Telenovelas

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by CSIvela, Jun 9, 2008.

1. CSIvela

CSIvela Hit and Run

Besides our beloved CSI of course ;), do any of you watch telenovelas? You know, those dramas where everyone is over the top and the plots and show are just tooo addictive?

If any of you watch 'em, post here and post which kinds of novelas you like.

Personally, I like novelas from pretty much anywhere, but I love Televisa (Mexico), RCTV (Venezuela), and I'm starting to watch Globo (Brazil) the most.

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Sounds like CSI: Miami. Anyway, my cable system does not carry any on the 75 or so channels that I get. Can't afford the upper tier so I don't know if there are any.

3. CSIvela

CSIvela Hit and Run

You don't need cable/satellite. Your local channels should have Univision and Telemundo. Telefutura too, hopefully.

The primetime lineup on Univision sucks right now, but there's a new novela coming on June 23 Uni at 7 PM/6 PM Central called Querida Enemiga that's supposed to be REALLY good.

Telefutura mainly plays repeats of old novelas, and they're the best.

Telemundo's novelas suck and they don't play Globos anymore.

So, basically, stick to the repeats (on Univision at 1 AM/Midnight C and Noon/11 AM C) and Telefutura and QE if you want good stuff.

4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Don't get those local channels here, either. Just CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, CW, and PBS.

5. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I love telenovelas. mostly because I love Spanish and I love happy endings

I prefer Argentinian ones - they are funny and they have some pretty great actors down there. but you dont get to see much of them in US as far as I know. same goes for Venezuela

Telemundo is good technical-wise, they usually have either the most beautiful or the best actors. and great sets. though not all stories are that good. and I have a weak spot for Venezeuela too. not that fond of Mexico though. too much melodrama. its like watching CSI: Miami with a little more praying and a lot more melodrama. they have their moments though - usually when Fernando Colunga is involved. or Victoria Ruffo

my favorite ones are Muneca Brava, Sos mi vida, Mi gorda bella and currently Amarte así

from Telemundo Pasion de Gavilanes is all kinds of awesome. people like La Tormenta too, but I didnt like (more like hated) the main couple.

6. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

I used to watch one every year, just to keep my Spanish fresh.
    It takes a lot of patience to watch one.. :lol: so, I haven't seen one since Alborada... and that was 2005 - 2006 ( ? ) I think... :confused: My Spanish must be very dusty by now. :rolleyes:

7. CSIvela

CSIvela Hit and Run

Mi Gorda Bella was good, though it was like a Teleivsa novela on steroids, mixed up with Venezuelan humor/culture/flair.