SPOILERS/REVEALING FUTURE EPISODE INFO: EVERYONE READ THIS!

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by BabaOReilly, Apr 20, 2006.

1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

OK everyone, the series are all coming up to the end of the season here in North America and I know we're all excited about what's to come. I know I am. :)

However, many people DO NOT want to be "spoiled" about what's coming in these last episodes and therefore try to avoid all threads with "spoiler" anywhere in the title. As you may or may not know, a spoiler is information (including pictures or screencaps) that comes from future episodes- i.e. episodes that have not yet been shown in North America, where the shows originate.

Now, that's all very fine and good, but we are seeing a re-emergence of people putting spoilers in threads unexpectedly and that's a big NO-NO . Plus, it's just plain inconsiderate!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use the available threads for spoilers. Oh look, here's a perfect example from the CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Forum: Season 6 Spoiler Lab Discussion & Posting

If you want to discuss things coming up on the original CSI, that is the place to go.

And holy cow, what do we have here?!! Why, it's a similar spoiler thread for fans of CSI:Miami!

Season 4 CSI:Miami Spoiler Lab

Are you all catching on? Good. We have lots of smart people on this board. :) I'm going to let you figure out the CSI:NY one for yourself. :lol:

Now, you can also use the handy dandy SPOILER device listed in the "Instant UBB Code" option just under where your reply box is located- you know the one; it has the "URL", Image", "Bold", "Italic", and all those other options. The "spoiler" one is for putting up spoilers that are actually hidden to people who don't want to see them. To read a spoiler hidden this way, you would have to follow a set of directions to open and view that spoiler. But the important thing is, it's not spoiling anything for people who don't want to see the info.

If you're having trouble figuring out how to use that option, ASK FOR HELP. There are tons of knowledgeable folks on here who would be more than willing to help you out. And if it's still not working for you for whatever reason, then GO TO A SPOILER THREAD INSTEAD! We DO NOT want to see unadulterated spoilers popping up randomly anymore, OK?

SO, I hope we're all clear on how this works. NO MORE UNWANTED SPOILERS!

Thank you. :)

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: SPOILERS/REVEALING FUTURE EPISODE INFO: EVERYONE READ TH

Question: is speculation about promos considered a spoiler?

3. BabaOReilly

Yes.

Any discussion of future episodes belongs in a) the specific episode spoiler thread in the appropriate forum or b) the spoiler lab of the appropriate forum.

4. IlovemySNICKERS

IlovemySNICKERS CSI Level One

Is it a spoiler if we're talking about THAT nights ep, if we have already seen it? Like say there was a new ep on tonight, and i saw it....could i talk about it in a thread or would that be a spoiler?
    grr....im confusing myself. So i'm probably confusing you...blah.

5. Calihan

Calihan Captain

If it was that nights episode, then there will be a thread specifically for the episode.

6. BabaOReilly

^^^ Yes, what needmorecsi said.

Basically, until the episode has been seen in the last timezone in North America (west coast) than any discussions of it are considered spoilers. But again, as has been pointed out, there is always a "spoiler" thread open for that week's episode, so you have a place to chat away to your heart's content.

The whole point here is to keep spoilers in their proper places- that is to say, NOT in a thread that is missing the words "spoiler warning" in the title, for the most part. :)

7. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Continuing on with what Baba said, if you're not sure about something add a spoiler warning.

8. BabaOReilly

^^^ Good advice. Or don't post it at all. ;)

9. CSIVegasMiamiNY

CSIVegasMiamiNY Pathologist

How come spoilers are considered spoilers if they havnt been shown in North America? I just wondered because there are loads of countries that watch CSI and I was curious as to why its a spoiler if it hasnt been shown in America?

10. BabaOReilly

Because the episodes air originally in North America, and as far as I know, this board has always gone by the point of origin. :)

No, we don't think we're the centre of the universe... most of the time! :lol:

11. CSIVegasMiamiNY

CSIVegasMiamiNY Pathologist

LOL ok thanks I just wondered!

12. BabaOReilly

I'm just going to lock this thread off, but please feel free to email me (or any other Mod, of course) if you have further questions on the wonderful world of spoilers.

Thanks. :)

13. BabaOReilly

Since the seasons have finished, I'm going to let this thread sink down. But there'll be a nice shiny new on back for the start of next season, don't you worry! ;)