Talk Music

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by PianoWizzy, Mar 17, 2010.

1. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

I'm randomly interested in the music you listen to, maybe some of you even play music, or write music, anything. Humor me. :D [This goes under Media, right?]

I listen to- Elton John, Billy Joel, Five For Fighting, Mika, Lady Gaga, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Muse, McFly, Brad Paisley, The Eagles, The Bangles, Demi Lovato, Lily Allen, Owl City, The Beatles, Scatman John. Just a taste of my musical preferences...
    I play- classical stuff for the most part, basically, Chopin, Beethoven, and Debussy. ragtime, just about Scott Joplin. a little bit of pop, consisting entirely of Elton John and Billy Joel.
    I write- classical, and a bit of pop.

What about you?

2. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Well, I don't write any kind of music at all. I can read chords, but I can't write my own. As I am not good at it, and am not sure if it sounds good. When it comes to writing lyrics, it's nothing that I've tried to do so far. So no, I don't write any music at the moment.

I've taken guitar lessons. When I still was learning how to play guitar (and read chords), I mainly played pop and rock songs. To be honest, it is something I've continued with. Both because I find it simple and because I like that kind of music.

My music taste is actually pretty messed up. It's what I have been told, at least. As I can't say I like that kind of music and dislike some other kind of music. I do focus on the songs instead, instead of disliking some artists/bands or music genre. It makes me listen to almost anything from classical music to hard rock. But some of my favourite bands and artists are: Goo Goo Dolls, Stage Dolls, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Johnny Cash, Josh Groban, Nirvana, Linkin Park and Pet Shop Boys.

3. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

I like all kinds of music really. But my favorites have to be Story Of The Year, The Offspring, Cobra Starship, Sarah McLachlan, Hinder and Coldplay. :D

I play guitar, and I have tried to write my own songs but that was no success. I am an expert in making up new lyrics to songs though :D