Tassler: Fishburne Has Assimilated Into The Ensemble

CSI Files

Captain
At the Winter Press Tour, CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler shared that Laurence Fishburne’s character Dr Ray Langston is finally finding his place on the CSI: Crime Scene Investigation team.Langston was introduced during the show’s ninth season, and now that the show is halfway through season ten, audiences feel that the character “has arrived, he [...]

More...

I'm still interested in what "audience" they're talking to that feel he's "arrived", etc. *sigh*

I'm still interested in what "audience" they're talking to that feel he's "arrived", etc. *sigh*

maybe it's the audience of tptb that watch the show :rolleyes: if he is a member of the team why did he leave the group in Lover's Lane. I certainly don't feel he's part of the team.

I totally agree. I'm one of his biggest supporters/fans. And out of 15 million or so each week, their not all on here, [lots are];) but, one has to look at the big picture. I feel he fits in perfect and am glad he's part of the new ensemble, An in "Lovers Lane" he was there at the end, getting his shoe size and standing smiling at the team while they were having fun, his expression told it all. And I hope he wins the NAACP Award:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I think tptb recruited a big name and tried to build the show around him, too quickly. They realize this now, and have begun integrating him more slowly into the team this season. And it has been better so far, but I don't necessarily think it's because Ray is 'finding' himself, but more that he hasn't always been at the center of every episode. And I do feel that Sara coming back has restored some of the balance in the writing; they don't have to worry about another character trying to 'fit in'.
I also think they tried too hard to make Ray likable to fans. Sara and Warrick and Nick were all introduced with flaws and had some conflicts in the early years. But they gradually became friends, and formed a cohesive team.
I have nothing against LF, I think he is a great actor. I just don't think he fits the role that the producers envisioned. He's a powerful presence on screen, more specifically on the big screen, and, therefore, would fit better as a more powerful character, IMO.

Back