Talk CSI Member Shane Saunders Interviews ‘CSI’ Writer Allen MacDonald

CSI Files

Captain
<font color=blue>Talk CSI</font> board member <font color=yellow>Shane Saunders</font> (Vegaslights) once again impresses by interviewing another CSI writer for his website <font color=blue>Modern Day Sherlock</font>. Saunders has previously interviewed <font color=yellow>David Rambo</font> and <font color=yellow>Gerald McCullouch</font>. Compounding this achievement is the fact that Saunders is only fourteen years old. Look out Hollywood!

Allen Mac Donald, staff writer for CSI, has been with the show since the third season. He got his start in the business working as a Production Assistant on Saved By the Bell: The New Class. His main responsibilities included getting lunch, dinner and <font color=blue>Starbucks</font> for the writers. Within a week, he realized that was what he wanted to do. After putting in time working on Hang Time and ER and writing a lot of spec scripts, he attended <font color=blue>American Film Institute</font> and earned his masters in screenwriting. From there, he got a job as a writer’s assistant on CSI and worked his way up from there.

While MacDonald enjoys writing for all the CSI characters, he tends to gravitate toward Nick (<font color=yellow>George Eads</font>) and Sara (<font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font>), both individually and as a team. They view the world the same way MacDonald does, which makes it easier for him to hear their voices in his head.

The theme Macdonald sees emerging which will carry into next season is the toll being a CSI takes on the individual characters. Seeing death on a daily basis effects them.

Visit Shane’s site <A class="link" HREF=http://moderndaysherlock.tripod.com/id97.html>Modern Day Sherlock</a> to read the full interview.<center></center>

Aw. Thanks so much Deborah! :D

It was great and so much fun interviewing Allen. His personality was great and full of charisma!

And thanks to you too Elsie. :D

Great interview, Shane! :D Allen really is awesome, and a fantastic writer.

Re: Talk CSI Member Shane Saunders Interviews ‘CSI’ Writer A

I throughly enjoyed the interview. Great job Shane. And thanks for offering BTA members a chance to interact with someone from TPTB, too. We really appreciate that. :)

Top41 said:
Great interview, Shane! :D Allen really is awesome, and a fantastic writer.

Thanks so much Kristine! *hugs* Allen has some really great creativity in his writing [such as "Toe Tags"; the victim's telling their stories from their point of view, and "The Unusual Suspect" storyline] and in a show like CSI, creativity is needed.

EricaSJ said: I throughly enjoyed the interview. Great job Shane. And thanks for offering BTA members a chance to interact with someone from TPTB, too. We really appreciate that. :)

Thanks Erica! I was glad that members from BTA decided to participate with me in the interview and I thought they asked really great questions! Although, I'm upset you didn't ask a question. :p

Believe me, you don't want me to ask questions. :devil:

I thought that was an awesome interview. Glad to see someone pitching for Nick and Sara.

Re: Talk CSI Member Shane Saunders Interviews ‘CSI&#82

Great interview Shane! Thanks! :)

Yeah... we definitely need more Nick and Sara enthusiasts, as a team or as individual characters.

I also liked how he explained the writing process in the show.

Re: Talk CSI Member Shane Saunders Interviews ‘CSI&#82

cofi_shot said:
Great interview Shane! Thanks! :)

Yeah... we definitely need more Nick and Sara enthusiasts, as a team or as individual characters.

I also liked how he explained the writing process in the show.

Same here!!! I jumped of my sofa when i read about Nick adn Sara :D

Great interview Shane, but that's not really surprising from you :p

Re: Talk CSI Member Shane Saunders Interviews ‘CSIR

Thanks so much cofi myfuturecsi and sissi! :D I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D

Congratz to Shane :D

You've written some GSR-centric episodes. What is your perspective on the romance?
^ I liked this question :)

letsdance said:
Congratz to Shane :D

Thanks!

You've written some GSR-centric episodes. What is your perspective on the romance?
^ I liked this question :)

Thanks. I tried to feature all different aspects of the show in the interview [as well as the questions that BTA members had]. I think Allen gave straightforward answers. :)

Another great interview Shane! I'm glad to know more about him.. we never hear much about Allen MacDonald.

Hottie_Cath said:
Another great interview Shane! I'm glad to know more about him.. we never hear much about Allen MacDonald.

I didn't want to bring this up without a good enough reply, and I thought of one! :D First off, thanks for your comment, Rissa! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm also glad your participated in it! :) I'm glad he gave an answer to your question.

I'm glad you liked the interview, I think out of the five interviews I've conducted since 2005, this is one of my favorites [hence the all the effort that was put into it]. We never really do hear a lot about the writers, except from CSI: Miami, through the writer's blog , which the writers rotate and post about the different things that occur on the show. I sure wish the writers/staff from the original CSI would also do the same. :rolleyes:

Back