saw Stella passing by.
    “Good morning, Mac.” Stella had recovered from yesterday’s shock.
    “Morning.” Mac said and gave her a file. “Here’s the DNA report on the bloody toilet paper in the Dodge’s case. Blood and virginal fluid. DNA matches the one we swabbed from the vic. But we don’t have a name.”
    “You mean…” Stella frowned.
    “Yeah, we have to look into the vic’s female relationship. Maybe this girl didn’t go to bed willingly. And she killed him afterward.”
    “Oh my god, I hate this.” Stella whispered to herself.
    ----------------------------------------
    Adam was typing frantically on the PC keyboard when Mac and Stella came in.
    “Anything on the vic’s blog?” Mac asked.
    “Yeah, this guy had fished a bunch of sexy girls. The key word is GIRLS. Age range is fifteen to nineteen. He had written every detail of his romance on the blog like some fictions. Man, he thought he was really Don Juan.” Adam laughed.
    “I don’t think this is funny.” Stella said with a grim face.
    “Sorry.” Adam stopped laughing and sat straight.
    “How did he fish?” Mac glanced at Stella and asked.
    “Well, according to his blog. He’d fished in the bars, coffee shops, bodegas, even in the streets. Bought fancy stuffs to the girls and finally have they followed him home. He would take naked photos of the girls and sold in the internet. He’d been in this business for years. Some girls didn’t mind except this one called Apple. He said it might take him some time but he thought she was worth it. He said he could smell vir…gin.” Adam said the last word in a very low volume and peeked at Stella.
    “You think it’s a real name? ‘Apple’?” Mac asked Stella.
    “I don’t know. We should start from the places this guy mentioned on his blog. That means the whole New York city.” Stella waved her hands to make a big circle in the air. Mac could sense frustration and anger in her voice.
    “Adam, pull out the VISA records. Let’s see if there are any favorite spots.” Mac said.
    They found the vic was active around his residence and gym. There were five places he went regularly.
    “Alright, let’s go.” Stella turned and ready to leave, then she turned back to Adam. “Thank you, Adam.”
    “No problem.” Adam answered with a shy smile.

6. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Aw.. Kikii, This chapter rawks! Poor Adam.. :lol: Hope they find the killer soon but it serves the guy right.. For taking and tricking women like that. :lol: Well, can't wait for your next coming chapter. :drool::drool: Mostly, I can't wait for SMacked and Reed the matchmaker. :lol: Anyway, can you post the link somewhere for me? Maybe in Mac/Stella Thread or PM? Cause i don't seem to find that. Thank you.. :) I appreciate your stories so much. :)

7. shell_kikii

I feel like I just can't stop. :p Here's part 3.

“Of course I know her.” The grocery staff, Bob, pointed to some pictures on the board behind him. They were pictures of father and daughter. The pretty girl smiled sweetly and leaned against her father.
    “Only Apple is not her name. She used it just for fun. She’s a good girl, straight A student. Her dad owns this shop and other two in the city. Susan only showed up when her mom came up some crazy ideas to mess up with her dad. They were separated.” Bob continued.
    “What’s her real name? When did you last see her?” Mac asked.
    “Her name is Susan Brown. She came by yesterday. I don’t know when she left.”
    Stella showed the picture of the vic. “Do you know this guy?”
    “Yeah, he’s a regular. I don’t like him. Most of the time, he was here to look for fun. You know what I mean." Bob made a face. " He tried to hook Susan up a few times. She just kept rejecting. Flirted a little bit but didn’t take anything serious. He was here yesterday. What happened? Is Susan in trouble?” Bob was alerted.
    “Do you know where Susan and her mom lived?” Mac asked.
    “Yeah.” He reluctantly wrote an address on a piece of paper and handed to Mac.
    “How old is Susan?” Stella asked.
    “Sixteen next month.”
    “Thank you.” Mac and Stella left.
    ----------------------------------------
    Stella didn’t say a word after they got out of the grocery shop. Mac glanced at her several times through the mirror.
    “You alright?” Mac was concerned.
    “No, I’m not. God, she’s not even sixteen! What a monster to did something like this to her? I wish he’s still alive. I would kick his balls out and dump him into the tiger cage.” Stella said with clenched teeth.
    “Stella, this is not your first day in the line of duty. We’ve seen much evil things. And we’ll see more in the future. For your own sake, you must isolate your personal feelings from work. It’s our job to prove the suspects guilt. No matter what, she must pay for what she did.” Mac knew he’d said the same words to her like hundred times. He could understand her anger. She was such a compassionate soul. He hoped he could share her unhappiness. Instead, he kept telling her the reality and let her find her own way out.
    “Flack is waiting there with a warrant. We have to search the place for the murder weapon.” Mac added.
    Stella didn’t say another word. She looked out of the window to the busy New York streets. Mac was puzzled. He knew something else was troubling her. She was acting strange since she had coffee with Reed yesterday. He wished he could call Reed in spite of Stella’s objection, but he knew her too well. She would rather to deal with the problem by herself if she could. And she would tell him everything if she wanted to.
    Otherwise, there was no way he could help.
    Stella was upset not only because of the case. She thought she had sealed up her feelings for Mac again last night, but she hadn’t. Every glance, every caring word he gave her was nagging her. She wanted to tell him all Reed had said. She wanted to tell him she’d loved him so many years. But she couldn’t. She knew he loved his late wife. She was there for him every single day, but he had chosen Peyton over her. She closed her eyes and tried to focus on the work.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  8. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Aw.. Stella is taking this case seriously over.. :( Hopes Mac will help her to settle with that. *Sighs* Poor Susan.. not even 16 yet! :) I wonder "what is Stella thinking about when Mac is talking to her. Does Mac feels the same as her?" Love this chapter.. Can't wait for SMacked but take it slow.. I will wait :lol:. I love writing reviews because i love reading Mac and Stella Fictions. Thank you Kikii.. :)

9. MacsGirlMel

So why not tell him????

