Ted Danson Replaces Fishburne On 'CSI'

CSI Files

Captain
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation has found a replacement for departing leading man Laurence Fishburne (Dr Ray Langston). TV Line reports that Ted Danson will star in CSI’s twelfth season as the new grave shift supervisor, who moves to Las Vegas from Portland, Oregon. “From the moment we all started talking about the role, it was [...]

More...

I'm curious about why he's the new supervisor, but I guess we'll see. They've certainly captured my interest with this casting news!

What I want to know is why don't they promote Nick from Assistant Supervisor and make the new guy the assistant? After all, Nick is experienced, and he has seniority.

What I want to know is why don't they promote Nick from Assistant Supervisor and make the new guy the assistant? After all, Nick is experienced, and he has seniority.

There could be several reasons...

TPTB seem to have absolutely no confidence in the cast they hired almost 12 seasons ago now.

We have no idea if George has even signed a contract yet. (Sounds like Marg has but we don't know about Jorja or Eric either.)

George (& Nick) may not want to be supervisor. If you followed Grissom's last couple of seasons and Catherine last season, supervisors seem to spend a lot of time in an office in the lab and not much time in the field. George has said that he wants Nick to be out in the field.

Susan

I'm actually looking forward to this. Such a curious choice. He has played several types of characters, both dramatic and comedic, and he brings a wealth of tv experience to the show.
Cheers!
And, welcome to CSI, Mr. Danson! :)

I really am shocked that they would replace Fishburne with Danson. Was hoping against all hope that William Peterson would go back!!:confused:

Back