Staying Balanced

CSI Files

Captain
<font color=yellow>Eva LaRue</font> (Natalia Boa Vista) has an on-the-go lifestyle, but she makes time to stay healthy.

When it comes to exercise, LaRue attends yoga and pilates classes when she can and takes walks with her four-year-old daughter, <font color=yellow>Kaya</font>, and their dog Bingo. She also has some exercise moves that she does whether she can get to her classes or not. "I do power reps, which means I do as many as I can for eight minutes. I might begin with lunges, then give my legs a rest and go to bicep curls, squats and tricep kickbacks," she told American Fitness.

LaRue's diet is a combination of healthy foods and kid-friendly choices. She makes stir fry for herself with vegetables and chicken or fish. "I put everything in a big Tupperware container and store it in the fridge," she said. "When I get hungry, it's there just ready to heat up." Having food ready to eat helps to curb temptation. Otherwise, she might eat Kaya's "peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, which I love, of course." LaRue also confesses to having a weakness for brownies and chocolate chip cookies. "I can do without cakes, ice cream or other desserts but life is simply not worth living without a chocolate chip cookie every now and then," she said.

LaRue makes sure to maintain balance in her life. She is a single, working mother with a busy schedule. However, she doesn't let that stop her. Instead, she finds happiness in the little things. "Keeping a positive attitude about life, I think, makes me strong and healthier."

You can read the entire article in the May/June issue of American Fitness.<center></center>

Back