10. shell_kikii

Thank you Asprine and MacGirlMel.;)

Mel, (I hope you don't mind I've shortened you name:)) in response to your question, I've added few lines to part 3. Please tell me if you like it. Thanks again.

11. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

You're welcome, Kikii. I just read that few lines that you just added. Its lovely even though its short. I finally know what Stella is thinking :). I'm sad for her.. That Mac chose Peyton over her. But now she's gone! That was perfect.. I don't have to change my channel everytime i see her. :lol: :devil:. Seriously, I can't wait for your next chapter. I bet it would be really extra interesting and lovely! :) For your information, I don't like that few lines but i love love love love love love it! :D

12. MacsGirlMel

I like it :) So she should still tell him lol.

13. shell_kikii

Thank you again Asprine and MacGirlMel.

Mel, may be she should tell, may be not, :)there's always a 'what if...'. Sometimes gussing is more fun. ;)But don't worry, there is always a happy ending in my story.

Here's part 4. Your comments are welcome.

“NYPD, Mrs. Brown. I’m Detective Flack. This is Detective Taylor and Detective Bonasera. Here’s a warrant to search you house.” Flack flashed his badge and the warrant to the woman who answered the door.
    “Why? What did we do?” The woman panicked.
    “We have reason to believe your daughter is involved in a murder case. Is she home?”
    “She… she’s in her room.” Mrs. Brown pointed to the room. She followed when the detectives approached the room. “This is must be a mistake. She’s a good girl. She didn’t do anything wrong.”
    Stella knocked at the door. “Susan, this is Detective Bonasera. Please open the door. We have to talk.”
    Silence.
    “Susan…” Stella knocked again.
    “Go away! I don’t want to talk.” The girl started to cry and threw things onto the door.
    “Susan, we are here to help you. We can do that only when you tell us what happened. Please calm down and come out.” Stella said patiently.
    “I killed him. He deserved it. You know what he’d done to me, don’t you? HE DESERVED IT!” She became hysterics.
    Mac gave Flack a signal to kick down the door. They saw the crying girl held a paper cutter in one hand with the other hand bleeding on the wrist. She shook her head fiercely. “Don’t come in.” She placed the cutter on her neck.
    “Oh baby! Please don’t do that!” The mother cried and tried to get into the room. Flack blocked her and took her out of the house to a policewoman.
    Mac slowly placed his hand on the butt of his weapon. Stella raised both hands up and started forward with one little step a time.
    “Susan, please put down the cutter. We don’t want you to hurt yourself anymore. Looked at your mom, she’s so upset. And your dad, he loves you so much. I’ve seen the pictures at his shop. He’s so proud of you. We know what happened. We can’t help you if you don’t calm down and talk to us.” Stella stopped in the middle of the room, Susan leaned against the window.
    “My mom loves herself only. If it was not her, I wouldn’t go to the shop yesterday. All a sudden, she wanted to build this stupid fountain in the backyard. She had me took the rock sample to my dad.” Susan slid down and sat on the floor. Mac and Stella waited quietly while she was crying.
    “What happened then?” Stella asked gently. She crouched in front of Susan.
    “My dad was not there. Bob said he was not feeling good so he stayed at home.” She paused and wiped the tears with the back of her hand. “I was leaving, and this guy said he had some beautiful rocks that he collected from difference places in the world. He could show me if I wanted to see. I’d seen him several times in the shop. I didn’t think he would do any harm, so I followed him home. He…” She cried again. “There was no rock. He…” She cried hysterically.
    Stella gave her a minute. “Susan, we need you to come with us.” She extended her hand to Susan but she slapped it away. “No. I would rather die.”
    Susan moved the cutter to her neck and Stella grabbed her hand. At the same time, Mac rushed forward to help. Susan fought so hard that she slashed Stella’s cheek and pushed her to the wall. Mac held her hands from behind. Flack came in and cuffed her.
    “Call paramedic.” Mac ordered and checked on Stella.
    “You OK? Don’t move. Bus’s on the way.” Mac took out a handkerchief to stop the bleeding. Stella covered the back of her head with one hand and leaned forward on Mac’s shoulder.
    “Mac, help her, please.” Stella said weakly.
    “I’ll take care of it.” Mac stroked her hair and kissed the top of her head.
    Stella’s heart skipped a beat. Was it her delusion? She must bump her head really bad!
    She knew Mac over a decade. She had kissed him on the cheek several times. And they had shared a couple of hugs. But a kiss from Mac, though on her head, was new to both of them. What did it mean? Well, maybe nothing at all!

14. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

You're welcome again.. Kikii. :) This chapter is hilarious. I don't know why. But it's funny because i can't believe that Mac kissed her forehead. :lol: *Wonders if Mac feels the same as Stella* I love this case. One of my favourite so far. Your imagination is good. You connected them with the CSI's emotional feelings. :) Can't wait for more chapters from you.. :drool::drool:. Thank you kikii.. :)

15. AnJella

AnJella CSI Level One

*smacks herself for not finding this story earlier*
    Oh my word! I love the story! You're doing a great job!:thumbsup:
    Can't wait for more!