Speed/Rory #7: 'Speed Is The Name Of The Game'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by ThumpyG42, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

Wow, guys...thread #7! Congrats to all my fellow Speed/Rory fans! :D

Before I continue, I have a couple things to ask:

1. Fan Art is great...we all love looking at well done wallpapers, avatars, and banners, and the occasional link to a wallpaper, etc. is fine, but please remember that the Fan Art forum is the appropriate forum to showcase such things.

2. We ended the last thread on a note of trying to get some substantial discussion of Speed/Rory in here along with our gushing (I mean, with a man like Rory, how can you not gush? :devil: ). I'm hoping we can keep that up in this thread as well. That being said, I'm going to repost the last two replies from thread #6 in here to continue on with the discussion.

Now...since I just made a whole bunch of 'Dazed and Confused' screencaps tonight, I think we'll begin this thread with a Slater pic:

[​IMG]

and finally, here's the link to Thread #6.

Happy posting, guys! :D

2. Saranna

Saranna Corpse

Wow! A new thread. Woo, well done guys!

I realised the other day I've not seen Rory in anything but CSI (I know, I know!)so does anyone have any recommendations for what film I should rent first?

3. ckyprincess

ckyprincess Judge

Oh man, look at stoner Rory! How sweet is he :D

4. ThumpyG42

A couple of good ones to start off with would be 'Dazed and Confused' and 'Empire Records'. Those would be the first ones I'd recommend you see, Rory is hilarious and amazing in both of them. :lol: The pic I posted above is from 'Dazed and Confused'.

EDIT: I love your banner, Gregs_Girlfriend! :D I haven't seen the 'Many Men' video in awhile, him and Adam both looked great in it. ;)

5. speedmonkey2

speedmonkey2 Head of the Graveyard Shift

*points finger* BAD SARA BAD SARA!

I highly reccomend empire records! Best movie ever!

Lovely slater pic Jen!

6. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

wow thread #7 :D
    i would also greatly recommend 'empire records', i only saw it last week and i have to say :D :D :D one of the funniest movies i've seen in quite a while

7. Chez

Chez CSI Level One

Congrats to us all for thread #7. No other character seem to have so many threads :D

I did before and i do it again: I recommend The Low Life. It´s hard to get but it´s definitely worth watching. I also love Sunset Strip and Love and a.45.

I´ll definitely go and see both, ASD and RAYD. I hope that the movies are gonna be released here. :(

Here´s a screencaps from LL
    [​IMG]

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Teehee The Low Life, I can't seem to find it. Oh well.

I'd recommend Black And White if you want to see Rory as a cop. I'd also recommend Love and A .45, just because it takes some SERIOUS acting skills to pull that off. And he did it so well.

9. loves_csi

loves_csi CSI Level One

Empire Records is my all time favorite. I also like Hart's
    War and The Last Don.

10. speedmonkey2

ah, I love hart's war at the end of the movie when he's sitting in the chair and he kinda tilts his head a little bit and says "You don't know what I saw." I was like HECK YES! But unforuntatley he's not in it a whole lot and he's racist *shrugs* I don't care its still rory cochrane to me. And to see him with that cat ALL the time is cute.

11. wibble

wibble Corpse

Yay, new Speed thread! :D [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

As a thread-warming gift, I bring you a pic from season 1's 'Broken' :)

[​IMG]

I watched Camp Fear the other night (which I need to do analysis on, especially Horatio :devil: ), *cough* anyway, I don't recall seeing a lot of Speed in this epi *wonders if she's going senile*. Erm, I'll have to look through caps of this epi and hopefully that'll jog my memory, then I can bring some more pics later :)

12. speedmonkey2

Lovely pic wibble! "jackass." I love it when he says that! Yeah if I remember correctly in Camp Fear eric and Speed had worked a case together about a man who died because he had gasoline in his throat and a spark from his cell phone set it off.

13. wibble

wibble Corpse

Oh yeah! Now I remember *slaps forehead* :lol:

That was a pretty cool case :) And if I remember rightly, Speed was clicking away with his camera at some point.

*goes to find speedcamera pics* :lol: (get it? :p ).

14. speedmonkey2

Well knowing that it speed and its miami he probably took a picture at some point. I mean a camera to that man is like horatio with his sunglasses. And if you noticed it wasn't until after the preimiere of s3 that other people started taking pictures more often. Well duh there camera man wasn't there!

15. ThumpyG42

Thank ya, ma'am! :D

Ok..so let's see, so far we've recommended:

Dazed and Confused
    Empire Records
    The Low Life
    Sunset Strip (I meant to mention this one in my post, lol)
    Love and a .45
    Black & White
    Hart's War
    The Last Don (I love Dante, btw...even if he is evil, lol)

I think we got all the high points listed there...although I'd like to add 'The Prime Gig' to the list. Anyone who hasn't yet seen a Rory movie really can't go wrong by choosing one of the ones listed. That list can be a little daunting, so, I'd say if you'd like to start with the movie that has the most Rory screentime, tons of Rory cuteness (lip sync scene!), and lots of laughs, I think I'd start with 'Empire Records'

Eric: I guess he had to take that phone call.
    Speed: Trip out.

:lol: I love that part! I'll admit sometimes when I watch that episode, I'll skip through the A storyline and only watch the Speed/Eric case...that's only when I'm in a hurry though! :p

I have a couple caps of Speed from 'Camp Fear' uploaded. I made caps for this episode awhile back, but these are the only two I have uploaded right now, and I'm too lazy right now to resize and upload more. :lol: I've posted them before, but, we don't mind looking at them again, do we? ;)

Here's the first one

And this one is my favorite!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.