Switched At Birth Discussion (possible spoilers) warning)

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by gsrfan82, Feb 1, 2012.

1. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

My friend of mine keeps raving how awesome Switched At Birth tv show, he asked me have you watch that show? I told him nope, I haven't checked that show yet, so later that night, I was in chat room with a friend and she said you should check that show you'll like it and she said it was about two girls got switched at birth by mistake, and one of them was deaf, I was like :eek: you seriously? and she said yep! so I decided to give Switched At Birth tv show a try, so I did watch the first episode and caught up right to the episode 14 last week, I was so floored after seeing it and loved it! I just saw the latest episode tonight, what a explosive ending I'm like Wtf was that, after Adrianna dropped the bombshell on everybody that she was the one who did it. I applaud to the creator of this show, for recongizing the deaf community and ASL in the show.

So what about you guys?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2012
  2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I love the show! Great actors and characters and the twists just keep on coming. I even try to keep up with the signs and learn. It really is a great show :).

3. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Please remember that spoilers should be put in a spoiler box. Information on how to do so in in the help thread at the top of this forum :).

4. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I love the show too. The cast is fantastic and the story lines move at a good pace. I look forward it every week.

5. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

Oh! I'm sorry I didn't think of that I'm much new to the board since last year summer, however I'll remember your advice shazza thanks for that tips :)

Yeah its great show, as for the sign language that can be very challenging for you guys to learn, ASL is very beautiful language, I learned that language when I was about 18 months old, due to profound severe hearing loss, long story.

My advice for you and rest of other fellow SAB fans can learn that ASL language if you're very commited and willing to learn it, it takes a patience to learn it at pace at time, you will speak like native deaf person speak with their hands.

One day you would come across at deaf person at any places you normally do in everyday life. It took my mom to learn the ASL about a year after my mom learned that I was deaf, she doesn't know what to do, I'm very thankful for this person Mrs. Duchini for teaching my mom and me how to communicate at such young age back then.

I can give you the ideas, if you want to improve your ASL sign skills, you can take up at college, they do offer that one, also deaf schools do offer the sign language classes as well and get those books like a basic course by tom humphries I think.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2012
  6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

^^ Thanks :). I know it's quite challenging to learn through a TV show and I don't pretend to master it that way. I have learned a few words like mother and father and in this last one the difference between virgin and vegetable lol.

I really liked the last scene between Daphne and John in this last episode. It was very moving and sweet. John is my least favorite character (sometimes I just want to smack him) but he was really great in this scene.

I was very surprised that it was the grandma who called the cops on Angelo. That was a great twist. By the way I really like the actress who plays her and that in real life she's puerto rican like me :).

7. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

The guy that plays John has played a bad guy in a lot of his work and I think even when he plays a good guy the bad guy vibe still comes through. I really did like that scene been him and Daphne. It almost brought tears to my eyes. The girl that plays Daphne makes it so easy to want to protect her and give her love. She has been through so much in her short life.

The whole Angelo thing is crazy. (In a good way.) I was sure the parents had called. Grandma is gonna make her mark though. Something about Angelo had bugged me from the beginning, but I never would have expected that. I can't wait till next week, it looks like it is gonna be a good episode.

8. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

hiphugger17 Yeah def I loved that vegetable/virgin banter scene that was hilarious, oh you should have seen Sean Berdy (Emmett)'s twitter, his tweets is sweet, but full of hilarious comments.

However, I did neary cry at Daphne/John scene she's like all angst and went bawling and got all hugged at end, it seems that she and John forgave each other and finally admits of her jealousy and wanting a true dad who been there and taking care of her. I'm like AWWWWW! thats so sweet.

I had a hunch that Adrianna doesn't even like Angelo/Adam at beginning when he showed up at Bay's school and flirts with Regina, I was like perhaps Adrianna knows what its hidden in Angelo/Adam's closet, that perhaps to be full of baggage with skeletons? I'm curious about that next week episode will Angelo/Adam gonna explain more. I'm sure Regina gonna disown her mom, I know she will not forgive her at all for what she has done by calling the cops on Angelo/Adam. I wondered how Bay and Daphne feels.

9. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

I forgot to post my reaction about that SAB episode 18 this week. I forgot to watch that night due to hockey game on tv LOL yeah I didn't even think that SAB was on tv that night. So I got the 2nd chance to catch it on hulu.com the day after that broadcasting. I sat down and had that episode went full screen on my laptop to watch it. Oh my! Bay surely got the balls to tell Emmett's mom that she's concerned about Emmett because of his weird behavior and he wants to quit the school to become photographer and it seems that Melody finally sees the light so she understood what Bay tried to explain and told Bay that she gets it so she'll take care of it. I kept watching the whole episode, so the Bemmett drama explodes at end of it, Melody brings up what Bay said, all of sudden Emmett knew what his mom was talking about and he was like very livid and angry with Bay for telling his mom about his secret and his intentions to become photographer, I'm like oh snap that is not gonna go well after that confrontation at art gallery. As for that promo for next week episode it looks so good. I can't wait to watch. As for that art gallery owner I saw that in last week episode #17 when he was sitting in the chair, I saw him I'm like OMG thats Hank the Shank who cheated on Sara with his girlfriend on CSI back in season 3.

10. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

ooh! I cannot wait for all new season on switched at birth, I read that one of tweets that Marlee Matlin said on her twitter about switched at birth show that she's in, she said you guys gonna flip! once the show is back on tv this fall. I'm like oh! it could be twist and suspenseful because of what happened between Bay and Emmet and others?

11. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I can't wait till it is back too. I am keeping an eye out for it when I watch Secret Life of the American Teenager on the same channel.