The City Never Sleeps

CSI Files

Captain
The fourth season of CSI: New York starts with a murder on one of the Big Apple's most famous landmarks.

In, "Can You Hear Me Now?", Mac Taylor (<font color=yellow>Gary Sinise</font>) returns to the city in time to investigate a murder that left blood on the Statue of Liberty. The team must hurry to save a famous musician from a vigilante killer. Executive producer <font color=yellow>Pam Veasey</font> and <font color=yellow>Zachary Reiter</font> wrote the episode.

The 30-second promo can be seen below, followed by a transcript.

<center><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dfB5LD_nhIA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dfB5LD_nhIA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object></center>

<dl><dt>
can_you_hear_me_now_1.gif
<dd>[Text over: 'Wednesday, September 26']<dd>[Shot of the Statue of Liberty]<dd>[Mac Taylor looks up from where he kneels next to a railing]<dd>[Stella Bonasera walks quickly, her gun raised in front of her]<dd>[Text over: 'The biggest city']

</dt><dt>THE BIGGEST CITY

<dd>[Man repels down the side of a building]<dd>[Sid Hammerback examines a human hand]<dd>[Very quick flashes: helicopter, person holding a 'New Jersey' sign, Mac holding something, Mac looking over a ledge]<dd>[Text over: The biggest crime scene']

</dt><dt>THE BIGGEST CRIME SCENE

can_you_hear_me_now_2.gif
<dd>[The Statue of Liberty has blood splashed down the face]<dd>[Danny Messer dangles in front of Lady Liberty's nose]<dd>[Mac looks to his left]<dd>Mac: Nothing's sacred anymore.<dd>[Text over: 'The most chilling mysteries']

</dt><dt>THE CHILLING MYSTERIES

<dd>[Danny leans over a table as Mac walks into the interrogation room]<dd>Danny: Where's the bomb?<dd>[Text over: 'That will keep you guessing']

</dt><dt>THAT WILL KEEP YOU GUESSING

<dd>[A girl hurries out of a car]<dd>[Don Flack hurries after her, wearing a suit]<dd>Flack: NYPD!<dd>[Stella speaks into a walkie-talkie, her gun in her hand]<dd>Stella: We need back-up.<dd>[Text over: 'All season long']

</dt><dt>ALL SEASON LONG

can_you_hear_me_now_3.gif
<dd>[Close on Stella as she speaks]<dd>Stella: He's taunting us.<dd>[Someone in a diving suit surfaces from the water]<dd>[Flack sits in a car, looking out at the flames next to the driver side door]<dd>[Close-up of Mac's face]<dd>Mac: He's playing a very real game, and I'm the target.<dd>[A man stands behind a woman and opens her shirt]<dd>[Close-up of a man's face, eyes closed and mouth open in pain]<dd>[A black car drives fast down the street]<dd>[Stella stands by as two men scuffle]<dd>[Close-up of a hand with no skin on it]<dd>[Close-up of a man as he gasps for breath]<dd>[A woman leans against a wall with a man standing in front of her]<dd>[Danny holds his gun in front of him]<dd>[Close-up of a clock reading 3:33]<dd>[Danny looks up from where he is hanging in front of the face of the Statue of Liberty]<dd>Danny: Welcome to the party.

</dt><dt>THE CSI: NEW YORK SEASON PREMIERE, WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26 ON CBS.

<dd>[Text over: 'CSI: NY, Season premiere, Wednesday, Sept. 26, 10/9 c']</dt></dl>

"Can You Hear Me Now?" airs September 26, 2007 on CBS. Thanks to <font color=yellow>bexatious</font> on YouTube.<center></center>

Whoa! It looks like a pretty exciting start to the new season. :D I'm really looking forward to the first few episodes...but after the beating Danny took in Snow Day I'm still annoyed that they have him abseiling down the Statue of Liberty, I was hoping for just a little bit of continuity regarding his injuries. :p

^
^
I just heard that song a couple of weeks ago, and I love it :lol:

Danny's seriously repelling down the Statue..? It's boggling my mind right now. LOL. How is he allowed to do that.

I wonder if he apologizes for practically sitting on Lady Liberty's nose? :lol:

Danny sitting on ‘Lady Liberty’s nose’ :lol: might be the not so subtle way to remind the viewers that this show is supposed to play in NY. Looking at the cases from season three with all the rich, beautiful, white people in it, it is kind of hard to remember that. :rolleyes:

Is it just me or are most oft the scenes in the promo quite dark? Might there be a chance to get a little bit of the season one look back? That would be amazing.

However, the promo looks great and I’m looking forward to season four, actually I’m counting the days. And thanks for the transcript; because of the fast cuts I surely missed some details. :)

Yeah, I noticed that a lot of it looked dark--not helpful when you're trying to figure out what's going on and who's who. :lol: (Like, is that Hawkes coming up in the diving suit? I think so, but I can't be 100% sure. And was that Danny tackling the guy/getting tackled? *scratches head*)

The thing about NY is that the first few episodes have scenes that are shot in NYC itself, so they prominently display the landmarks--and then midway through the season, it becomes any-old-city again, for the most part. Oh well, it's better than nothing I guess.

And thanks for the transcript; because of the fast cuts I surely missed some details.
And I'm sure I missed some of the clips because of the fast cutting. :lol: Geez, the NY promos are spaztic, and YouTube doesn't like me enough to let me pause and go frame-by-frame--it always skips stuff or stops on blurry frames.

And looking at the screencaps makes me wince. >.<

And was that Danny tackling the guy/getting tackled? *scratches head*

I shamefully admit I went over the preview in slow-mo, and Im almost positive it's Flack who tackles the guy (you're talking about the one in the stairway/hallway, yes..?).

Yeah, that one. I tried freezing it and going back and forth, but I couldn't figure it out...

^
^
Flack's the one doing the tackling. The suspect/other guy is up against a wall or door and Flack comes up behind him and throws him to the ground.

Which I kind of don't get because it looks like Stella & two other uniformed officers are standing right there. Why would they wait for Flack..?

Back