Tassler: Saying Goodbye To 'Miami' Was A Big Deal

CSI Files

Captain
CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler spoke to reporters today during the Television Critics Association (TCA) press tour, and she discussed the network’s decision to cancel CSI: Miami. “Saying goodbye to a CSI this year was a very big deal for us,” Tassler explained. She added, “That show has been extraordinarily successful for us… What we [...]

More...

"Saying goodbye to a CSI this year was a very big deal for us"

Seems to me like it was about as important as cancelling a new show that 'just wasn't working out', since they often get to the chopping block without much notice either. I don't know about CBS, but a lot of other networks would have given one of most watched shows in the world for a decade more than a "wham-bam-thank you, ma'am". Even the CW gives a sendoff to their long-running series, and it's the CW. :p

I wasn't asking for much, just a heads-up would have been nice not only for the fans, but for the cast and crew as well.

Yeah, that's show business. CBS cares? :lol:

Also, I love how they're trying to say that this schedule nonsense is what did it in when a NY-theme-night is so inconsequential next to the budget which is just slightly more important to a billion-dollar corporation. I think most of us are intelligent enough to understand that.

I'm glad New York is still around for a while longer, though.

Last edited:
This is why network TV is failing more and more each year. Idiots like Tassler are running it. How dumb do you think the fans are? :rolleyes:

This is why network TV is failing more and more each year. Idiots like Tassler are running it. How dumb do you think the fans are? :rolleyes:

ITA, HP. If it was such a big deal, CSI: Miami should've gotten a big sendoff. You just don't know how much I want to string this woman up by her toenails and drop her into Lake Michigan! :devil: It may have been expensive to produce, etc., but FANS kept that show on the air--we came back week after week, faults and all. Executives could care less. :rolleyes:

Back